Wizarding World Hollywood Wait Times?

Catvondita

A Quirky Strange Girl in a Disney World
Hi there!

I hope this is he right place to post as I usually only post on the Disney World Forums. I'm going to California for the first time this July. I'll be going to Disneyland for 4 days and my fiancé and I are trying to go to Universal on one of our off days. Can anyone tell me what the average wait times are so far for the new Wizarding World? I've been a few times in Orlando so I don't need to go if there are crazy wait times but I've had a hard time finding this info.

Thanks!

We're going for the first time in June. I've heard they are lower than expected, and they are definitely much, much lower than weeks after HP in Orlando opened. You can check http://www.universalstudioshollywood.com/ushwaittimes/ to look at random times - Forbidden Journey is 25 minutes right now.

One difference - FJ takes the express pass in Hollywood.

What is an express pass? Similar to a Fast pass? If so, do they work the same? DH and DS are going to US in 2 weeks....they are super excited!

following as I am going to Universal Hollywood in June. My plan is to go to Harry Potter Land after 3pm. Its located at the front of the park so everyone heads there first. On another thread people who have been said it busy in the mornings but quietens down in the afternoon. I have the Unofficial Disney Guide for 2016, which is basing its tour plans on Florida and that says go in the afternoon too.

What is an express pass? Similar to a Fast pass? If so, do they work the same? DH and DS are going to US in 2 weeks....they are super excited!

It's universals version of fast pass in a way. You show them it and it brings you to a shorter line but I think you can only use it once per ride? and you have to pay for it.

We went Sunday April 17th and since we bought tickets online we got in an hour early with early entry. During this time only the wizarding world was open, we rode forbidden journey twice right after it opened as basically a walk on. Then walked onto hippogriff. The only thing that was building a line at that time was oliveranders wand thing (which the front of the line pass doesn't work for FYI). Someone in line before the park opened told us they had ridden forbidden journey 15 times the day before, but twice was enough for us.

I would expect the crowds to be quite a bit heavier come summer. Hotels in the area are ridiculously priced near UH this summer (I'm guessing people are booking to visit UH for HP). Right now it is still the off season, since school is in session.

I would expect the crowds to be quite a bit heavier come summer. Hotels in the area are ridiculously priced near UH this summer (I'm guessing people are booking to visit UH for HP). Right now it is still the off season, since school is in session.

I'm sure summer crowds will be heavier, but pretty much all LA area hotels are way up in price this year. We had a family get together 2 years ago in August and are having another one during the same week this year and hotels across the board are 50-80% higher in price. And the areas I'm looking at are nowhere near Universal.

I'm sure summer crowds will be heavier, but pretty much all LA area hotels are way up in price this year. We had a family get together 2 years ago in August and are having another one during the same week this year and hotels across the board are 50-80% higher in price. And the areas I'm looking at are nowhere near Universal.

I compared prices to May (they jump significantly mid-June). Some of the hotels really close to Universal are already sold out on my dates. You have to go over 10 miles away to get a good rate at a hotel that gets decent reviews (I've been searching by distance).

Hotel rates are way up this year. But we can't be sure how much of that is due to visitors to Universal and how much is due to the increase in business travelers or other non-theme park visitors. Unlike Anaheim and Orlando, places like Burbank and Central LA are still primarily business traveler destinations.

Are there any updates on the best time to ride Forbidden Journey?

We're taking the Lux Bus from Disneyland to Universal Studios, so we won't arrive at the park until after it opens. In that scenario, is it still best to wait to head to the Harry Potter area until around 3:00pm?

Are there any updates on the best time to ride Forbidden Journey?

We're taking the Lux Bus from Disneyland to Universal Studios, so we won't arrive at the park until after it opens. In that scenario, is it still best to wait to head to the Harry Potter area until around 3:00pm?

Generally, yes. But it does depend on the operating hours and what time you arrive and/or depart. If you can arrive pretty close to opening the wait shouldn't be bad, but if you can't get there until after 10am then you're probably better off doing the rest of the park first and coming back after 3pm.

Dh and Ds were at US on Sunday, May 8th and Monday, May 9th. DH says it the best times are before 10/11am or after 3pm otherwise expect crowds. They had a fabulous trip!

We were there 5/11 and our longest waits were for the Studio Tour and to eat at Three Broomsticks, both of which we did mid-day, and both wait times were approx 30 minutes. I'm sure May was less crowded than July will be, but we were pleasantly surprised at how manageable everything was.

I agree with what the posters above me said. The Wizarding World area of the park didn't look too crazy right at opening, although that was where almost everyone headed first, it's just that crowds in general are less at opening, and it calmed down again several hours before closing as most people were heading out of the park.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter