WL for a solo traveler?

Debi

<font color=teal>I go to WDW 2,179,872 times a yea
I'm starting to plan my next solo trip (March 2002), and I'm really interested in staying at the WL. Everyone seems to love it there, but I'm having a hard time justifying staying at a deluxe resort if it'll just be me. I've always stayed at DxL (now POR) and love it there, but want to try someplace new. Am I crazy to want to stay at the WL, or should I stay at another moderate (CBR is my second choice)?

Debi:
I enjoy travelling solo and I enjoy the luxury of, once a year, staying in one of the deluxes. Last year, I spent Christmas time at WDW. After 4 nights at AsMu, I went to the Dolphin and had a wonderful time. The room was huge! I felt comfortable and at home. I enjoyed going back to my room in the evening and watching the fireworks. This year, I am going to spend a few days at AsMu again and then... I am sailing the Wonder by myself and then I will be spending 5 nights at AKL Concierge. Of course, i wouldnt't be able to stay there if I had not managed to grab an AP rate.
If you budget allows, I would say that you probably deserve to pamper yourself a bit. WL is a wonderful resort, and not one of the most expensive deluxes either. Maybe there will be coded rates and other discounts. So just keep your eyes on these boards: I know that people managed to get WL for as low as US$ 129 this fall (according to the mousesavers.com site). Have fun with your planning.

Thanks for the great insight, BelleMom. I will keep checking for discounts, because I really do have my heart set on the WL. Again, thanks! :)

spiceycat, I wish I could! I already have a long weekend planned in November/Decebmer for DIS CON, but I wish I could be at the WL then! Maybe next year. :) Any advice for the WL in the spring?

I've done WL solo before and it was great. I got a standard room which was perfect. Near the food court, on lobby level, which I didn't think I'd like, but the view of the pond was wonderful and I could see MK fireworks through the trees. Go for it is my suggestion. Be sure to take the Lodge tour one morning or afternoon!

Thanks, Joyce DC! What was your room number? I'm glad to hear that your stay was great! :)

I don't remember the room number (I barely remember what I had for dinner last night :) ) but if you were to exit the lobby heading towards the food court, pass the food court on your left, pass the elevators on your left, walk into the wall directly in front of you, turn right and the room I was in was the third door on the left. If you can point me to a room numbered floor plan, I can get you the number.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter