Wishing on a Starfish... following the shells!

Mrsdisneyb2b

Planning to go, before the little ones grow!
Shhhh... It's A surprise!

It's hard to believe it's been so long since my last Disney trip(4 years!).

We are hoping to get to Disney in February (when it's recommended safest for my 6 year old by the doctors), and since I've been there, ALOT has changed!!! I have no idea what these fast past reservations are about! AHH!

The kids are not going to have a clue that we are going. My husband is planning on waking them up as if they are going to school and that's it. Heading straight to Florida!

Can't wait to begin this journey!

I'll begin by telling you about us...

My husband and I originally planned on getting married in Disney. Since we wanted family to be a part of it, we decided on a Disneymoon :)

Shortly after we found out we were expecting and for our son's first birthday, Headed to Disney! This was back in 2010
The following year we headed back again for his Second birthday, and after that was when he began having some medical issues. Anyone who's been there knows how fast those bills start rolling in.

And so, we decided to wait.

And we waited...

And we had another little guy...

And we waited...

And we waited...

And then we decided enough was enough!
My Mom turned 60, and my dad is not in good health. So, I want to make sure that my kids have that magical experience with them. Grandparents are the most important thing to a child, what better memories than with their Papa and Gigi!

So, we started slowly saving last year and the kids got involved too!
Every time they get a card with money... they run to their Mickey Mouse bank and throw it in there.
And low and behold, we are half way there already!

So, our "Plan" is February 6-11th. We will be driving, since my son was advised against taking a plane. And I'm actually really excited about it!

Last edited:
Okay so here goes my beginning plans!

After plenty of wonderful medical bills started rolling in, I decided to check out the price diffence for Art Of Animation, and between that and Caribbean beach was close to 700 dollars! That's a lot. I mean, we will only be going back to sleep there, so as long as the room is clean, that's all we need.
Only thing I noticed is the little exclusion of the art of animation room on discounts or promotions. If they are offering free dining I rather go with the more expensive hotel then...

So here are some ideas that I am going to start working on for our trip:

Car game: Disney Dollar Game
I'll give them one disney dollar for every half hour they behave in the car ( they are awesome in the car so I know they will get them fast) and be able to trade in for one surprise every time they get two dollars.

Autograph Pillow Case: I'm going to screen print a Duffy bear for them on a pillow case ( both are huge Duffy lovers) and have the cast sign that! Great idea from a fellow Disney mom!

Pirate day: I'll surprise them one morning with a pirate costume and swords! Maybe even fake tattoos! Have to start searching.

So, I got the boys the new Tsum Tsum vinyl design your own!
I had a thirty off Kohls and free shipping so I got them for a great price.

That's what I'll use for their character signature! I figured then they will be able to keep them with them throughout their trip and they LOVE tsumtsums!

Im really excited now! I wanted something easy they could carry around, and now I feel really really excited about this!

Our plan: to wake the kids up,pretend they are going to school, and see how long until they realize we aren't going to school!

I am looking to see if I can get a Mickey Mouse sound bit that I can randomly put on the speaker to tell them they are going to Disney. I want to make it the most magical event ever for them and I am just so excited to start planning all these things!

Yesterday my little guy was given money from his grandpa. He RAN upstairs and put the money in his "Mickey Disney world piggy bank" so cute! He thinks we won't be going for another year, so the fact we are planning for February is going to be amazing, and so exciting.

I got their Mickey Mouse pajamas in the mail yesterday too. For Christmas we do : something you want, something you need, something to wear, something to read

I'll post those later! Getting so excited now!

So... We booked!
My dad gave us enough for half the trip that he's been secretly saving!

So, I've been busy.

I personalized the boys Mickey ears, that were my husband and i's from our honeymoon.

And...

I made a Chip and Dale voice recording for the day we are leaving!

I'm going to have my phone ring suddenly, and the message has them explaining that they won't be going to School, that instead they will be going somewhere else, to guess! Then they ask me to pull a secret bag out from under my seat that will have the Mickey ears!

I am so excited. I can't wait to make this the best trip ever!

When I figure out how to post these things, I will!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter