Wishes in Catsablanca: 7.22.13 Epcot Wedding PJ&TR! Updated 03/09/15

The dress is beautiful....though I must concure with you about the flowers on the front. I'm trying to picture it without the crinoline, but personally, I like a little poof.

Too bad there wasn't a Black Friday sale happening for the shoes, that would have been awesome! Maybe you can keep an eye on them in case they do go on sale. Even after the wedding, they would be a great add to the wardrobe.....just saying. ::yes::
:goodvibes Thank you. I love the dress, it just needs a few personal tweaks to make it perfectly my own. I didn't really think the poof was that pronounced at the time, which is why it didn't really occur to me that there was a significant difference. But of course now that the suggestion of it being different is in my mind I need to see it both ways to compare. :upsidedow And yeah, I adore those shoes. I am definitely going to keep my eye for a price drop, I mean they'll have to stop making them eventually to make way for new designs, right? I can hope! :rotfl:

I love your dress. Absolutely adore it. I'm even going to go against popular opinion and say the flowers are 'okay'.
Thank you, thank you! The flowers are actually not that bad in photos. In person they look like really cheap fake flowers, unfortunately. I have to assume the designer kind of knew that a lot of people would want them removed too, because the beading continues uninterrupted under the flowers, and they are actually sewn very lightly on top of the dress. One was practically falling off as it was and it took a lot of restraint not to remove it. Haha! But I think I'll probably still try and use the flowers, possibly add it to the veil or make some kind of headpiece. They still have potential. :goodvibes

I'm just catching up a bit. Your bags look awesome they are so super cute I can see them getting used plenty after the wedding. I love love the shoe style you picked. I think your dress is beautiful but I understand your thing with poof I'm an anti poof girl myself but I think it looks great the way it is. You have to let us a see pics with or without crinny if you do it.

Gorgeous dress! My dress wasn't supposed to have a crinoline but I added one. It really added character to the dress, IMO. Honestly, I don't think you can go wrong though!!

So so pretty!

I'm just catching up a bit. Your bags look awesome they are so super cute I can see them getting used plenty after the wedding. I love love the shoe style you picked. I think your dress is beautiful but I understand your thing with poof I'm an anti poof girl myself but I think it looks great the way it is. You have to let us a see pics with or without crinny if you do it.
Thank you for your lovely comments! :cutie: I will definitely get photos of both options the next time I'm in. More opinions are always fantastic and getting different perspectives will be a great help before making my final decision!

Gorgeous dress! My dress wasn't supposed to have a crinoline but I added one. It really added character to the dress, IMO. Honestly, I don't think you can go wrong though!!

So so pretty!
Thank you! I'm still undecided on the crinoline. I really need to see them both one after the other I think. Even just comparing the image from my first appointment and the latest doesn't seem to help. :confused3

A couple weeks ago DF and I ordered our centerpieces for our at-home reception, and they arrived... last week? (I'm getting behind with the punctual updates.)

I'm aiming for a Moroccan lantern look... so we ordered some lanterns. We ordered 18, I think. (They're all sitting in boxes at DF's house at the moment.) They came in a lot of 9. So since we'll probably have about 12 tables all together, there will still be a few left over for the guestbook table, head table and whatever else I'm forgetting.

Lanterns:

IMG_7484.jpg

I'm slightly concerned about them seeming dwarfed in the center of a giant round table. So I'm still working on ideas to make them appear a little bigger without adding too much to the cost. Yesterday I saw a bag of 100 tealight candles for $6, so there will be plenty of light. I'm thinking of getting a bunch of cheap (hopefully) glass candle holders and putting tea lights around lanterns on some tables, and maybe putting a couple flowers in the holders on other tables.

Here's some inspiration, curtesy of pinterest:

Florals, but looks expensive

226587424973739932_OJbxpMZC_c.jpg

Various luminaries

212935888601392246_mhs1SZ10_c.jpg

Lanterns with smaller lights around

166140673722999431_pnq24TPr_c.jpg

On a tray?

143341200611690325_5MCA0uvH_c.jpg

Maybe some frames with table numbers:

91620173641133890_T2rVklHg_c.jpg

Or I'm also thinking old movie table numbers:

143341200611591125_8KwwzW68_c.jpg

And DF likes the idea of incorporating old books. It would probably fit in with our invitation theme.

We had a menu tasting on the weekend for our at-home reception. There's a little drama happening between our venue and our caterer, which they're trying to take care of without getting us involved too much. I'm just going to assume that whole thing will be taken care of without me getting too stressed out. It was also the first meal that involved both DF's parents and mine. It went pretty well. No awkward or uncomfortable moments that I can recall or noticed.

I have others things to update, which I will get to soon, I hope. We ordered our wedding bands, and they're currently being held in customs. Hope they'll be here soon!! And Monsieur Paul/Bistro de Paris opened last night. I haven't seen too much yet, but so far my worries are alleviated. :goodvibes It looks very pretty - warm yellow/beige walls and rich dark purple furnishings. I'm sure once more photos start popping up on the internet I'll have more to say, haha!

And tonight I'm going to a Christmas party - slash - surprise flash wedding! Yay for 12/12/12.

ETA: Apparently by the time I had posted this our wedding bands had already been delivered and signed for at DF's house. Yay! But now I have to wait until Friday to see them. Boo.

I have seen a couple of those on Pinterest as well, and I always seem to stare at the one with all the tealights surrounding the lanterns. It's just so lovely.

I hadn't seen the one with the books though, I like that one as well.

Your dress is gorgeous!! I agree about the flowers, but I think it will look amazing. And congrats on losing the weight! I'm in a bit of a rut when it comes to that myself...

I wouldn't freak out about the name change to Bistro de Paris, though I do kinda think that Monseiur Paul is a silly sounding name. I think it just re-opened so maybe there's some pics and stuff available now?

The lanterns are lovely. I really like the idea of incorporating old books too. I can't remember if you looked at/commented on my PJ back in the day, but we got book boxes from Michael's to use as the "base" for our centerpieces. Maybe something like that to give the lanterns a little more height and area?

Hey everyone. A belated Happy Holidays and Happy New Year! Also, I'm finally getting married this year!

party:

I have fallen way behind on my updates: Christmas was pretty hectic, and then I got sick (this seems to happen to me a lot immediately following Christmas, ugh!), and then DF and I started it was time to start looking for a place to live together and that's been a major priority for the past little while. We saw a place last night that DF and I both really like and we've applied to rent it. Frankly, it feels a little early in the whole timeline between now and July to move out, but it's a good place in a good location so it's worth it to try.

I've not heard any more news about the possible Morocco construction, but I've decided I'm going to try and let that go for now, at least until some more concrete news becomes available.

We got our wedding bands and I am totally psyched. This is pretty nerdy, so be forewarned.

rings-sm2_zps4e0e5185.jpg

We ordered the rings from Jens Hansen in New Zealand, which is the same jeweller that made all of the rings for the Lord of the Rings movies (the many "One Ring"s and a few others). And to go just a little bit further we both wrote messages to be engraved on each other's rings, translated into Elvish. Oh yes. The inside of both are engraved with our wedding date. They're silver bands (so they're not totally 100% One Ring replicas), because I have a gold allergy. And we saved a bit of money by going with the silver, so that's not too shabby. ;)

rings-sm1_zpsdb08c86d.jpg

DF's ring is a little too big, so it's going to be a little tricky to have it resized with the engravings. And mine fits perfectly so that means in the July heat it probably won't go on my finger. Do you think DFTW can have a bucket of ice and make it surreptitiously appear just in time for a quick hand freeze before the ring exchange. :confused3 :lmao:

In other news we picked up some small decorative frames and votive holders for our table numbers and at-home centerpieces.

And that is about all for now. :goodvibes

Hello
I have been following your post on your Disney world wedding. And must say we feel in love with your ideas

Really love the invitation booklet you made. As we already planed on doing something like this. As most everyone we will have at ours-have never been to Disney most are coming from Australia. And it's allot of info for people who have never been.

I was wondering if you would be willing to share the info and text you wrote in your booklets. We have seen the pics u have posted. However u cant read all the text.

This would be of tremendous help for us. And would greatly appreciate any help you can give

Thanks

Mike

Hello
I have been following your post on your Disney world wedding. And must say we feel in love with your ideas

Really love the invitation booklet you made. As we already planed on doing something like this. As most everyone we will have at ours-have never been to Disney most are coming from Australia. And it's allot of info for people who have never been.

I was wondering if you would be willing to share the info and text you wrote in your booklets. We have seen the pics u have posted. However u cant read all the text.

This would be of tremendous help for us. And would greatly appreciate any help you can give

Thanks

Mike

Anyone?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts