• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

With Every Passing Hour, I'm So Glad I Left My Tower! My Solo Birthday Adventure *NEW 3/5

Love the monorail! And I adore your Snow White shirt and the castle picture - so cute!

I am thinking I may have to take that tour sometime soonish - this sounds like just my kind of thing, and I like that they have a shorter version as well as the longer, more in-depth tour. Hopefully some day I can say I've done both :) :)

Can't wait to read more!

Thank you! The tour was so wonderful, I'm sure you will love it! I'm hoping to go on some other longer tours some day too.

Just got caught up on you review. I'm so glad to hear some info on the tour. You are right there is very little info out there about that particular tour. I have wanted to do it for the last 2 years but couldn't fit it in. With the info you provided I will have to make time to do it on our next trip.

All caught up! We did the Keys to the Kingdom tour two years ago and this August we did Marceline. Loved them both! I would really recommend Keys, you get lunch at Harbour House and a special pin.

Subscribing. I'm all caught up and have really enjoyed your report! I've always wanted to do the solo thing at WDW, but will most likely not get the chance anytime soon. Can't wait for more!

Just got caught up on you review. I'm so glad to hear some info on the tour. You are right there is very little info out there about that particular tour. I have wanted to do it for the last 2 years but couldn't fit it in. With the info you provided I will have to make time to do it on our next trip.

I'm glad I could give you some information about the tour. If you can fit it in you should definitely try it! It was a great experience!

All caught up! We did the Keys to the Kingdom tour two years ago and this August we did Marceline. Loved them both! I would really recommend Keys, you get lunch at Harbour House and a special pin.

Doing Keys to the Kingdom is definitely on my bucket list! I love hearing all the background information about the parks

Subscribing. I'm all caught up and have really enjoyed your report! I've always wanted to do the solo thing at WDW, but will most likely not get the chance anytime soon. Can't wait for more!

Welcome! Doing a solo trip is a lot of fun, I'm already thinking about doing another one!

After I explored The Seas it was getting close to my fastpass time for Soarin so I head to The Land.

upload_2015-11-1_19-57-55.png
Love the balloons over Sunshine Seasons!

Since I still had time, I decided to go on Living with the Land first. It was a walk on, no surprise. I will never understand why it is considered a tier 1 fp+ attraction.
During my 2 second wait for the next boat, I spotted a heart hidden in the mural.

upload_2015-11-1_19-58-18.png
See it?

upload_2015-11-1_19-58-37.png

Living with the Land isn’t my favorite ride, but I like the greenhouse part.

upload_2015-11-1_19-59-1.png

By the time I got off the ride and walked over to Soarin, it was 1 minute before my 1:10 fastpass+ window opened. So I just kind of stood by the entrance to wait.

upload_2015-11-1_19-59-25.png

Before long I was flying of California. I love Soarin!! It is definitely one of my favorites, I could ride it a hundred times and not get tired of it.

After returning from my flight, The Land building was packed. I was really confused why the hallways were lined with people. Until I got closer to the doors and realized it was pouring out. So I pulled out my poncho and made my way to Figment.

When I was about halfway there was a huge crack of thunder. So I speed walked the rest of the way. I don’t mind walking through the rain, but I don’t want to be outside if it is lightning.

I made it to Figment without being electrocuted and went on a journey through imagination.

upload_2015-11-1_19-59-48.png

I know a that there are a lot of people who hate Figment, but I love him. I just really love the message behind the ride, and the song is very catchy.

When I got off the ride it was still pouring and the Imagination Pavilion was packed with people. I decided to wait for it to let up a little and make sure it wasn’t thundering before leaving. So I checked out a few of the games and then wandered around the gift shop. And then wandered around it again and again. It was so crowded in there from everyone hiding from the rain it was so hard to move around.

Finally I decided to brave the rain and pulled on my poncho. It was barely sprinkling out. Turns out the “rain” I saw from inside was just water dripping off the roof.

I know a that there are a lot of people who hate Figment,

Figment lover here too!!! The only thing I don't like about that ride is that even when it isn't crowded...the line seems to move really slowly. I like the Land too, but you're right...not exactly a Tier 1 attraction...

I'm in the "no Figment" camp ... but it is a good place to camp out in the rain.
I'm really impressed that you kept going out there and getting things done despite the rainy weather!

I'm a big fan of Living with the Land and Soarin' so it sounds like a great time to me!

Glad you braved the rain!

I've actually never done Figment. We always seem to skip over it because we run out of time. But I'm really going to try to make it happen on our next trip!

If you ever think about going on the Marceline to Magic Kingdom Tour, DO IT! I couldn’t recommend it enough! I loved it so much and learned so many things about Walt Disney. And it was only $27 ($30 without the Disney Visa discount). It was so worth it.

I really need to take part in some tours! It sounds like you had a wonderful time!

Casey’s Corner and got some corn dog nuggets with cheese sauce.

We love Casey's!!!

I love looking around The Seas, it is always a nice peaceful break away from the choas.

I could stand there for hours just watching all the fish/sharks/rays/the sea turtle!

I know a that there are a lot of people who hate Figment, but I love him. I just really love the message behind the ride, and the song is very catchy.

I was singing in my head just as I was reading this! :D

Figment lover here too!!! The only thing I don't like about that ride is that even when it isn't crowded...the line seems to move really slowly. I like the Land too, but you're right...not exactly a Tier 1 attraction...

I would really like to know what they were thinking when they made Living with the Land a tear 1 attraction. Most of the time you don't even need a Fastpass for it

I'm in the "no Figment" camp ... but it is a good place to camp out in the rain.
I'm really impressed that you kept going out there and getting things done despite the rainy weather!

It takes a lot more than a little rain to keep me from making the most of my Disney time!

I'm a big fan of Living with the Land and Soarin' so it sounds like a great time to me!

Glad you braved the rain!

I've actually never done Figment. We always seem to skip over it because we run out of time. But I'm really going to try to make it happen on our next trip!

Figment is very cute. I think it is a must do, at least once. Hopefully you get a chance to see it

I really need to take part in some tours! It sounds like you had a wonderful time!

We love Casey's!!!

I could stand there for hours just watching all the fish/sharks/rays/the sea turtle!

I was singing in my head just as I was reading this! :D

The tour was a lot of fun! I love watching to tanks at the Seas, I could spend so much time in there. The Figment song gets stuck in my head all the time.

I am so glad I found your trip report. I just booked my first solo trip. Mine will be much shorter though. You helped me to decide to do the Marceline to Magic kingdom tour . Did the Keys to the Kindgom last May and it was great but since this was a shorter trip wanted a shorter tour plus I am always looking for something new and different to do each trip . Thank you !

I am so glad I found your trip report. I just booked my first solo trip. Mine will be much shorter though. You helped me to decide to do the Marceline to Magic kingdom tour . Did the Keys to the Kindgom last May and it was great but since this was a shorter trip wanted a shorter tour plus I am always looking for something new and different to do each trip . Thank you !
Yay! I'm so excited for your trip, I'm sure you will have a blast! I'm glad my TR helped you plan your trip! Thanks for reading

When I last left off, I was just leaving Figment. I had a FP+ for Spaceship Earth coming up. I didn’t want to go too far away because my feet were really bothering me and wanted to minimize the walking. I forgot to mention it earlier, but I woke this morning and my feet were super sore. I think it might have been because the night before I was walking weirdly in attempt to avoid my blister.

It started raining again so I wandered around Innovations for a little while then shopped around Mouse Gears a little while.

It stopped raining and it was finally time for my 2:15 fastpass. Of course I had to stop to take a few pictures on the way.

upload_2015-11-20_20-21-30.png

upload_2015-11-20_20-21-43.png

And then it was time to go on a journey through the past. I don’t usually take pictures on this ride, but it stalled in front of the egyptians for a little while, so I took this not-great pic while I waited.

upload_2015-11-20_20-22-9.png

I love Spaceship Earth. It’s just so...Epcot. If that makes any sense?

I had another fastpass coming up, so I wanted to stick around Future World. But I had to stop and take this picture first.

upload_2015-11-20_20-22-35.png
I can’t help myself. I’m addicted.

They had been making periodic announcements that Test Track was closed due to weather. But it hadn’t rained in a while, so I decided to try it. They made another announcement that Test Track may close because of forcasted weather right as I walked up but it was still running. I decided to try it anyway, I figured if worse came to worse I could just get out of line. The standby wait was posted at 40 minutes but I wanted to try the single rider line. I literally walked on, went straight through the line and into a car. I was shocked that it was that quick.

upload_2015-11-20_20-22-57.png

It was a great ride as always. I love it! I decided that since I walked straight on that I should try it again and see if I could replicate it. But the CM at the line entrance stopped me and wouldn’t let me get in line because Test Track was officially closed do to impeding weather.

And sure enough it started to down pour! I ducked into MouseGears and wandered aimlessly for a little while since I had just been in there. I tried to figure out what I wanted to do. I was getting really hungry so I thought about going to Electric Umbrella since it was right there. But I really didn’t feel like anything they had there and decided to wait until after my FP to eat in World Showcase. I ultimately decided that I should just find a place to sit. I still had 20 minutes until my fasptass for Mission: Space and my feet were killing me. I was lucky enough to find an empty chair inside Innovations. It was so nice to get off my feet, I just used that time to check Instagram and play some Disney trivia on my phone.

Finally my fastpass window was open. It was still pouring, but luckily I didn’t have far to go. I pulled on my poncho and made a dash for my very first ride on Mission: Space.

upload_2015-11-20_20-23-22.png
(picture was taken earlier when it wasn’t pouring)

Since I didn’t know what to expect, I decided to go with the green side at first, just to be safe. I didn’t have to wait very long and was soon boarding my spaceship. I was with 2 foreign ladies (and an empty seat) who I don’t think spoke any english. They didn’t follow any of the commands to push their buttons or anything, so I don’t think it was as fun as it could have been if people were in character.
The verdict? The green side was super tame, almost boring. I’ll have to try the orange side next time to get the full experience.

I totally agree about Spaceship Earth being so Epcot - there are other things that I like at Epcot, but nothing else feels like it represents the park quite as much.

Great timing on Test Track. It sucks that they have to shut it down for weather sometimes, but it's awesome that you got on right before it went down.

I've never done Mission:Space, so I don't know if orange is any better than green, but ... I think trying orange next time is a good plan. Maybe you'll ride with awesome people and really enjoy!

I totally agree about Spaceship Earth being so Epcot - there are other things that I like at Epcot, but nothing else feels like it represents the park quite as much.

Great timing on Test Track. It sucks that they have to shut it down for weather sometimes, but it's awesome that you got on right before it went down.

I've never done Mission:Space, so I don't know if orange is any better than green, but ... I think trying orange next time is a good plan. Maybe you'll ride with awesome people and really enjoy!

I'm glad someone understood what I meant when I used "so Epcot" as an adjective, haha. Spaceship Earth really just summarizes everything the Epcot is about. It's too bad that they have to shut down Test Track when it rains, I think it would be a really fun ride to be on in the rain.

I've never gone on MS either...mostly because I worried I will feel sick. But if that side really is tame maybe I could handle it lol. I love SE too...so Epcot you are right!!

I've never gone on MS either...mostly because I worried I will feel sick. But if that side really is tame maybe I could handle it lol. I love SE too...so Epcot you are right!!

I don't think the green side of Mission Space had any more motion than Soarin does. I'm so glad people understand the use of Epcot as an adjective, most people look at me like I'm crazy when I say that :laughing:

When I got out of Mission Space the sun was out and there was no sign of rain. I was really tired and my feet were killing me, so I decided I should head back to the hotel for a break. But, I was hungry and decided to eat first since there are so many amazing options in Epcot. I was really tempted to eat at the Electric Umbrella instead of walking anywhere, but there were too many things I wanted to try to settle for chicken tenders. I decided to head to Mexico since it was closest and get something that was on my Flower & Garden food booth list. I was really confused when I got to the Mexican booth and couldn’t find the item I wanted. And then I realized that I was thinking of was the Puerto Rican booth and it was not located in Mexico. I had to reevaluate my decision and since I don’t like Mexican food there weren’t any options for me in Mexico. But, since I was there I just had to explore the pavilion.

upload_2015-12-7_20-48-31.png

I looked in a few shops and then went on the Grand Fiesta Tour with very little wait.

upload_2015-12-7_20-48-54.png

upload_2015-12-7_20-49-6.png
Very cute as always.

Once I got off the ride I was starving and needed food NOW. So it was on to China since that was the closest place to find food I liked.

I was really confused why the entrance area was so packed until I got closer to the doors and saw that it was pouring. Again. So I pulled out my poncho once again and ventured into the rain.

By the time I got to China it was sprinkling. I decided on Lotus Blossom Cafe. Why? Because it was close. And I like Chinese food.

upload_2015-12-7_20-49-29.png

I ordered my food, almost slipped on the wet floor while carrying my tray, and managed to find a table in the insanely busy restaurant.
upload_2015-12-7_20-49-51.png
Ok, maybe busy isn’t the right word.

I got the shrimp fried rice and egg roll.

upload_2015-12-7_20-50-16.png

Not great. The rice was pretty dry and flavorless. But the egg roll was pretty good. I probably wouldn’t get it again. I don’t think I even finished the rice despite how hungry I was.

After I ate I was ready to head out of the park, but decided to take my time and enjoy the scenery on my way.

upload_2015-12-7_20-50-38.png

upload_2015-12-7_20-50-53.png

upload_2015-12-7_20-51-5.png

I spotted Duffy with only a few people in line, so of course I had to stop and say hello to such a cuddly friend, especially after watching his bedtime story the night before. It was my first time meeting him and I’m really glad I stopped since I heard he doesn’t meet anymore.

upload_2015-12-7_20-52-3.png
Duffy gives the best hugs!!

He spotted my birthday button and got really excited, bouncing up and down and clapping. He sang happy birthday to me and then got the photographer and character attendant to sing too. And then I got more bear hugs!

upload_2015-12-7_20-52-26.png

upload_2015-12-7_20-52-37.png

It was a super adorable meet and definitely put a huge smile on my face!!

After I said good bye to my new friend, I continued on my way out of the park. It was starting to sprinkle, but not enough to put my poncho on. I stopped for another photopass pic.

upload_2015-12-7_20-53-0.png

upload_2015-12-7_20-53-13.png

Even with rainy skies, Spaceship Earth is still a beauty and I couldn’t resist taking more pictures. I swear I can’t walk by it without taking a bunch of photos.

upload_2015-12-7_20-53-32.png

upload_2015-12-7_20-53-42.png

upload_2015-12-7_20-53-52.png

upload_2015-12-7_20-54-2.png

It was starting to rain a little harder but I saw a few photopass photographers set up underneath the the overhang of the the not-turnstiles so I stopped for a pic. The photographer seemed really annoyed that I asked him to take my picture. He snapped a few not great pics and basically shooed me away.

upload_2015-12-7_20-54-24.png
This was the only decent pic

After the pictures I finally sucked it up and pulled my poncho back on. Good thing I did because I soon as I got out of the park the skies opened up and it started to pour buckets. And of course Art of Animation was the furthest bus stop. I did manage to make it without getting swept away by the current though. I waited about 10 minutes and was on a bus by 5:30.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter