Wishes Fireworks & Dining

aseyrick

DIS Veteran
Hi all!

Since there are no Fireworks Dessert Party ADR's for the night we're going to the MK, is it possible for us to get an ADR just for dessert somewhere else and watch the fireworks or do you have to order an entree?

If so, can someone please suggest the best spot for viewing & dessert'ing?

TIA!

We did the pirates voyage from the contemporary resort and loved it. Dessert was included with the price and was a major highlight of our trip!

But you can always get a reservation somewhere and just have dessert :) the plaza and cp have pretty good views

The Crystal Palace wouldn't work because it is a buffet...you would have to pay full buffet price even for dessert.
It is possible to get ice cream and snag a table outside at the end of Main St, but you would need to do so early. My parents usually grab our table at least an hour before the parade.

We did the pirates voyage from the contemporary resort and loved it. Dessert was included with the price and was a major highlight of our trip!

I thought about this too. Question - it's my understanding that the cruise doesn't have a restroom. What happens if our DS(5) really needs to go, even if he just went to the restroom right before sailing?

The Crystal Palace wouldn't work because it is a buffet...you would have to pay full buffet price even for dessert.
It is possible to get ice cream and snag a table outside at the end of Main St, but you would need to do so early. My parents usually grab our table at least an hour before the parade.

Good idea!

Lastly, I was thinking about getting an ADR at Narcoosee's or somewhere we can actually see the fireworks and just have desssert/coffee. Is that ok? Would they be upset if we just ordered dessert/coffee/after-dinner drinks?

aseyrick said:
I thought about this too. Question - it's my understanding that the cruise doesn't have a restroom. What happens if our DS(5) really needs to go, even if he just went to the restroom right before sailing? He would have to wait or you will need a change of clothes. I took my 5 year old and had no issues. She went before the cruise and you are not on the boat so long that you should have issues unless of course there are medical problems.

Good idea!

Lastly, I was thinking about getting an ADR at Narcoosee's or somewhere we can actually see the fireworks and just have desssert/coffee. Is that ok? Would they be upset if we just ordered dessert/coffee/after-dinner drinks?
Its OK to do. I watched them from poly beach when I stayed there.

I guess you could call what we did last fall the cheapskate DIY Wishes dessert party - we bought treats at the Main Street bakery on the way out of the MK, took the ferry to the TTC, and ate dessert while watching wishes from the TTC dock (great view and music is piped in).

They boat portion is only about 45 minutes--the rest is inside a ballroom with dessert and the characters. There are restrooms. Your son would love it--we did!

I guess you could call what we did last fall the cheapskate DIY Wishes dessert party - we bought treats at the Main Street bakery on the way out of the MK, took the ferry to the TTC, and ate dessert while watching wishes from the TTC dock (great view and music is piped in).

Cool idea! Can you see everything from TTC??? I'm trying to figure out a great spot to watch Wishes too!

None of the table service restaurants will guarantee you a table is a view in time for fireworks. Some like Narcoossee's and California Grill expect their guests to get up and watch fireworks (I don't know about the Plaza, CP), but it still means you can't watch from your table. (At Narcoossee's, even if you have a table with a view, it's more than likely the folks on the veranda will block your view.)

The best view is still probably Main Street (because you can see the effects on the castle), but if you really want to try a different view, I like the GF dock (same view as Narcossee's) and the Poly beach. They also pipe in the music to both of these places. (I haven't tried the TTC.) I would get the desserts from wherever you like and then take the boat over the resort and watch the fireworks from there.

This is the view from the Poly beach:
DSC_0908_1_zps9c6e967f.jpg

This is the view from the GF Dock/Narcoossee's:
DSC_0374_1.jpg

Thanks Figment! It's our 1st time so we will probably just join the crowd & find a spot on Main Street!

Great ideas, everyone. Thank you very much!! I think we may give the pirate & pal cruise a try since it's only 45 minutes without the loo. :)

After leaving HDDR one evening, we were able to see the fireworks and the water pageant from the beach/boat dock at Fort Wilderness.

Crystal Palace would be a no-go since it's a buffet. I mean, I guess you could do it, but it would be pretty expensive and wouldn't have nearly the number of desserts that they would have at the dessert party.

I love Narcoossees and it has one of the best views of Wishes, you could make an ADR around 15 minutes before Wishes and them just order the Almond Crusted Cheesecake it is really amazing!!!

Are you going in May? The May ADRs for Wishes haven't opened up yet. I think they'll be open in the 1st week of April.

and the Disney rep I spoke with on the phone told me they haven't even opened April ADRs for Fireworks Dessert Party. I would call back everyday (depending on how badly you want the ADR). It has to be getting close when they have an ADR available.

When are you going? ADRs for the dessert party haven't been opening until 1 month before (we're going in April and couldn't reserve until March).

and the Disney rep I spoke with on the phone told me they haven't even opened April ADRs for Fireworks Dessert Party. I would call back everyday (depending on how badly you want the ADR). It has to be getting close when they have an ADR available.

April has been open for about a month. You can check the Wishes Dessert thread for updates. We're going in April, but CMs seem to give inaccurate info about this event often.

Cool idea! Can you see everything from TTC??? I'm trying to figure out a great spot to watch Wishes too!

I'm late in seeing this, but I think these were the blog posts that inspired me to watch from TTC:
http://blog.touringplans.com/2011/09/16/best-magic-kingdom-fireworks-viewing-locations/
http://www.disneyphotographyblog.com/disney-world-fireworks-off-the-beaten-path/

Another perk is that if you've driven to MK you will be back in your car after Wishes before the hordes even make it to the MK turnstiles. It was also a good place for a kid's first fireworks experience because the explosions are less loud/frightening.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter