WL or Beach Club in May?

Discussion in 'Disney Resorts' started by starousse, Jan 7, 2013.

1. starousse

starousse DIS Veteran

Hi everyone,

We were supposed to have gone back to Disney this past Dec, but because we lost the entire first floor and basement of our home in Hurricane Sandy we had to cancel our trip :( We're still not back home but had to reschedule to give us something to look forward to.

We were originally booked at WL, but with the new 30% discount that just came out, I was able to book the Beach Club for $200 less. So I switched. I keep thinking I made the wrong choice. We were at the WL last year for Christmas and loved it, but now that we're going in May, I thought the BC would be nicer. What should I do? Try the Beach Club or stick to the WL?

2. Avatar

DIS Sponsor The Walt Disney World Swan and Dolphin is located in the heart of the Walt Disney World Reosrt.

to hide this advert.
  3. Smile&Nod

Smile&Nod Mouseketeer

If you enjoy pool time at all on your trips I would say BC. Storm along Bay is great!

4. FantasiaMagic

FantasiaMagic DIS Veteran

The BC is a great resort. The location its in is amazing. You are in walking distance of EPCOT and HS. You can also take a boat to those two parks. You are also right near the BWI which has great entertainment.

The pool at the beach club is also great. SAB is considered the best pool on property. There are also great restaurants. The themeing of BC is very calm and peaceful.

The BC is one of my favorite resorts. And going in May would be smart to use the pool to its full extent!

5. Robbi

Robbi DIS Veteran

For a May trip, I'd go with BC.

6. mickeynut1

mickeynut1 DIS Veteran

We've stayed at both and both are great resorts. With that said, I would stick with the BC to try something different. The resort is beautiful, SAB is fun, and you can't beat being within walking distance to both Epcot and DHS. CS options are more limited than what you'll find at the other deluxe resorts, but if that isn't a big issue for you, I think the BC is a great choice :goodvibes.

7. Herbie

Herbie DIS Veteran

I would pick ANY other delux over the WL.. Thats a good deal for the BC!

8. patty57

patty57 DIS Veteran

Winter...WL. Another other time...BC. The Flower & Garden Festival is happening at Epcot in May, so another reason to stay at BC. You can't beat SAB for swim time.