WL to MK early am

Discussion in 'Disney Resorts' started by carolinakk, Jan 20, 2013.

1. carolinakk

carolinakk Mouseketeer

We have 2 early morning ADRs at MK during our upcoming trip (in 14 days...woohoo!).

What time does the boat from wilderness lodge begin running in the morning? We have an 8:05 ADR at CP on an EMH morning and then a pre rope drop ADR at the castle (8:15 am) the next day.

If we get on the boat by 7:30 will that be time enough?

2. Avatar

DIS Sponsor The Walt Disney World Swan and Dolphin is located in the heart of the Walt Disney World Reosrt.

to hide this advert.
  3. PatchPixie

PatchPixie Mouseketeer

If I recall correctly, for our 8:20 ADR at Cindy's we took the boat to the Contemporary and then walked to MK. The direct boat from WL to MK didn't start running until 8 ( with a 9am park opening.) The resort loop boats run sooner.

4. princessallegra

princessallegra They call me Mrs. Disney

Fyi the fastest and easiest way to get to MK from WL is the bus. It's literally 5 minutes whereas the boat is like 20 and you have to walk alll the way out to the boat dock. It's a nice trip to take for sure. But if I was trying to make it to an early adr with little fuss, the bus would be it. They start running very early just for that purpose. Good luck!

5. hoosll

hoosll DIS Veteran

WL boats to MK start running half an hour before park opens ... so take a bus or the boat to Cont and walk.

This happened to us in Apr last year.

6. carolinakk

carolinakk Mouseketeer

Thanks everyone, glad I asked! We'll prob do the boat to CR. Where do the busses drop you off at MK. Have never done a bus there. Thanks again!

7. Wood Nymph

Wood Nymph DIS Veteran

Here is a great map by Robo that shows the location of the bus drop off area.

http://www.stitchkingdom.com/maps/index.php?showmap=21

8. carolinakk

carolinakk Mouseketeer

Thanks! I've walked from MK to CR many times and somehow have never noticed the bus stops?! Guess I had my eyes on the prize of getting a cranky toddler in bed :)

9. Mousemommy1

Mousemommy1 DIS Veteran

The buses are definitely quicker. When we wanted to get there early to catch rope drop we hopped right on the bus and were there in 5 minutes. Way quicker than the boat.:thumbsup2