With Every Passing Hour, I'm So Glad I Left My Tower! My Solo Birthday Adventure *NEW 3/5

You got some amazing pics of both shows!! The FP+ area looks great!! I only wish that it was possible to get that FP+ without having to sacrifice something earlier in the day...it's a tough call...those Disney peeps know what they're doing...oh well. Sounds like you had a great time though...and so...magical!

After Wishes ended the CMs opened the gate at the front of the FP+ area, which made it a lot easier to leave the area. I had a fastpass for Big Thunder Mountain coming up, so I wanted to get over to Frontierland. And the easiest way to get there is to cut through the hub, right? Wrong. Not while their is huge masses of people going the opposite direction trying to leave the park. :crowded: I barely made it a few feet before I realized that wasn’t going to work and fought my way back out of the crowd and headed towards Tomorrowland.

upload_2015-6-29_14-56-21.png

At that point I was getting really hungry. I hadn’t eaten anything since I had Subway in the airport. Since I was right there I decided to grab a cream cheese pretzel from the Lunching Pad. But it was closed. I had a thought that this would be the perfect time to get my first Dole Whip. So, I decided that I would make my way in that direction, ride what I came to, and get a Dole Whip after my FP on BTMRR. Tomorrowland was packed with people so I decided to move on. I didn’t even get to Fantasyland before I realized I was starving, there was no way that my plan to eat whenever I got to it was going to work. I needed food now! I saw some people walking out of Pinocchio’s Village Haus and decided to eat there. An order of garlic knots sounded really amazing. Well, I walked in and was stopped by a CM who told me that they were no longer serving food. :faint: UGH! She told me a few places that were still open and Sleepy Hollow was one of them, so I figured that may be my best option since it was closer. I power walked my way through Fantasyland and Liberty Square, stopping only long enough to take this picture.

upload_2015-6-29_14-57-19.png

I got to Sleepy Hollow and got in line. But the line was really long and it was too late for waffles. My options were a funnel cake or ice cream sandwich and neither sounded appealing to me, so I got out of line and resumed my mission to find a Dole Whip. And since I’m directionally challenged, I went across the bridge towards the hub. They were replaying Celebrate the Magic on my way by and I was surprised to see that they project it onto the side of the castle. I would usually stop to watch, but I was too hungry. That should tell you how hungry I was, my need for immediate food surpassed my insane love for Celebrate the Magic.

I walked along the hub and was incredibly annoyed that I had just circled the entire park to get to a spot about 10 feet from where I began. :mad: I finally made it to Adventureland through the entrance next to Crystal Palace. I found Sunshine Tree Terrace and decided to give up my quest for a Dole Whip and get a Citrus Swirl instead.

upload_2015-6-29_14-57-50.png

It was delicious and really hit the spot after I had been searching for food for so long. I found a spot to sit on a bench near the Swiss Family Tree House to eat it. It was after 11 at this point and I my FP window for BTMRR closed at 11:25, so I ate the rest of it on the way over to Frontierland.

For some reason, I could not find BTMRR, I walked past it about 5 times before I figured it out. I went through the fastpass line without a wait and before long was on the wildest ride in the west. That is not the best ride to rise by yourself, it took all my strength to brace myself so I wouldn’t slide across the seat.

After BTMRR I decided to try Splash Mountain since I missed my FP+ time. The wait time clock wasn’t working, but the CM at the entrance said the wait was about a half hour. I debated waiting that long, but decided to try it, and only waited about 15 minutes. They put me in the first row and there was only one other couple in the log with me. I wasn’t thrilled about being in front because I didn’t want to get soaked. And sure enough, I got sprayed by the jet next to the drop and got soaked after 30 seconds of being on the ride. The Main Street Electrical Parade was going by, so every time the log went outside I could see the floats, which was a really cool experience. I wish I had my camera out so I could get a few pictures. It was a great ride, but I got very wet.

upload_2015-6-29_14-58-20.png

upload_2015-6-29_14-58-34.png

After I got off Splash Mountain it was around 11:45 and I decided to head out. There were EMH until 2am and I was planning on staying for a majority of it, but I was tired and was still grumpy from my search for food. There wasn’t really anything I felt like doing and my feet were starting to hurt, so it was a good time to leave.

I stopped for a few photopass pics on my way out.

upload_2015-6-29_14-59-1.png

upload_2015-6-29_14-59-18.png

They turned out to be some of my favorite pictures from the trip. Too bad I was soaked.

I don’t think I had to wait very long for a bus back to Art of Animation. But, that walk to the Little Mermaid section seemed much longer after walking around the park all night. I got back to my room and was happy to see that my bags had made it to my room. I got some stuff put away and went to bed.

I did not sleep well at all that night. The room was freezing and the sheet and thin bed spread didn’t do much to keep me warm. I kept getting up to turn the thermostat up. I think it started at 60 degrees and I put it up to 72 by the time I was done. It took me a long time to get to sleep and once I did I kept waking up every hour.

You got some amazing pics of both shows!! The FP+ area looks great!! I only wish that it was possible to get that FP+ without having to sacrifice something earlier in the day...it's a tough call...those Disney peeps know what they're doing...oh well. Sounds like you had a great time though...and so...magical!

Thanks! The FP area is great, but I agree it is hard to give up an earlier FP and the chance for a 4th. It was a great choice if you are only going to be in the park at night like I was.

What a fun afternoon/night!! Glad you finally found something to eat!! I hate when hotel rooms are freezing...I usually turn down the air immediately when I arrive...it shouldn't feel like a refrigerator!!

Your first evening sounds full of adventure. You sure packed a lot into it. I have done the circle the park for food walk as well. Frustrating but still Disney, right? Your photo pass pictures as you were leaving really are great. Sorry about the room temp. I find the rooms very cold too. Now I am determined to take warmer pajamas for my trip in October. Keep up the good report. I am really enjoying it.

Navigating MK right after Wishes is a nightmare. There's no easy way to get through the hub! I'm glad to hear you were able to get yourself over to BTMRR eventually (and get yourself fed on the way!)

I love the pictures in front of the castle ... even if you're wet (it's hard to tell when they're small!)

Sounds like a good first night at MK (even if you didn't make it to 2 AM!)

What a fun afternoon/night!! Glad you finally found something to eat!! I hate when hotel rooms are freezing...I usually turn down the air immediately when I arrive...it shouldn't feel like a refrigerator!!

I was a great night! That room was always freezing, even after I turned the thermostat up. There were many times that week when I really wished I had a big fuzzy blanket to wrap up in.

Your first evening sounds full of adventure. You sure packed a lot into it. I have done the circle the park for food walk as well. Frustrating but still Disney, right? Your photo pass pictures as you were leaving really are great. Sorry about the room temp. I find the rooms very cold too. Now I am determined to take warmer pajamas for my trip in October. Keep up the good report. I am really enjoying it.

They really should have more places open later. I know people don't usually eat at 10:00 at night, but schedules get thrown off on Disney vacations. But you are right, at least I was at Disney!

Enjoying your report! Thanks for sharing!

lynn

Thanks for reading!

Looking forward to the rest of your trip report. Thanks for posting.

Thank you for reading!

Navigating MK right after Wishes is a nightmare. There's no easy way to get through the hub! I'm glad to hear you were able to get yourself over to BTMRR eventually (and get yourself fed on the way!)

I love the pictures in front of the castle ... even if you're wet (it's hard to tell when they're small!)

Sounds like a good first night at MK (even if you didn't make it to 2 AM!)

It was a great night! I wasn't planning on staying until 2am, but I was planning on staying later than I did. But I'm glad I left when I did instead of pushing myself to stay later and being miserable the next day.

Looks like so much fun! I'm glad you got a citrus swirl :) Since they apparently got rid of the swirl option with the Dole Whips, that might be what I try next trip.

Love the castle pictures; you look like you were having such a fun time :D :D Yay! Can't wait to read more :)

Great pictures of Celebrate the Magic and Wishes! I'm glad the FP+ situation worked out well!

I'm sorry MK was such a hassle with the crowds in the Hub. That is a crazy time after Wishes.

The citrus swirl looks yummy! I've never had one because I'm such a huge Dole Whip fan but it looks good.

Great PP pictures at the castle!

Is there really any other option than Magic Kingdom on arrival day?? :rainbow:

I hate when you are starving and searching for food and everything is closed?! Especially when they were open until 2am.

Can't wait to hear more!

Looks like so much fun! I'm glad you got a citrus swirl :) Since they apparently got rid of the swirl option with the Dole Whips, that might be what I try next trip.

Love the castle pictures; you look like you were having such a fun time :D :D Yay! Can't wait to read more :)

The Citrus Swirl was delicious, I'd definitely recommend it!

Just found this and following! That citrus swirl looks yummy!

Welcome! :wave2: It was very yummy

Great pictures of Celebrate the Magic and Wishes! I'm glad the FP+ situation worked out well!

I'm sorry MK was such a hassle with the crowds in the Hub. That is a crazy time after Wishes.

The citrus swirl looks yummy! I've never had one because I'm such a huge Dole Whip fan but it looks good.

Great PP pictures at the castle!

Post-Wishes crowds are INSANE. There is no way to get through them. The Citrus Swirl is great, very different than a Dole Whip. It is definitely worth a try.

Is there really any other option than Magic Kingdom on arrival day?? :rainbow:

I hate when you are starving and searching for food and everything is closed?! Especially when they were open until 2am.

Can't wait to hear more!

There is no other option! A Disney trip hasn't officially started until you are standing in front of the castle. The search for food is ridiculous! Spoiler alert: that wasn't the only time I was desperately searching for food after everything closed. They should definitely have more late night options.

My first full day at Disney! Since I had planned to be in the parks late the night before, my plan for this morning was to sleep in a little, which is exactly what I did. I woke up around 8:30, took a shower in Ariel’s Grotto, and took my time getting ready with Stacy on in the background. The perfect way to start off a morning in Disney! :goodvibes

I headed to Landscape of Flavors for breakfast by 9:30. The best breakfast for the first morning in Disney is Mickey Waffles, also known as the greatest breakfast food in existence. I’m not a huge waffle person, but Mickey Waffles are just so amazing. Everything tastes better with Mickey ears. I was very disappointed to find that they do not serve Mickey Waffles at Landscape of Flavors. :( So I settled for the character waffles instead, with bacon and fresh fruit.

upload_2015-7-7_19-22-54.png

They were cute and very tasty, but not as good as Mickey Waffles. The bacon was pretty decent and the fruit (strawberries, blueberries, and mandarin oranges) was a great addition. Overall, it was a great breakfast!

I finished breakfast and was on a bus by 10am, which was my goal, yay for being on time! So where was I headed on my first full Disney day?

upload_2015-7-7_19-23-20.png

Magic Kingdom, of course!! When I planned my park days I originally wasn’t going to go to a park on my arrival day, so this was supposed to be my first day at the park, so I had to make it a Magic Kingdom day. By the time I decided to go to a park on arrival day there was no point in changing my park days around, and there is no such thing as too much Magic Kingdom.

Seeing the castle for the first time in daylight was amazing. I just kind of stood in the middle of Main Street and stared at it for a little while.

upload_2015-7-7_19-23-45.png

The CMs were directing people to the side walk and asking them to clear the street. I was kind of confused at first, but then I saw the reason why making its way down Main Street.

upload_2015-7-7_19-24-16.png

The Trolley Show!! I had never seen it before and here it was, starting just as I was entering the park. And I had an amazing front row spot without even trying! It couldn't have been more perfect!

upload_2015-7-7_19-25-9.png

upload_2015-7-7_19-25-22.png

upload_2015-7-7_19-25-36.png

upload_2015-7-7_19-25-49.png

upload_2015-7-7_19-26-8.png

upload_2015-7-7_19-26-22.png

It was an adorable show and the most wonderful way to start out a day at Magic Kingdom! :cloud9:

Wow, I didn't even know this show existed! It reminds me of the opening show and looks like a great way to start on your first full park day :)

I'm really, really, really want to see the Trolley Show! We're usually deep into the park when it comes through so I've never seen it. It looks so cute!

I've never seen the Trolley Show - so exciting that it was right there when you got to the park!

That's too bad...but your breakfast did look pretty delish!

Looks adorable! I've never seen it either...usually trying to make the most of lesser morning crowds at that time...

It was a very delicious breakfast! Just not quite as delicious as Mickey Waffles. It is an adorable show, I would recommend seeing it if you get the chance.

Wow, I didn't even know this show existed! It reminds me of the opening show and looks like a great way to start on your first full park day :)

It was an awesome way to start the morning! The trolley performers are in the morning show, so that is probably why it reminded you of it. You should definitely see it if you get a chance!

I'm really, really, really want to see the Trolley Show! We're usually deep into the park when it comes through so I've never seen it. It looks so cute!

It is a cute show. It is hard to plan a schedule around seeing it though. I just got lucky that it was starting just as I was walking in the park!

I've never seen the Trolley Show - so exciting that it was right there when you got to the park!

It was a great surprise to see it starting just as I got to the park!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter