WL or BL for Fireworks

kstorms27

Mouseketeer
We are planning a trip for this coming December and we are trying to decide between a studio at BL or WL. We would really like to be able to watch the fireworks from our resort instead of going into the park every night. 1st question, is it even possible to watch the fireworks from WL and 2nd question, if you had to choose between BL and WL, what would you choose and why? TIA for your help!

BLT has the fireworks view from the room if you book at TPV. Both resorts are probably already booked for this Christmas if you are going to book through DVC.

:earsboy: Bill

if you had to choose between BL and WL, what would you choose and why?
Unless you plan to watch fireworks from your room every or most nights, I'd pick WL. It has a nicer Christmas feel. For fireworks you can boat over to CR and watch from the deck, head to Poly or GV to watch from there.

We are not going for Christmas, we are just going sometime in December to see all the Christmas decorations. We don't necessarily need to watch fireworks from our room but if we can watch them from a beach or top the world, its a lot simpler then having to go into the park in order to watch them.

WL has easy access by boat to the Contp, so relatively easy to get to TOTW lounge if you are DVC member.

I realize that you can take a boat over to the Contp but it still requires you to wait for the boat to take you over there. On the flip side, if your at BLT, you just take the elevator up. We have stayed at WL before and loved it. We have never stayed at BLT so I'm just looking for pros and cons of both. Thanks guys!

even if you can't see them from your room - just go to the North elevators on any floor 7th and up unless you want to watch the monorail too then it is 5th floor and up.

at BLT!

besides the roof is nice but if you have little ones - the elevator is better because they can see too.

I realize that you can take a boat over to the Contp but it still requires you to wait for the boat to take you over there. On the flip side, if your at BLT, you just take the elevator up. We have stayed at WL before and loved it. We have never stayed at BLT so I'm just looking for pros and cons of both. Thanks guys!
It's really sad but we've had 4 stays at BLT over the last 2 years and only went up to TOWL once :) Everyone was too lazy to leave the room. Of course only 1 stay was a standard view with TPV. We would glance outside and watch the fireworks.

Only you can decide if it's worth it. We've been to TOWL several times, but as I said only once when staying at BLT!

I believe studio at BLT is the smallest of all resorts, perhaps tied or a bit bigger than AKV values. With the changes to VWL studios, I might go for the smaller BLT. I think the kitchenette is better for people who "cook" because there's more counter and storage space. There's also more cloths drawer space compared to updated studios. The bathroom is one that I do not care for. There's very little counter space in the sink area.

It would depend on the number of people in your studio as BLT's studio is smaller. VWL now has a sleeper under the television, but when the sleeper is in use you can't have a table as the table is a flip up from the bottom side of the murphy bed.

I don't think anyone mentioned this but no, you can't see the fireworks from VWL - or at least very little. You can see the higher ones from the beach and although I haven't done it I've read they can be seen from the CM's parking lot. If fireworks view is your only criteria then BLT will give you multiple locations you can walk to to view it even if you don't get a TPV.

Have to agree with KAT. You can see the higher explosions of Wishes from the beach (or possibly your room balcony) at VWL, but you can't experience the breadth of the show there (however, you can see EWP from the beach very well). If Wishes is your, ahem, wish then I would opt for BLT. To piggyback on another poster, even though you might not be aiming for Christmas specifically, the entire holiday time (a few days prior to Thanksgiving through NY's) at VWL is extremely tough to book under 11 months out as it's quite popular. BLT, while not as popular, still books up quickly, too. As a card-carrying member at VWL, I love the place and would choose it due to the ambiance there, but if I wanted to see full bore Wishes, I'd go to BLT. Good luck!

If watching the Magic Kingdom fireworks is on your list of things to do, then I suggest you add the Polynesian Villas & Bungalows to the list of resorts. You'll get some great views of the fireworks from Sunset Point at the Poly, or even from your studio if you have a Lakeview Studio.

But as Disneynutz posted, its not going to be easy getting a studio at PVB, BLT, or VWL for December. All of December, not just Christmas Week, is extremely popular with DVC members and studios at those three resorts get booked very quickly for that timeframe. You may have to make alternative plans.

Thanks for the feedback everyone. I really appreciate it. Looks like we have some choices to make.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter