WL or CSR?

momofmikey

Mommy also to Daniel and Lauren
Can't make up my mind. We've stayed at WL a few years ago, and really liked it, and loved the boat to MK. This year, we were thinking of trying CSR, b/c it will be the last year we can stay in a moderate (except POR, b/c we'll officially be a party of 5, so I know we'll be there in the future). We've stayed at CBR and POFQ, so CSR is the only one left to try. We're not in the resort too much, only at night, and although I know rationally we should stay at the CSR to save money, I do love the WL!

Any thoughts? Thanks.

I would go with the Wilderness Lodge because in my opinion they have a much better theme, overall location, more transportation options and all their rooms are located in one main building, unlike CSR because all their rooms are very spread out.

We love them both. IMO, CSR's pool is better than WL. While many people say CSR is too big, it's not as big as CBR (1,967 rooms around a 15 acre lake versus 2,112 rooms on 45 acre lake).

CSR also has great bus service and the atmosphere is a bit more adult than other mods.

However, nothing beats WL's lobby. It's location is also a plus.

We have stayed at both

WL has balcony/patios for each room. We thought the food was better, especially the counter service option. It is more compact overall and has indoor hallways. The boat to MK is a great option but bus routes often stop at another hotel on the way to your destination so that adds time to the trip. We found the pool to be small and crowded. It is a beautiful resort.

CSR has slightly smaller rooms. No balcony. We did not like the Pepper Market, but liked the options at the pool. We found the resort to be big but very managable. Mulitple bus stops and you do not share busses with any other resort which was great. Pool area for us was much better than WL. It was bigger, had a better slide and plenty of room. Also a beautiful resort just very different themes.

We would stay at either place again.

Have a great time wherever you end up!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter