Witnessed a crime scene at EPCOT!

Discussion in 'Theme Parks Attractions and Strategies' started by GatorMommy2007, Mar 27, 2013.

1. Schmeck

Schmeck <font color=blue>Funny thing is now my 17 year old

Definitely not Mickey, it was so big and ugly and it scurried across my path and climbed into a planter. :scared1:

2. Avatar

Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide this advert.
  3. ryalluvdiz

ryalluvdiz Mouseketeer

Me too!!!! I'm cracking up!!

4. aubriee

aubriee <font color=brown><marquee>Chocolate always makes

:rotfl::rotfl::rotfl: Years ago, my brother was cutting down some old trees for firewood and didn't realize that one of the trees had a squirrel nest in it. My brother was careful to place the babies in a little nest on the ground and then checked on them several hours later, the momma squirrel never came back and he decided she must have been killed. My brother felt so bad, he brought the four babies home, kept two, and gave one to us, and the other one to my parents. We went to the vet who gave us some pet formula and we raised her with a tiny bottle he gave us. All four babies made it and round up being pets. We named ours Trouble and after she got big enough to survive on her own released her in our front yard, thinking she'd find a mate and go back to the wild. Nope, she found a mate and had several litters of pups, but she remained tame up until she died a few years later. She lived in some oak trees in our yard, but every time we pulled into the driveway, she'd come running and run straight up our legs to sit on our shoulders or wrap herself around our necks. Every time we opened the door, we had to be careful or she'd run in. Our neighbors adored her and were always feeding her. However, Trouble never did figure out which humans to avoid.:rolleyes1 She just loved people and would charge anyone that entered the yard to run up their legs (sometimes she wouldn't even bother to run up the legs, but would just take a flying leap at you and expect you to catch her. Everyone that pulled into our driveway accused us of having an attack squirrel.:rotfl: I don't know how many times I'd hear someone yelling, look out the window and see some salesman dancing around, arms flopping, screaming like a girl, trying to knock Trouble off them. I'd open the door and accuse them of scaring my squirrel. Most left rather quickly with Trouble either sitting on the ground with her back arched and fur standing straight up or on my shoulder, hissing and chattering at them.:rotfl:

5. Bearybear

Bearybear A firm believer in the unbelievable

About 2 years ago, we had a rabbit steal my son's fries at POFQ. We were sitting outside watching the movie, and the rabbit came up and took a few of his fries! For some reason, it seemed more crazy to me as a rabbit instead of a squirrel or bird.

6. joshsmom

joshsmom <font color=009933>I baked a cake, put on respecta

Maybe it was an audioanimatronic squirrel!! LOL

7. TDC Nala

TDC Nala <font color=red>1937, what a year that was<br><fon Moderator

I've seen squirrels rooting through strollers on many occasion...and even birds. The birds will eat anything you leave out for them to access, but the squirrels will actually get into zippered bags and check them out.

there's a lot of wild animals at WDW (usually birds) that are accustomed to being fed and have no fear of people at all. They will come right up to you and beg, and some will just swipe what they want. No matter how often WDW asks guests to not feed the birds and critters, they can't stop it, because people think it's so CUTE.

8. goofy_joe

goofy_joe Mouseketeer

I had a squirrel eat through my golf bag while it was in storage. From now on, I'll take the snacks out of the bag between rounds if I'm storing it.

I've also had instances where we've parked the golf cart and all the animals come scurrying up looking for food.

9. Miss Mo

Miss Mo DIS Veteran

When we were at Animal Kingdom in 2011 we had gone into The Rainforest cafe for lunch, came out to find our stroller had been moved and a cast member came looking for us, he had witnessed a squirrel stealing a cookie out of the stroller and gave us a voucher to replace it!! LOL!!! Now that's customer service!! haha!!:thumbsup2

10. ols386

ols386 I want to live at Disney World!!

Maybe the person who had their sandwich stolen (by a squirrel) will post on the dis boards.;)

11. workingpig

workingpig Earning My Ears

That's great to know and to keep our eyes open!

12. ponyboy

ponyboy Gun slingin DW lover

A couple of years ago I was at Epcot over in England eating fish and chips when a squirrel climbed up on the table. I looked at him and he wasn't looking at me, he was looking directly at my food. Then he ran over and grabbed a fry and started eating it right in front of me. He obviously didn't know that people eat squirrels where I'm from. ;)

13. CarolinaGirlTiss

CarolinaGirlTiss Mouseketeer

:rotfl2::rotfl::rotfl2::rotfl::joker::rotfl::rotfl2:

14. natebenma

natebenma DIS Veteran

I was the victim of a churro-stealing seagull near Mexico. Where's Disney animal control when we need them!

15. natebenma

natebenma DIS Veteran

No, Mickey just takes your money, not your snacks!

16. brooke789

brooke789 Mouseketeer

I'm just glad they can't eat their way into where I'm sleeping. Anyone been to Cumberland Island (GA). :shudder:

17. PinkBudgie

PinkBudgie <font color=deeppink>Expert Disneyland Snowball Ma

The other day I walked into the room with a plate of chicken and my pet bird landed right on top of it, started eating, and squaked annoyed at me when I tried to get him off! I thought this is worse than a dog that begs because birds come down from the air. Yes, my bird loves chicken and gets two tiny bites a day.

I've never seen this happen at Disneyland. Maybe because of all the cats. ;) Come to think of it, I can't remember seeing a squirrel at DLR. Now I know to keep my food undercover at WDW! What worries me most about it is any germs they may have.

18. Lorilais_mommie

Lorilais_mommie " They can drink pepsi, but they can't pee in the

:rotfl:
    Wow.. It knew where to go for yummy treats even before he had bought them!

19. TiggerBouncy

TiggerBouncy Mouseketeer

How horribly rude!

You would have thought he would at least have left an acorn in compensation! :)

Personally, I find the little thieves incredibly cute and never stay mad at them long. My dog, son and wife all pull the same cute thing.

20. Kona65

Kona65 Taking it slow and easy!

Ha, Ha, loved the picture.

21. ricosuave

ricosuave Mouseketeer

Those pics are hilarious! I'll be on the lookout when we go- hopefully post a pic ;)

Sent from my iPad using DISBoards