Wishes dessert party

DISWolves

Dreams really can come true !!!!
We went to Wishes Dessert Party last night.............SUPER! :worship::worship:
The variety and selection was amazing and was replenished on a regular basis.
The queue to check in started forming at around 20:20 and the actual checking in started in line at 20:30. All of your party is given a plain coloured wrist band and also a ticket with a 'section' letter (ours was A) At 21:00 precisely we were allowed in, and you are shown to your section. Your table is reserved with a name card welcoming your family, and from there on it is help yourself. Each type of dessert is labelled and also a good selection of soft drinks and tea / coffee.
The bonus for me was the relaxed comfortable view for the Spectromagic and Wishes as you may be aware from the lower level of the Noodle terrace. Most people remained seated during Wishes, but some stood against the wall overlooking the water. This did not block the view at all. Tinkerbell flies directly over the top of you!. We left the area around 21:45 and was under no pressure to do so. The amount of desserts still left was amazing. I took lots of piccys - both food and Wishes, so hope to upload later. It was EMH last night, so back to hotel at 02:45 after 21 hour day. I am writing this is bed! and just realise that in 4 hours time we will be at Wayne's DIS meet at the Poly :thumbsup2

Thanks for your report on the desert party. I heard about this on the podcast and it sound very good!! There is also a blog on the site about it with some photos.

I just hope that they do it again next year when we return to WDW. It sounds as though it has been a success this year so keeping my fingers crossed that they repeat it.

Enjoy the rest of your holiday
Ann

oh good, i cant wait for ours now.

We had an epcot one for our wedding and that was fantastic so i'm glad this will just be as good

I really hope they extend this for our next trip. Have fun at the meet :)

We really wanted to do this, but we go in October and when we rang last week to finalize some of our ADRs we were told the calendar only went up until 28th August - and that meant no decision had yet been made about whether it would be continued or not.
We will remain hopeful though. :)

Ooh subbing to the other thread... I really want to get this booked for October but hoping someone else will confirm it's definitely possible before I phone ;)

Here are a few photos...more to follow

DSC06138-1.jpg

DSC06021.jpg

DSC06022.jpg

DSC06023.jpg

DSC06024.jpg

DSC06025.jpg

DSC06036.jpg

DSC06037.jpg

DSC06038.jpg

i really hope some one updates tomorrow that its been extended i would pay just to watch the fire works well and those chocolate covered strawberries

Here are a few more photo's...

DSC06052.jpg

DSC06034.jpg

The view of the castle from our table

DSC06046.jpg

DSC06122.jpg

DSC06074.jpg

DSC06136.jpg

This was the 'left overs' as we were leaving!

Any keen photographers visiting in the future.....plenty of room to use a tripod
These were all taken, hand held on a small compact camera.

Could someone let me know how much this costs please? and is it worth the money??

Cheers

Those choc strawberries look lovely. Does the roof obstruct the view of the fireworks?

I think that the row seated at the back would be partially obstructed when seated, another thing to consider is that you are at angle to the castle, so most of the fireworks appear to the right of it. There is more than enough room to stand in the open for a totally unobstructed view.:thumbsup2

now I have to ask this as I'm pregnant and sweet things are my friend at the moment! Can you visit the desserts more than once?? so can i get seconds??

My husband will be pleased he can use his tripod, he hates putting it up in mainstreet incase anyone knocks the camera over

i think we paid around $18.95 plus tax or it was around this figure, it was under $40 for both of us

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter