WL Deluxe Room vs Standard Room

aprilbabes

Mouseketeer
Last year we stayed at the WL for the first time. While the hotel was beautiful and close to MK (which is very important to us) I was turned off by the very small rooms. It was tight for a family of 4 and in my opinion not worthy of deluxe prices. We're planning our spring trip now. Poly was our first choice, but we won't stay there during construction. We'd love GF but it's $$$$$! The contemporary is an option but the only appealing thing about it, in my opinion is the monorail. I always found it to be very uninviting. We really wanted a monorail resort bc despite what many ppl on these boards say, definitely is more convenient when traveling with little ones. Our travel agent suggested we consider a deluxe room at WL (I realize this isn't a monorail resort but at least it's close to MK).
Are these deluxe rooms that much bigger and better???

Last year we stayed at the WL for the first time. While the hotel was beautiful and close to MK (which is very important to us) I was turned off by the very small rooms. It was tight for a family of 4 and in my opinion not worthy of deluxe prices. We're planning our spring trip now. Poly was our first choice, but we won't stay there during construction. We'd love GF but it's $$$$$! The contemporary is an option but the only appealing thing about it, in my opinion is the monorail. I always found it to be very uninviting. We really wanted a monorail resort bc despite what many ppl on these boards say, definitely is more convenient when traveling with little ones. Our travel agent suggested we consider a deluxe room at WL (I realize this isn't a monorail resort but at least it's close to MK).
Are these deluxe rooms that much bigger and better???

We've never stayed in a deluxe room, but I have researched them in the past and they are bigger than a regular room and accommodate 6 people vs 4 in a standard room. I'm not sure what the difference in square footage is, but the deluxe room has a bedroom with 2 queen beds, which is separated from a living room area (with the living room having a queen sleeper sofa). They are pricey as they are CL rooms (and usually aren't discounted), but they do provide more space over a standard room (and CL at the WL is amazing, IMO). Here is a link to information about the WL deluxe rooms:

http://www.disboards.com/showpost.php?p=50126326&postcount=6

HTH :)

We have stayed in both, and the deluxe rooms are bigger, when WL was first built it was called a moderate the first years and the later deluxe, Poly and Cont. have larger rooms. The later hotels have smaller rooms. Wl is still our favorite and if we are staying somewhere else we always go back to visit and dinner...

Thanks for the responses. This sounds like it might be a great option. Does anyone know how a deluxe at WL would compare price-wise to a standard at GF?

From what I have researched, the deluxe rooms at WL are VERY PRICEY!:( You may be better off renting points to stay VWL?

Thanks for the responses. This sounds like it might be a great option. Does anyone know how a deluxe at WL would compare price-wise to a standard at GF?

It would be around $125/nt more (give or take) for a WL deluxe room over a GF GV. It seems like a lot more per night, but keep in mind that the deluxe room is CL vs non-CL at the GF. One the other hand, GF GV rooms are more likely to be included in discounts, whereas the deluxe rooms usually are not.

We stayed in a Deluxe room at the WL December 2012. I thought the room was extremely spacious. We had originally been pricing out a CL Poly stay so I didn't think the WL Deluxe room seemed that bad in comparison! The only negative of the rooms is that they are not on the same floor as the lounge. But overall it wasn't a big deal. We stayed in one that is halfway down the south wing on a high floor and it had an amazing view of the courtyard/lake. We loved the CL lounge at the WL and used it a ton! If you check out the WL faq thread they show the deluxe room layout and have lots of good information. Also there is an article on the ************** Disney site that had a good description/pictures of the WL deluxe room.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter