Wishes in Catsablanca: 7.22.13 Epcot Wedding PJ&TR! Updated 03/09/15

Loving your PJ!! You and your DF are SO adorable! I LOVE all your ideas, they are SO creative and unique! Looking forward to hearing the rest of your great plans! :earsboy:

Just caught up with your PJ. I love everything so far. Your dress is gorgeous & fits your theme very well. You did an amazing job with the Titanic outfits!

WOW. Your Titanic dress looks GORGEOUS. All of them are great! So impressed!

Welcome to the awful world of Bridal Shows. I hate going to them as I feel that the vendors are waayy too pushy. And some of the other brides are nasty. Eek!

Some of those dresses are gorgeous!

Your dress is ABSOLUTELY stunning! And it looks amazing on you. You made such an awesome choice! I love it! CONGRATS! pixiedust:

PS. the birdcage looks awesome!
Thank you so much! :hug: I'm so excited to have my dress! I have to completely agree with you on those bridal shows. I'm not sure how keen I am on them, but I'll probably have to go to at least one more. Maybe it will help to know what to expect, and maybe next time DF will actually come and save me from the vendors. :laughing:

Your dress looks gorgeous on you! It's so very pretty and feminine - I think you made a wonderful choice! :goodvibes
Thank you very much! :cloud9:

your dress looks absolutely gorgeous. Your titanic dress is pretty darn amazing. still following along sorry if I have not commented lately.

Teresa
Thank you! No need to apologize of course, I know how close it is to your own wedding!!!

I am finally caught up! :)

First off, you are such a creative person with the costumes you design and even with the bridesmaid giftbox. So different and I love it!

Your theme is going to be awesome and I hope you are putting Catsablanca somewhere in the wedding!! :rotfl2:

Your STD's are so cute! It's a perfect replica of you both, lol.

You engagement story was perfect, even with the missing "real" ring. DF was actually afraid that I would see it somehow when going through the metal detectors and all on our trip! Too funny!

Your dress is incredibly gorgeous. So romantic. I also have a Maggie Sottero dress. I love the style of them. Dress Sisters!

I cannot wait to see more of your planning. Keep me posted often! Subbing! :thumbsup2
Yay for Dress Sisters! She has so many beautiful dresses, that is for sure! Thank you so much for joining and your lovely comments! :hug: I really love doing the DIY stuff, it's the only thing keeping me sane while waiting for our day to roll around. :laughing:

Loving your PJ!! You and your DF are SO adorable! I LOVE all your ideas, they are SO creative and unique! Looking forward to hearing the rest of your great plans! :earsboy:
Thank you very much! :goodvibes

I just caught up! Your dress is stunning!
Thank you so much! :goodvibes

Just caught up with your PJ. I love everything so far. Your dress is gorgeous & fits your theme very well. You did an amazing job with the Titanic outfits!
Thank you reading and your lovely comments! :goodvibes

While I’m on the subject of Bridal attire, I might as well share the plan for the guys’ attire. So in keeping with Casablanca theme, we’ve decided to go with a look right out of the movie. Okay, I’ve decided and DF likes the idea so he’s going to do it. :goodvibes

humphrey-bogart-as-rick-in-Casablanca.jpg

Casablanca.jpg

Here’s an image I’ve snagged from a real wedding with a similar look and feel:

067_IMG_0087x600.jpg

(Here’s a link to the full wedding if anyone is curious: http://www.stylemepretty.com/gallery/gallery/3214)

And lastly here’s the look that I took from the men’s warehouse website a while ago:

groom-menswarehouse.jpg

According to my favourite men’s suit etiquette website (seriously :laughing:), “the white jacket variation of black tie began in the early 1930s as a way for well-heeled vacationers to dress formally in the tropical heat without having to endure the heavy and dark-colored fabrics that were standard for evening wear at the time.” So it is not only what I would like for DF to wear, I can also make a pretty good case for it being totally appropriate and acceptable. Not that I need that excuse, but it’s nice to have it nonetheless. :lmao:

When DF told his best man about it, apparently he was into the idea. DF said he was surprised because his friend isn’t the kind of guy to usually go in for that sort of thing. I just agreed solemnly, but it’s not like our wedding is going to be a costume party, it just has so unique aspects.

Now the only problem is that obviously DF and the best man aren’t going to go and buy these suits, because they likelihood of them (especially the best man) using it ever again is probably a lot slimmer than any other kind of suit. We live in Canada, and while it sure felt tropical here when it hit something like 45 °C (113 °F) with humidity last week, it’s not like that’s an everyday occurrence, and neither are formal dinner parties. Heh. ;)

So we do want to rent the suits. I think this is going to be a bit of learning experience, that I hope DF will take care of and that I won’t have to get too, too involved in. :rotfl2: Men’s warehouse does not exist in Canada for example. And I would love to make use of the service where they drop off/pick up the suits at a Disney resort, but did they discontinue that service? I guess it’s something I’ll probably need to research more and then get DF to care of once I know all the details. That seems to be how these things go. :goodvibes

I LOVE CASABLANCA!!! I love old movies in general. Audrey Hepburn is my idol so I am partial to her movies, but at 5am when I can't sleep I can always find a good old movie on TV. This past Saturday it was The Seven Year Itch.

Anyway, I digress...Your dress definitely has that 40's vintage feel to it. I love vintage clothing, I think that's why I ended up picking the dress I did; it reminds me of a 50's bride with the ballgown skirt.

Did you ever think about having your reception at DHS!?!? I think that they can set you up in something they call the "Prop Room" and (if I am not mistaken) in the actual Great Movie Ride. Your plans sound great, but I thought since you and DF are into old movies and DHS have that vintage feel to it...anyway, just a thought.

Can't wait to read more!!

Hi Nicole! :goodvibes
Just joining in, and I so throughly enjoyed reading your PJ!!! From your proposal to your ring to your theme to your dress to the white jacket tuxes, I absolutely adore every detail. Your wedding is going to be fabulous. The choice in groomsmen attire is outstanding; the white jacket is so classic and dashing, and in my opinion, not utilized enough. Thanks so much for chronicling your adventures in wedding planning, and I look forward to reading more of your plans!!

I found your PJ today and just wanted to drop a note to say how much I LOVE your save the dates!!! :thumbsup2 that looks like a lot of work your DF put into that and it was so worth it in my opinion! I can't get over how amazing it is! I absolutely love Casablanca and everything about it so I think it's awesome that you're wedding theme is Casablanca! I'd love to see my DF in a suit like Bogie's ;)

If you're looking at July 2013 it's not long until you can get your date right? :goodvibes

Liking the suits. Goes with your Casablanca theme perfectly.
Thank you! :goodvibes

I LOVE CASABLANCA!!! I love old movies in general. Audrey Hepburn is my idol so I am partial to her movies, but at 5am when I can't sleep I can always find a good old movie on TV. This past Saturday it was The Seven Year Itch.

Anyway, I digress...Your dress definitely has that 40's vintage feel to it. I love vintage clothing, I think that's why I ended up picking the dress I did; it reminds me of a 50's bride with the ballgown skirt.

Did you ever think about having your reception at DHS!?!? I think that they can set you up in something they call the "Prop Room" and (if I am not mistaken) in the actual Great Movie Ride. Your plans sound great, but I thought since you and DF are into old movies and DHS have that vintage feel to it...anyway, just a thought.

Can't wait to read more!!
Thank you! I love old movies and Audrey Hepburn is an idol of mine too! One of my absolutely all-time favourite movies is Sabrina (Audrey + Humphrey Bogart, I couldn't possibly ask for more!). We definitely did consider a lot of locations in DHS and I would actually love, love, love to have my wedding outside the Tower of Terror, I absolutely adore the whole feel of that area and it really feels to me like the kind of theme that we want to go for. We (my DF in particular) can't get over the restrictions on using the area though. Waiting until after park close for a reception in the summer would be way too hard.

Hi Nicole! :goodvibes
Just joining in, and I so throughly enjoyed reading your PJ!!! From your proposal to your ring to your theme to your dress to the white jacket tuxes, I absolutely adore every detail. Your wedding is going to be fabulous. The choice in groomsmen attire is outstanding; the white jacket is so classic and dashing, and in my opinion, not utilized enough. Thanks so much for chronicling your adventures in wedding planning, and I look forward to reading more of your plans!!
Thank you so much for your lovely comments. :lovestruc I'm so glad everyone can see my ideas tying together into theme I'm hoping to convey!

I love everything you are planning! Your dress is beautiful!
Thank you very much!

I found your PJ today and just wanted to drop a note to say how much I LOVE your save the dates!!! :thumbsup2 that looks like a lot of work your DF put into that and it was so worth it in my opinion! I can't get over how amazing it is! I absolutely love Casablanca and everything about it so I think it's awesome that you're wedding theme is Casablanca! I'd love to see my DF in a suit like Bogie's ;)

If you're looking at July 2013 it's not long until you can get your date right? :goodvibes
Thank you dropping by! I can't wait to see my DF looking like Bogie, :cloud9:, so excited to see everything come together too.

And yes we should be finding out about our date very soon! :cool1:

This past two weeks have been rough. I have been working desperately to get back on the DIS and update my PJ, because I have so many updates, but every time it seemed like I'd get a chance it disappeared and another day had passed. Finally, finally today has got to be the day that I make my update because today...

We are exactly ONE YEAR OUT! :banana::cool1::banana::cool1::banana:

It has also been exactly one year since my DF and I were engaged in Disney World. I think I'll be in a happy mood today. :lovestruc

I'd probably be happier if I knew I'd be finding out if I'd be getting my date and locations, but I suppose I can wait another day or so, if I must.... :rotfl:

So, now for some updates.

First, we have been making a lot of headway on our invitation construction. As I mentioned way back we are doing hard-bound books for our invitations which will be combining the typical invitation information as well as a lot of information that would typically go into a newsletter - like accommodations, transportation, etc. DF and I finalized all the illustrations, text and layout around the beginning of July and then had a test copy printed for editing. In the meantime we were complying our tools and supplies to actually build our books.

invite-construction4.jpg

Our huge pile of supplies, including some of our cover boards already but down to size.

invite-construction3.jpg

A sampling of the paper we are using for the actual covers. The black and gold is for the invitation we're making as a keepsake for ourselves, the green is for our parents and DF's grandmother, and the white is what were using for all of the other books. The green and white are the same design, except for the colour.

invite-construction7.jpg

DF cutting paper for the covers. This was the paper we were originally going to use, but after a lot of discussion we decided to use the nicer white pearlized design paper. Eventually I ended up cutting up most of the paper that we used for the actual covers.

We made around three or four test covers before we finally came up with the perfect configuration of cover paper size to cover board and spine placement. We had a book that we were using to sort of teach us this whole process, but even with the instructions we had to do a lot of trial and error to figure out what was going to work perfectly for us.

invite-construction1.jpg

A stack of finished covers wrapped in wax paper to protect them from any stray glue. DF made this whole stack!

invite-construction2.jpg

Here is what the book covers will look like once they're all unwrapped and ready for binding. The actual design on the paper is hard to see because it really only shows up when the light hits is just so. Once they're done I'll try and get a better photo of the effect.

As soon as we had our proof of our invitation printed, we brought it home, cut the sheets to size and did a test run on one of our trial-and-error test covers. It looks fantastic and I am so excited that everything is working out! But there was still a bit of room for improvement...

invite-construction8.jpg

And that's it for our invitation covers. Everything is ready to go, so as soon as we get our date and set up our room block we will be set to start printing and binding!

Second wedding update!

I got a couple of exciting items in the mail in the past couple weeks.

First, I don't know how many of you are on Disney Movie Rewards and saw this reward while it available... But anyway I have been saving up quite a long time so that I could order the Cinderella cake topper and cake cutting set! Finally that day came and I was able to get my cake set, and lucky too because I think it may have been the very last one left. It was removed as a reward from the site very soon after I ordered it.

cake-knife1.jpg

Cake knife and server with the castle and coach engraved in the handles.

cake-knife2.jpg

Cinderella and Prince Charming cake topper. We aren't actually going to use this as our cake topper, but it's absolutely gorgeous as a keepsake on its own!

That leads me to the second part of this update, the cake topper we ordered of Etsy finally arrived!

cake-topper1.jpg

It arrived in this cute little box.

cake-topper2.jpg

cake-topper3.jpg

It is so adorable, I am so happy with how they turned out. Now I just need to pull out the Casablanca champagne glass and start experimenting with how I want them to be arranged. I can't remember how heavy the glass is either, so I'm going to have to make sure that will work out too. I don't suppose anyone knows what the maximum cake topper weight can be?

cake-topper4.jpg

They also sent along these little "love rocks", which I'm not sure what we'll use for if anything, but they're cute too!

Last update. While all the Disney wedding stuff has been progressing along DF and I have also been looking for a location for our at-home reception. Originally I was planning on having a cocktail style reception in a nice location (maybe a historic house or something) with dancing and that's all. DF's parents however really wanted for us to have a sit-down dinner, especially because DF's grandmother will almost definitely not be attending the wedding in Disney. That was fine, but it changed the criteria for our location hunt a little bit.

Anyway, fast forward, DF called around 20 places and we narrowed it down to three, two of which we made appointments to visit last week. And of those two we narrowed it down to one. It's a beautiful hall, that comes with tables and chivari chairs, and we are basically allowed to do anything we want without much in the way of restrictions or extra fees. We'll be bringing our own caterer, bartender, DJ, linens, alcohol and probably our own cheap DIY centerpieces (but I've got plenty of time to worry about that).

StLawH-1.jpg

StLawH-2.jpg

Now the downside is that the contact at this hall is kind of... horrible. She said she would put our date on hold and then somehow managed to mess that up booked it to someone else. Now we have a different date on hold and she said she would send over the contract "ASAP". Well four days later and we've not gotten a contract back yet. But she said she can only hold the place for two weeks and on Monday we are going out of town for two weeks!! So... I have this huge fear that she is going to mess this all up and then somehow let someone else book the space before we have time to get back home and pay/sign the contract. And all this has be done by email, because we learned quickly while trying to book a site visit she is never in the office to answer the phone. (Also I cannot believe how fast this place is booking up our hold is on the last available Saturday of September 2013!)

It's so frustrating! :headache: I really want this space though. It's a reasonable price, especially considering it comes with the tables and chairs (so many places we talked to cost more to rent and have less than that) and it's so beautiful we won't need much decoration at all.

Ugh, just a first in what will probably be a long list of wedding frustrations.

* Your invites are amazing! I can't believe how much work you're putting into them, but they are totally worth it.
* The cake topper is so cute, I'm glad it arrived! And good job getting the cake serving set from DMR. I saw it there for awhile but I knew I would never have enough points to get it ;)
* Your at home reception space looks gorgeous. I really hope they get you that contract soon!

Congrats on the One Year mark! Time starts flying after you hit it! YAY!

Holy cow-- your invites are going to be epic! Great start!

Aww! I love the cake cutting set! I am a DMR member but always waste my points on silly thing like plushes, lol. What a great reward!

OMG.. your cake topper is ADORABLE. I'm in love!!

Wow, the venue for your AHR is beautiful! Great find! I hope communication with them gets better ASAP and that you get to have your AHR there! Hang in there and just be pesky with them!

Omg, Nicole!! Your invitations are out of this world fantastic!! I am so excited to see the finished product! It will be such a fabulous keepsake for your guests, and judging from the sample page you were correcting in the photo, really informative for their trip planning/time at WDW. I'm so impressed!! :)

The etsy cake topper is so cute!!! Love it! It will look fantastic on your cake. This may won't apply to you, but DCL limits cake toppers to 1 lb or less and diameter of 6 inches or less. So if DFTW exercises the same criteria with WDW brides, I would image your cake topper would be well within that.

The venue for your home reception is gorgeous!! That's awesome that they include such nice tables and chairs also! I'm sorry that the contact is so flakey; I know that can be uber frustrating. Hopefully you'll be able to book it for your date, and that she'll improve once everything is confirmed!:goodvibes

Your invitations are amazing! & your cake topper is sooo cute! I also love the Cinderella cake topper, good job on saving up your points for it lol

Ah! I love the invitations! Especially because you have so much Disney information in there, your guests are probably going to hold on to them for planning their own trips in the future, LOL. What a great idea you had.

Congratulations on making it one year without wanting to elope! :lmao:

The cake topper and cutting set are beautiful and I agree with keeping the first as a keepsake. It would be perfect for a Disney lover.

Your cats cake topper is exactly what I thought it would be. It fits what you wanted perfectly! So happy you were able to get that. I actually love the box that it came in too.

Sorry for all the headaches you are having to endure with this woman. Are you able to email her and ask about the contract again? Tell her that you are going away for 2 weeks and you want to make sure you don't lose that day. Be strong and adamant with it and make sure to fight to keep your date. To have your date taken twice is just too much. :sad2:

Fingers crossed for you! Keep the posts coming, okay?! :cheer2:

Really glad to see your updates. Particularly the invitations. They seem like they will be phenomenal!
Thank you! :goodvibes

* Your invites are amazing! I can't believe how much work you're putting into them, but they are totally worth it.
* The cake topper is so cute, I'm glad it arrived! And good job getting the cake serving set from DMR. I saw it there for awhile but I knew I would never have enough points to get it ;)
* Your at home reception space looks gorgeous. I really hope they get you that contract soon!
Thank you! I'm so happy that I managed to get that set from DMR, I had my eye on it for literally years, and was also saving points for about that long too. :rotfl:

Congrats on the One Year mark! Time starts flying after you hit it! YAY!

Holy cow-- your invites are going to be epic! Great start!

Aww! I love the cake cutting set! I am a DMR member but always waste my points on silly thing like plushes, lol. What a great reward!

OMG.. your cake topper is ADORABLE. I'm in love!!

Wow, the venue for your AHR is beautiful! Great find! I hope communication with them gets better ASAP and that you get to have your AHR there! Hang in there and just be pesky with them!
Thank you, thank you! :cloud9: I'm really happy with how the invites are going even though they are so much work, but it's worth it! And I love my cake "accessories", now I just need to find a style of cake that I actually like. :rotfl2:

Omg, Nicole!! Your invitations are out of this world fantastic!! I am so excited to see the finished product! It will be such a fabulous keepsake for your guests, and judging from the sample page you were correcting in the photo, really informative for their trip planning/time at WDW. I'm so impressed!! :)

The etsy cake topper is so cute!!! Love it! It will look fantastic on your cake. This may won't apply to you, but DCL limits cake toppers to 1 lb or less and diameter of 6 inches or less. So if DFTW exercises the same criteria with WDW brides, I would image your cake topper would be well within that.

The venue for your home reception is gorgeous!! That's awesome that they include such nice tables and chairs also! I'm sorry that the contact is so flakey; I know that can be uber frustrating. Hopefully you'll be able to book it for your date, and that she'll improve once everything is confirmed!:goodvibes
Thank you so much for your lovely comments! And thanks for the info about cake toppers. I'd been looking around for information like that, but hadn't had much luck. I still haven't worked out for sure if the cats (which are super, super light) and the champagne glass are lighter than 1lb, but I'm feeling that it probably is. :goodvibes

Your invitations are amazing! & your cake topper is sooo cute! I also love the Cinderella cake topper, good job on saving up your points for it lol
Thank you very much!

LOVE everything so far! Looking forward to more updates! :)
Thank you! :cutie:

Ah! I love the invitations! Especially because you have so much Disney information in there, your guests are probably going to hold on to them for planning their own trips in the future, LOL. What a great idea you had.

Congratulations on making it one year without wanting to elope! :lmao:

The cake topper and cutting set are beautiful and I agree with keeping the first as a keepsake. It would be perfect for a Disney lover.

Your cats cake topper is exactly what I thought it would be. It fits what you wanted perfectly! So happy you were able to get that. I actually love the box that it came in too.

Sorry for all the headaches you are having to endure with this woman. Are you able to email her and ask about the contract again? Tell her that you are going away for 2 weeks and you want to make sure you don't lose that day. Be strong and adamant with it and make sure to fight to keep your date. To have your date taken twice is just too much. :sad2:

Fingers crossed for you! Keep the posts coming, okay?! :cheer2:
Thank you for your amazing comments! When I saw the box that the cake topper came in I think I actually squealed with joy it was so cute, and I knew what was in them, so that too. They could have easily just put them in a plain box, but now I have such a cute little way to transport them around and store them until the wedding day.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!