Wizard101 clothing way overpriced

PrincessPaisley

DIS Veteran
Over this past weekend I found that clothing usually only attainable through purchasing crowns have been available in stores. While at first look they are very expensive to purchase I have found that the pricing is way out of wack. For example I was looking to purchase the Master's Garment of the Triton in Dark Purple and Light Green to complete my outfit, but it cost a wopping $61,115 gold. Since I had already spent most of my gold on the rest of the outfit I I decided to purchase it with the Brown/Brown color combination for $22,400, and dye it to Dark Purple and Light Green later. Well was I surprised to find that it only costs $9,605 to dye the item Dark Purple and Light Green. Ultimately this means that had I purchased the Master's Garment of the Triton in Dark Purple and Light Green from the store I would have paid $29,150 gold more than I had too. I guess it is buyer beware.

That's a good point to make about choosing colors. I've often found that the price changes for certain color combinations, higher or lower. And even when you dye the clothing, certain combinations are higher priced to dye them than other color combinations.

It looks like you found a more affordable way to get crown clothing from the stores. Nice work. :thumbsup2

I always buy the crown clothing white/white and dye it at the stores. The double white seems to come out the cheapest for me.

I always buy the crown clothing white/white and dye it at the stores. The double white seems to come out the cheapest for me.

The white/tan combo is always just slightly cheaper for me. I dont know why white would be cheaper, it's still a color! Plus, it's classy:thumbsup2

I can't pay for a membership so will this mean I can't get the clothing

I can't pay for a membership so will this mean I can't get the clothing

There are special clothing items you pay for with crowns. You can get all the other clothing items.

There are special clothing items you pay for with crowns. You can get all the other clothing items.

Actually, the clothing I purchased from the store in Mooshu is identified as being an item purchased with crowns even though I paid with gold. I have not checked today however I believe these items could also be purchased in other lands.

Regarding crown clothes, I believe each land has higher level crown clothes - so Zeke has different items in each land - the gold cost is VERY HIGH for the crown clothes, so you have to be pretty rich to even get one thing.

But all the hats, shoes and robes are available to all, even non-paying members.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter