Wishtrip October 8-15 All in one thread

legalslave said:
Don't fret about the price of your SAS sandals. I have had mine for 5 years, and they're still good as new, except I had to have the elastic on the buckles replaced this year ($4.00)! Love, love, love them. The trouble is, now no other brand of shoes will do for me, and I can't get them where I live (and you can't get them online). Fortunately, my son lives in Norfolk, and they have a SAS store in VA Beach. I get mine while I'm visiting him when I need replacements (mostly just for the walking shoes, though).

Thanks for the encouragement. I had meant to mention in my trip reports about the sandals. Somewhere around Wednesday DH started saying that his feet felt like they had been chopped off and reattached........mine were mildly sore, but they are every day (now that I'm an "old" 37!) lately at WDW or not. It doesn't help that I broke a bone in my right foot when Toothless was about 5 mos old, and it took forever to heal as I could not stay off of it.
Anyhow, the shoe purchase was definitely worth the $115 I paid, and, now that I know, I would do it again if I needed to! Just sad now that it's cold here and I cannot wear my sandals!

More trip report when I can, and I re-sized some pics for the rest of the trip report too :)

Love it - and sure want to know what shoes those were!

So, we left Blizzard Beach, got back to the hotel, went to the room and both girls took naps! Yippee! I figured this would be great as they would both be up and ready to go to MNSSHP. While the girls slept DH and I took care of some packing and getting things together, as Friday would be our last full day. Should have napped. Well, DH should have anyhow! We’ll get to that later.

So, it’s getting close to time to leave for our 350 ADR, which we won’t make until after 4 since we’re using our party tickets for entrance to the park and we can’t get in until 4.……….no big deal. However, the girls are STILL sleeping. How can this be? Toothless, especially, never naps, and certainly not for this long! So, I start to wake the girls up so we can get ready and walk over to MK. No one is too happy about waking up, but we manage, and the girls get excited for the party.

Toothless is wearing her “pink lady/50’s girl” costume from her dance recital in June.
100_2187.JPG

Wishgirl will be Lilo, but is wearing a Mickey Tshirt and shorts under her costume in case she’s uncomfortable or hot. DH is wearing a Grumpy Tshirt, fitting as the night wore on. And I was supposed to wear a Minnie Tshrit, but I hated it on me, so I wore my newly purchased Tinkerbelle shirt J.

We’re ready to go, so we head downstairs, we wanted to do something on the 4th floor first, and then noticed that it was still raining! Oh no, our first real rain of our trip and it was threatening to ruin our Halloween party! We decide that we have plenty of time, and will be too early if we walk to MK so we decide to save our energy and take the monorail to MK. We arrived at MK just as the rain was stopping, so by the time we got to the security check we didn’t even need our ponchos! We waited just a couple of minutes until they started letting party-goers in and we got our wristbands, but no goody bags--noone was getting them so I didn’t think it was odd at the time. We got our free stroller for Toothless, who quickly hopped in and we hightailed it to Crystal Palace for our ADR. We waited just a few minutes and were shown to our table. This was some of the best (buffet) food and character interaction we had this trip.
100_2192.JPG

100_2195.JPG

I mostly enjoyed a variety of desserts after I had an obligatory piece of chicken or some other protein item! Toothless and DH thoroughly enjoyed their food too (In case I hadn’t mentioned, Wishgirl does not “eat” orally, she has a feeding tube so if I neglect to mention her around mealtimes, that’s why, it’s also the reason for so many character meals, so she can enjoy mealtimes too….not that she enjoyed breakfast with the princesses much…………….)

So, we finish up our meal, I take Wishgirl to the bathroom and get her costume on over her clothes. We leave Crystal Palace, retrieve our stroller, and start heading to Frontierland, and we, rather I, note that Cinderellabration is about to start! You may remember that DH has already seen this show, while he and Popa saved spots for all of us on Tuesday…..but the girls and I were stuck waiting in line for Ariel in her grotto. So, needless to say, DH is less than thrilled to have to see this again. The girls and I were mildly amused by the show, but it really was nothing I would tell anyone they HAD to see. More, it seemed an inconvenience to show it so many times a day as it closed the passage under the castle to Fantasyland.
100_2212.JPG

So, Cinderellabration over, the park is now officially closing to non-partygoers, and we head to Big Thunder Mountain. Toothless and I run to get in line, there is no line so we just walk on. They were checking wristbands and made a couple of people actually get off the ride who did not have bands on. Tootless loved this ride, I though it was ok. We got off and I sent DH on with toothless again.

While I’m waiting for them to come back , Wishgirl and I notice that people are walking around with goody bags…..hmmmmm….we didn’t get any. So I see a CM (official looking guy) walking past, and he says I was supposed to get it with my wristband, I tell him I came in just at 4, and noone was getting bags then. He talks on his walkie talkie, goes over to some other Cms….they chat, then he sends me to the candy stop nearby and tells the girl to give me bags. Though there are 4 of us I just ask for 3,and put one away for later, I don’t to carry around 3! Toothless is thrilled to get her goody bag when she and DH come back from Big Thunder. She hops in her stroller and we head over to get some candy. Then we go over to ride Aladdin, get more candy and go over to ride Buzz. This is were things went sour.

We park the stroller outside Buzz. The girls were wearing glow necklaces, and I had brought glow sticks to hang on the wheelchair and on the stroller, but DH insists the glowstick will get stolen off the stroller. So he hangs it through his belt loop and it hangs down the front of his shorts; he thinks this looks fun. HA HA.

So we ride Buzz, it was great! They let us go around a second time. wish girls got to stay in her wheelchair for this ride, the first time around I just shot with my gun and tried to help Wishgirl use hers….not fun, she does NOT like to be made to use her hands! So the 2nd time I used both guns to shoot with. I beat DH both times around, though he tried to say he beat me the 2nd time as my gun’s score was less than his, but I told him I used 2 guns and he had to count both!

Then it happened. We left Buzz, went to get the stroller and it wasn’t there. We looked around, maybe it got moved. Sure would have been easier to find with that glowstick tied onto it! It just wasn’t there, nowhere, Toothless is crying, real tears, she want’s a stroller, she’s tired, she want’s to sit down. WE NEED TO GET HER ANOTHER STROLLER NOW. What makes things worse, is that DH’s Coke and Tootless’ candy were also in the stroller. Losing his soda makes DH very unhappy, and losing her candy makes Toothless more unhappy. Toothless wants to know why someone, AT DISNEYWORLD would take HER stroller and especially her candy! We try but fail to find a good explanation.

Well, by now it’s about 730 pm, there’s a sea of people streaming up Main street…..NO WAY are we going to get another stroller now, even if we could get up there, there probably wouldn’t be any. Then we’d never make it back. I tell her it’s ok. We’ll carry her SOME, but she has to stop crying, AND, I tell her, we’ll get her a stroller tomorrow at Epcot.

I send her and DH to Space Mountain, and tell them to meet us for the parade in the Wheelchair viewing area we had noted on the way to Buzz. I had wanted to ride more rides and see the 2nd parade, but DH insisted it would be too late. ( by the time the fireworks ended it was almost time for the 2nd parade…..with what happened we’d have been better off!). So, Toothless falls in love with Space Mountain, and they get over to meet up with us just after the headless horseman went by. We use the 3rd candy bag for Toothless and I get her some candy in it before she comes back from Space Mountain, this makes her somewhat happier. We see the parade, which was quite fun but it seemed to go by so sssslllooooowwwwwlllllyyy. We head over to Fantasyland (wish we were there DURING that first parade) and it’s packed. DH says he thought I said it was supposed to not be that crowded for the party. I told him that it wasn’t and I didn’t know why it was so packed, didn’t want to say that we were supposed to be riding rides during the first parade and watch the 2nd parade…..he’s getting really cranky. We go on It’s a Small World.
100_2285.JPG

Toothless and I wait in line for Peter Pan, while DH and Wishgirl head over to the Carousel. Turns out it was later than I thought, and the line for Peter Pan was longer than I thought. So Toothless and I get out of line (makes her sad again) and go to find DH at the carousel, which, it turns out was a bad idea since it was closed for the fireworks show. I call DH on his cell to find him……it’s almost time for the fireworks to start! While I’m looking for him Toothless and I find a good spot for viewing the fireworks (from what we had to choose from, stuck in Fantasyland. DH is over next to Peter Pan. I go see him but tell him to come over to where we were, so he can see them better. He says he and Wishgirl can see them fine where they are (with the building for Peter Pan on one side of them).
100_2302.JPG
I say fine and leave him and Wishgirl, to go back to my spot. (now I had told him many times that the fireworks were different for Wishes and the Halloween party, later on he would say that the fireworks were over the castle “all the other nights” we saw them from the balcony….) Do Toothless and I enjoy being surrounded by the fireworks, I try videotaping, I haven’t watched it yet to see if it even came out at all. They were truly spectatular! I loved the show, and the music, WOW.

The fireworks are over, and everyone is ready to go, except for me! We go out the long way through the candy trail from Toontown to Futureworld. Toothless is sad about her stroller, and wants to be carried, DH is so mad, cranky, bothered by the crowds he won’t even talk to me (like it’s my fault so many people showed up that night, or that he HAD to see the first parade??). We walk back to the hotel, with Toothless riding on her sister’s chair too (there’s a pommel in between Wishgirl’s legs, so Toothless isn’t actually sitting ON her!)

100_2309.JPG

We all practically fall into bed!

Next, day 7, our last full day L, spent at Epcot

Day 7: Epcot, purple stroller, and Toothless gets her name

Cast:

Me, 30 something in charge of planning everything, last time at WDW was 1992, and the only thing I really remember was that my feet HURT.
DH, 30 something who wants to eat well and have fun, remembers every detail about our trip to WDW in 1992.
Wishgirl, DD10 who’s wish was granted to go to WDW (uses a wheelchair, well, we actually use it, she sits there like a princess!)
Toothless, DD6 who lost her top 2 front teeth on our last night at WDW

The Plan: Initially it was to go to Epcot for the morning, then head over to Animal Kingdom to finish up, do the Primevil Whirl that Toothless couldn’t go on, see Festival of the Lion King that I had REALLY wanted to see, then head over to Animal Kingdom Lodge, look around, and catch a bus to DTDisney. Whew, I’m tired just listing it all.
Before the day started DH and I decided not Animal Kingdom, we explained this to Toothless, as I had PROMISED her earlier in the week we would go back to AK, I HATE to promise something and then change my mind. We told her that we ALL were just too tired, it wasn’t worth it to go all the way over to AK for one ride and one show. (yeah, plus a few more minor things……the parade, which we didn’t mention to her) and that Wishgirl wasn’t very keen on doing any of it, and it really was her trip, and so on. She wasn’t happy at first but she got over it soon enough.

What we did:
So, we wake up, and drag ourselves out of bed. We are all exhausted! We move slowly this am, no hurry but to get to Epcot in time to get Fastpasses for Soarin and Test Track with return times before 3 pm. That is our ONLY goal for this day! We would like to finish up the World Showcase, we’ve done both sides, but have not done the back portion.

100_2312.JPG
100_2313.JPG

We arrive at Epcot around 10 am, I take Wishgirl with me to get FP’s for Soarin, while DH takes Toothless first to get her the promised stroller,
100_2353.JPG

and then to get FP’s for them to go on Test Track. Then we meet up over at Figment, and some other ride next to figment, neither was very memorable, in fact, when Toothless was writing in her Journal she wrote that her least favorite ride of the whole trip was Figment! (oh, then she added the Great Movie Ride). After that it was time to use our fast passes, so Wishgirl and I went to Soarin and Toothless and DH went to Test Track, the plan for me to call DH on his cell and find out where in the World he was when we were done, since we knew that Soarin would take longer. Soarin was great, as it was the first time. Toothless and DH enjoyed Test Track too. Though, now Toothless has proclaimed it “scary but lame”. Don’t know where she got that one!

As I’m walking into World showcase to meet up with DH (he’s in Japan he says) I go past the food and wine cart in Canada and GET MY CHEDDAR CHEESE SOUP! It really was fabulous, even though I had to drink most of it and not use the spoon, as it’s pretty hard to push a wheelchair and eat with a spoon, and there’s no time to sit and enjoy, DH is not a very patient person sometimes! We meet up in the back of the World Showcase. Toothless exclaims how she got to ride the boat over!

100_2342.JPG

Despite our desire to get a lot done today, we’re pretty slow movers, just trying to take it easy, see some countries, etc. We wander through Japan, China, Morocco, stopping at Kidcot stations so Toothless can finish her mask. While in Morocco, the CMs there were very entertaining to Wishgirl, playing a guitar-like instrument (I didn’t ask what it was called, should have) for her and singing. I didn’t get any pictures of it, as I pulled out my video camera to video it (forgetting about the little button on the video camera that takes acceptable pictures for viewing on the computer). Wishgirl was in heaven, cute young men, singing and playing music for her. This may have been the high point of the trip for her! I did get one pic, but not when they were singing for her.
IMGA0204.JPG

DH gets a Kakigori (sp?) from Japan, while I get a funnel cake in America and we’re sitting on a bench enjoying our food (Toothless is sharing my very HOT funnel cake), when the Tour Bus goes by, I tell the girls to wave to the characters, then the bus stops! I didn’t know it would stop there, so I go into Marine-mode, not wanting to miss what was our last character experience, and tell DH to get the autograph books, and Toothless to “MOVE, MOVE, MOVE!” to get in line for autographs! DH and Wishgirl stayed behind, as she as dozing and not into “MOVE”ing right at the time. Toothless got pics with Timon, Goofy and Max and Daisy and Donald. She got them to sign both autograph books so Wishgirl would have their autographs too.

Whew, that was tiring, we joined DH and Wishgirl back on the bench, in the shade, and finished our snacks. We noticed how pretty it looked across the lake there so we took some pics, and a nice couple offered to take a picture of our whole family. They did a nice job too! (you can see DH’s beer sitting on the top of the garbage to the left of the pic, his mood was helped by drinking a bit around the world!)
100_2358.JPG

We finished up at Epcot on the early side and were done with enough time to go back to the hotel and swim before our dinner at DT Disney, House of Blues at 7 pm.

100_2388.JPG

We got back to the room, changed and got down to go swimming (most, Wishgirl and I stayed in the Spa, felt good on my old bones and her young ones too! She’s not used to being in her wheelchair for so long every day, usually she’s in different chairs, on the floor, using different muscles.

We went back to the room, changed (they were “fixing the hot water” in the hotel overnight, but here it was, 4 pm and still no hot water for showers.) and were heading down to the busstop. It’s now about 5 pm, 2 hrs til our dinner ressie, and Toothless says she’s hungry. I dig in the backpack and find a pacakage of Doritos, one of her favs. We open them in the elevator, and she’s munching away. We stop on the 4th floor for some pictures, she says I have to take pics of everything so she won’t miss it all so much. Then we head down to the 1st floor. As we’re walking out to the bus stop, right near the desk where you check in, Toothless says “OUCH!”, she bit into a dorito and her tooth became really wiggly! A CM sees me looking at her tooth, comes’ to check us out and then says he’ll be right back with something. He comes back with an envelope, the kind they put your room keys in when you arrive, with the pic of the castle on it, for her tooth! What a nice guy. Anyhow, we’re sitting at the bustop, Toothless is playing with her wiggly tooth, I help her wiggle it. Finally I wiggle it hard enough for her that it comes out. She cries really loud, but gets over it as she has a tooth to put in the envelope.
100_2406.JPG

We’re wondering why it’s still bleeding though after a few minutes, and then note that the other tooth is about to fall out too. Toothless forbids me to touch this one. By the time we get on the bus she’s spinning the tooth around and around……….very gross. The busstop was pretty crowded, and many people saw what was going on, I’m hearing people on the bus say, “ I hear she lost the first tooth about 15 minutes ago and now this one’s going to come out”, and the like. There’s a mom and little boy next to us, and the mom is asking questions, I’m telling Toothless to stop playing with the tooth, the little boy keeps looking, saying it’s gross, then asks to see again. At least it made for an entertaining bus ride to DT Disney!

We shop some, get a few last minute gifts. Then we head to Pleasure Island for dinner. As we enter the Island DH sees a Bar cart and stops to get me a Long Island Iced Tea, the bartender asks if I want a Strawberry Iced Tea, I say sure. Wow was that good, and STRONG! Good thing I’m not pushing Wishgirl this time.
Toothless is still playing with the loose tooth. I had threatened her that she’d have to have it out by the time dinner came as I couldn’t eat and look at that tooth, so she sat next to me instead of across from me. Swearing that she could eat with the tooth that way I let her order and start to eat while the tooth was still there. However, she soon asked me if I would help get it out. Hooray! So we went to the ladies room, I got a paper towel, and by the time I grabbed it, it just fell into my hands. Finally, Toothless really WAS toothless.
100_2411.JPG

Toothless was sooo excited, she kept saying that she had wished and wished that she could lose her teeth at WDW! I got clips on the video portion of my camera to email to Mimi and Popa, who just loved it!

This night, after we got back to the room, the girls sat in the chair by the window, looking out at the castle and the lights one last time. Wishgirl was in a FABulous mood, one of her best of the trip.

100_2431.JPG

100_2434.JPG

She’s wearing a nightshirt that Toothless had seen earlier in the trip and made us search high and low for to get for her sister that day, with her own spending money, to say “thank you” for wishing for such a cool trip for all of us.

Tomorrow, Park Opening at Magic Kingdom, walking BACKWARD through the crowds to get“stringy things”, before 12 noon Magic Express to the airport.

I like the "how Toothless got her name" story. Very cute.
Sounds like you had a good time.
(From a veteran of Purple Wheelchair Tours with a princess who sits and is pushed)

She’s wearing a nightshirt that Toothless had seen earlier in the trip and made us search high and low for to get for her sister that day, with her own spending money, to say “thank you” for wishing for such a cool trip for all of us.

It makes you cry when your do something so sweet - I'm welling up just reading it! - and what a lovely picture.

Thanks for a lovely report :wave2:

Day 8, Running backwards through the crowds at MK opening, farewell to WDW

Cast:
Me, 30 something in charge of planning everything, last time at WDW was 1992, and the only thing I really remember was that my feet HURT.
DH, 30 something who wants to eat well and have fun, remembers every detail about our trip to WDW in 1992.
Wishgirl, DD10 who’s wish was granted to go to WDW (uses a wheelchair, well, we actually use it, she sits there like a princess!)
Toothless, DD6 who lost her top 2 front teeth on our last night at WDW

The Plan: Up early, MK opening ceremony, catch some favs before heading back to the hotel for Magical Express at 12:15pm.

What happened:

Well, our last day was upon us. We were up early, and got our call from Mickey and Stitch, which I recorded with the video feature of my camera so Toothless could hear it any time she likes!
Toothless discovered that the toothfairy comes to WDW too! and even listend to her note and let Toothless keep her "special" Disney teeth, and left money.

After some photo ops in the room,

100_2443.JPG

100_2445.JPG

100_2455.JPG

we actually managed to get dressed, ready to go, some pastries from downstairs and were at MK for the opening ceremony! I was so excited for this, getting there so early (without ADRs to head to) and getting into the park so I could go on Space Mountain with Toothless.

So, we arrive, pretty early, managed to get up near the right side of the entrance so we could get in and get to SM quickly, DH and Wishgirl were hanging back some since they were not into squishing in with the crowds. Wishgirl is a Stitch fan, so they were going there first, though I told DH that it was not the best attraction, Wishgirl would enjoy it.

The opening ceremony starts, and Toothless is somewhat interested. I’m telling her that as soon as the gates open, we are to head in, walking quickly so we can get to space mountain and ride AND get fast passes to ride a 2nd time before we have to leave. So, she’s all prepared to go when the gates open, until she sees “STRINGY THINGS” (the paper streamers they shoot at the very end of the opening ceremony). She turns around, and starts walking back the way we came! At this point, I am still unaware what is making her go that way, but she’s getting away from me as I yell to her and ask why she’s going backwards….then she says “stringy things!”, and I’m ready to murder her. She’s wasting precious Disney time on our last few hours to get some pieces of PAPER?!? Some people she walked by had less than pleasant comments, though I cannot recall anything specific now, I just know they were displeased at this kid, then her mom who were getting in their way from getting into the MK.

So, finally she gets some of the precious paper, and I stuff it in my bag, and we’re off again. By the time we got to the entrance of Tomorrowland, by the noodle place, that gate had not even been let down yet. So all was not lost by going backwards. We made it onto Space Mountain,

100_2472.JPG

her now favorite ride, in the 2nd car. Here is something she wrote about it in school, this came home 2 days ago, I was amazed at the detail she remembered, though I have no way to tell if she even remembered correctly! Here goes, I’ll fix some spelling to make it readable:
Spase Montin
I was on Spase Montin! I had to sit alone! I was not scard! I put on my sete belt. First we went thro blue lites. I went on with my mom. We toc a sharp turn. I said “WEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE” Wosh! Then it was darc with stars! We went down a HUWMOGIS BIG HILL! I scremed “AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!” Next we went throwbig red lites! Aftor that we went throw more stars and DOWN MORE BIG HILLS! Finale the ride was ovr I said “OOOWW, I want to go again!” Mom said “we will” There was a mooving flor to get outside! I wanted to go again so……..WE DID! THE END!

Anyhow, that was that ride (though she went again later with DH with the fast passes we got when we got off), we still had time before DH and Wishgirl were done with Stitch, so Toothless and I went on Astro Orbiter.

100_2477.JPG

We then caught up with DH and Wishgirl, headed over to do the Carousel (one of Wishgirls fav rides), then DH and Wishgirl went onto the Haunted Mansion, while Toothless and I did Goofy’s Barnstormer (2nd ride, not with Goofy, Toothless was sad about that part). Toothless declared the barstormer (should have done it before Space Mountain) boring, and too short, so we went on it again since there was no line. Met back up with DH and Wishgirl……can’t recall exactly what happened next, though I recall getting my first and only Mickey Bar with Wishgirl while the two of us waited for DH and Toothless watching Cinderellabration again (we found some shade a bit away from it, near the Mickey bar cart!). Maybe that was when DH and Toothless went on Space Mountain again.

As we were about ready to leave Toothless declares that there is a shirt she MUST have in one of the gift shops, she saw it the other day. Why she could not have gotten it when she saw it the first time is beyond me! So I ask her what else was in the store, etc, so I narrow it down to 2 stores, we find the shirt. It says “first trip to Disneyworld” or something like that. I look at it, and note that it only comes in sizes up to 4T. Wishgirl loses it, crying, wants it anyhow. She says her dolls can wear it but she must have it. (she did have her own money left). I try to help her find another shirt in her size, but no dice, she wants what she wants! So we get a 2T, and go to pay, when I note how large the 2T size is. I pick up the 4T (we’ve already paid), and hold it up to Toothless (size 6x/7), and lo and behold, it actually looks BIG for her!!! She’s happy again, we switch the 2T for the 4T and we’re off. DH is ready to have a heart attack we were in there so long. It’s 1140, still 35 mins til ME pickup, and only 10 mins from the hotel……..we walk back, get our luggage from the bell station, DH runs to the Mens room when Toothless loses it BIG TIME. She’s crying hysterically, she’s sad, she does not want to leave. Real tears streaming down her face. I still wanted to get pictures by the Mickey head bushes (now the bus has moved, and they’re behind the bus), when the ME folks spot us with the wheelchair and want to board us right away, EARLY! DH is still in the men’s room…….Toothless is hysterical, and I say “sure”. They’re loading Wishgirl on the bus, DH comes back, gets on with Wishgirl, I manage to get Toothless’ pic by the bushes, she managed to stop crying momentarily. And I even get a pic of her in front of the bus (would have been a good one with Wishgirl too…….darn their efficiency!). Once we board the bus the water works start again. Mean mommy took a picture too!
100_2503.JPG

I told her that the picture was for her to look back on and see how much she loved being there that she could cry so hard leaving! I guess I was glad for the tears so I could see that she really enjoyed the trip. Wishgirl is not very visibly emotional, and though I know she loved the trip, she didn’t react to leaving.

The trip to the airport was uneventful, and I wish I could say the airport was uneventful too, but………we got there, and went to have lunch in the food court. I was finished early and wanted to do some shopping. I had wanted to pick up a frame I had seen in our hotel gift shop before we left, but never got the chance, so Wishgirl and I went to Earport to see if they had it. On the way we found Snow White, sitting all alone, so I got some pics:
100_2506.JPG
Look at both sets of hands, I though this was cute!

Meanwhile, DH and Toothless finished lunch and headed off to find me, then I took the girls the the ladies room, and DH went off the the men’s room, we were to meet at the security area and go through together. We get there and I ask Toothless where her backpack is (inside it, among other things, are her STRINGY THINGS, along with her Thsirt and most of her smaller souveniers), if she left it in the ladies room. She says she didn’t have it in there. I see DH coming and yell for him to go back to the food court and find that backpack! I did NOT want Toothless crying again! Luckily, someone at the food court found it and sent it to a security booth near the checkpoint we were about to pass through! Hooray for some nice employee/passenger at MCO that day!

Everything else was uneventful, the flight home, we even got out of the parking garage (“short term”) after 8 days and it only cost $75 with the Handicapped parking permit with out any hassle. Drove home, on the way getting some McDonalds for quick sustenance, and arrived home. Toothless missed Home so much she got busy making a sign to put in the kitchen:

100_2518.JPG

Final thoughts:
My feet: Wow, amazing what really shopping and looking for the right shoes can do! Yes, my feet hurt some, but considering the amount of walking we did, not nearly as much as they might have! I was not complaining like DH that my feet felt like they had been sawed off and reattached!

Planning: All the planning was definitely worth it!! Just knowing we can go somewhere and be able to have a sit-down meal, wow! And the few we didn’t make, no big deal. We canceled those, no problem. Cindy’s castle: the meal was ok, interaction ok. It might have seemed better had Wishgirl been having a good day, but I imagine that a meal at Askerhaus might have been just as special (and, as I heard after we got back, from Toothless, who’s friend had just gotten back, “Ariel with FEET was there! We HAVE to go there NEXT TIME!”), with less hassle and hype. I bought into the hype, think I had to get the ADR there just because it was supposed to be so hard to get. I’ll try not to buy into it next time!

Ages: I think my kids ages were great for going. There were a few rides they definitely would have appreciated more when they were younger, but, overall, since we cannot afford to go often, I think waiting til this age was a good move.

Going with a group: I liked that we went with family, but that it was for only part of the time. Planning things that would appeal to everyone in a varied group was difficult.

Schedule: We were SOOOOOOOO tired when we got back. I would like to go again, maybe in a few years, and stay for 8 days, with 4 day passes. I think we could stay at the park all day (at a cooler time of year!) if we only did parks every other day. Then we could see the parades and firesworks we missed, and have the next day to recover, rest, and relax, and discover all the other stuff to do, rent boats, bicycles, see the boardwalk, explore other hotels. That would be fun!

Well, that’s all for now folks! Hope you enjoyed!

I loved your trip report. Your daughters are adorable. Thank you for writing; it sounds like you had a great time.

Loved the whole report and all the great pics! Toothless's description of Space Mountain was so cool...she's an excellent writer! Thanks for posting!

I loved everything about your report, the great writing, the great photos and seeing what a wonderful family you are. the picture of Wishgirl in her nightie near the end was so lovely to see, and I shed a tear for Toothless when i saw her pic :guilty:

You have made some wonderful memories together and I am honoured that I got to share them with you,

Much love and pixiedust,
Claire xx

What a lovely report! So glad you had a magical time :wizard:

Hi all, thanks for all the wonderful comments about my report. I was hesitant to write it, but loved reading many reports before, and even printed a few to take, during my trip that I thought I'd try to share. Here is a pic of the shoes I bought, they're made by SAS, can't find them online, except on ebay. Mine were like this except black and had no backstrap. VERY comfy, and worth the money, every cent, even if they're not the most stylish.
ETA: Turns out they don't even make these sandals anymore, I did snag another pair before our 2008 trip, and both pairs are still my favorite shoes ever! They don't look so much different years later than they did when I first got them. Will be wearing them on our next trip too!

I loved this trip report! The pictures made it special- especially Toothless with the tears! So cute! Thanks for writing! :thumbsup2

What a magical trip! You girls are beautiful! I always get soaked on Kali. Yuck.

Thanks for posting.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter