Wispering Canyon for Lunch - do I really need ADR?

Discussion in 'Disney Dining Reservations' started by jenniag, Feb 11, 2013.

1. jenniag

jenniag Earning My Ears

Hi everyone -

My husband & I are taking our kids to Disney for the first time (ages 5 & 9). I have not been to Disney since 1992 so a lot has changed! The most surprising so far is having to make ADRs. I really hate to be tied down to a certain plan especially with little ones. :) ( My parents and I were just talking the other day about our last trip there and how we just walked into all the restaurants in Epcot (Mexico, Morroco, Canada, etc)

We are planning at least one day for MK and I think it is best to come back to our hotel - the WL for a mid-day break. I tried to get reservations for Be our Guest for that day - anytime..lunch or dinner since we'll be in the park and the kids love Belle without luck.

My question is - do I really need an ADR for Wispering Canyon for lunch in May (Friday)? I'd like to head back there for our break but if it seems noone really wants to do a sit down lunch then I don't want to be tied down to the ADR. What are the chances of getting in w/out them?

2. Avatar

Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide this advert.
  3. wide receiver

wide receiver Mouseketeer

I don't think you need ADR for Whispering Canyon for lunch as long as you go on the early side or late side of lunchÂ…not right at 12-12:30. Although it is Friday so its a little more risky. Do you know that Be Our Guest is a counter service at lunch? Looks like upscale counter service. You order at counter or on your phone and the server brings out your food to table. The menu looks nicer than most counter service. No reservation needed for BOG at lunch!

4. jenniag

jenniag Earning My Ears

Thanks - yes, I did see that you can have lunch there but I just read that people are starting to line up at 9am for counter service?? I can't think of anything that good to miss theme park time!

5. jennylyn_b

jennylyn_b Disney Fan for Life :)

Yes some ppl do line up that early but you don't have to. I've read many ppl have gotten in line and had their food in half an hour on average. Plus only one member of the group has to be in line to place the order. Once they have they can text you to join them! That would mean they would need to know the order for everyone though.

6. owl0306

owl0306 Mouseketeer

the line is not that bad. I got in line about 10 to 1 and was inside in 20 minutes

7. hhuck

hhuck Earning My Ears

That is great to hear! Can you tell us when you were there? What type of crowd level? We are going on the 23rd and couldnt get BOG reservations, but definitely want to go for lunch... prefer not to wait too long of course though :)