WL Couryard for $357 VS Free dining at CBR. WWYD?

wdwobsessed

Work hard, Play hard. :)
Right now I have 5 nights Free Dining at CBR standard room (ugh) with 4 day hoppers for $2860. (Four People.)

I REALLY want to stay deluxe and I'm able to get WL Couryard view for our same dates for $1788.

Add in 4 park hoppers (which if I buy at UT I can get a 5th day free) I am up to $3316 for the 4 of us and we still will need food after that.

My travel companions are tight on the wallet, I would probably need to pay for the upgrade on the room. However, I for one am not looking forward to the sprawling nature of CBR.

I honestly think I'm saving more with Free Dining and shoulda just booked WL off the jump.

But ... Would you grab the WL at that rate??

Thx!

Last edited:
Not sure of your dates, but I know there is construction going on at WL for the near future. I would personally keep your FD reservation. It is cheaper and you get free meals, which would help your travel party.

I would definitely keep your CBR reservation. I think the new rooms there look really nice. Plus WL will be under construction soon. I'd hate to pay a significantly higher amount for construction.

I totally understand wanting the Deluxe experience again, but I think you already have a sweet deal going on, plus like you said, your companions will be tight on their wallets so the food already taken care of is surely a huge weight off everyone's shoulders. I'm sure you'll get that WL opportunity very soon! :hug:

Fwiw I canceled POR garden FD BB (no hopper required tickets) to stay deluxe for next month. Helped that I got a great rate at BC, but still, we don't eat most of the food when on the dining plan, and I'm frugal so get stressed out trying to use all the credits. It's easier for me to just pay oop and stay at the resort I want.

If what you'd truly spend oop at WL isn't affordable to you, then go with FD. Don't be like me in the past and stick to FD because it's a good financial deal. Especially if you rarely go to Disney - I.e., the cost savings from FD might be a small consideration in the scheme of things for you.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts