WL questions

scotth84

Earning My Ears
Hi everyone, I'm in the process of planning my honeymoon. I figure she'll plan the wedding, I can plan the honeymoon. We are getting married here in Maine on June 16 and then honeymooning after. We were originally going to go right away, but now we're planning to wait until July so it is value season for the deluxe resorts. We are thinking of staying at the Wilderness Lodge. I have a question about the rooms there. We will have a standard view room. I'm wondering if anyone knows any specific room I should request that may have a better view than some other standard views. Also, is there a balcony for every room, I've read mixed answers to that. One more thing. I read that the WL does no allow you to fax room requests like some of the others, they will only take what is on your reservation. Is this true, and if it is, can I add a request to my reservation down the road if something were to change?

I've been reading everything here for help with my planning. Thanks everyone for your help.

-Scott

As for best room I would ask for North wing facing MK and you mite get lucky and see fireworks from your room. The top floors have a no see thru balcony. Yes it is true they do not accept faxes for room request. Keep one thing in mind. List all your request in the order you would like them.You may want to mention it that it is your honeymoon you never know what surprise you will get. Remember request are just that a request no gurentee.

Congratulations on your upcoming wedding. All rooms at the WL have either balconies or patios (1st floor). You can call CRO and add on any room request after making your reservations. I have stayed at the WL 20 plus times, but haven't stayed in a standard room before so I can't help on the location.

The below link is a room map of the WL:

http://users.hartwick.edu/heydukr/wlrooms.htm

When you make your reservation let them know you will be on your Honeymoon. You may luck out and get an upgrade!

WL is an excellent choice for a magical honeymoon! :tink: All the rooms have just been refurbished and they are starting to work on the outside.

If you can swing it go for the Honeymoon Suite or at least stay on conceirge floor!

Make sure that the CM taking the reservation knows that this will be your honeymoon.

Best wishes to you!

Also make sure to eat at Artist Point :artist: while at WL and ask for a window view at the podium.

Hugpug said:
As for best room I would ask for North wing facing MK and you mite get lucky and see fireworks from your room. The top floors have a no see thru balcony.

Can you explain a no see thru balcony? Is it just a balcony with a wall so you can't see out? If it is that, then what's the point of having it? Thanks for your help and everyone else's help.
-Scott

On our first trip in August 2003, I had booked a standard room for my family (2 adults, 2 kids - obviously, we weren't on our honeymoon!) and after five minutes in the room, I went down and said I wanted to change to a woods view room and would pay the difference. As it turned out, they upgraded me for free, but honestly, I would have paid the $35/night extra. Our original room looked out over the service area, and there was a lot of noise (which you could hear in the room) and the heavy odor of diesel truck fumes...my 11 yo went out on the balcony and said, "Mom, we won't be able to use this" and she was right (at least during the day). FWIW, this room was on the sixth floor.

I know other people have raved about their standard room bargains, but since this is your honeymoon you are talking about, I don't know if you want to risk that. Sure, you can probably buy yourself an upgrade (or get one for free as I did), but you would have to change rooms and it might spoil the romance of the whole thing. If you can afford the difference, it might be worth the peace of mind to just book a woods view to begin with. That's what I've done for our upcoming trip.

Just my two cents...

scotth84 said:
Can you explain a no see thru balcony? Is it just a balcony with a wall so you can't see out? If it is that, then what's the point of having it? Thanks for your help and everyone else's help.
-Scott

The balcony is a solid wood railing. You have to stand to see very much except the sky and tree tops. The 5th. floor and below rooms in most cases have rails that you can see through.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter