Wishes Dessert Party Tonight - Help Please

tinkerbell1991

DIS Veteran
Hi all,

I'm currently at WDW and was wondering if someone could help me please :earsboy:

I'm booked in for the dessert party tonight and on the reservation, it says 9pm. What time would you start queueing from considering it's July and pretty busy?

Any help is much appreciated, thanks :cutie:

I would get there 8:30 or a little earlier, if you want to be be able to get through the buffet a couple times. Have fun! Tell us what you thought of it. :)

If I'm remembering correctly, the dessert party starts 90 minutes prior to the start of Wishes. I would ask a Cast Member in that vicinity later today. You're going to love the party! Have fun!

And don't worry about lining up early to get a good table. Tables are assigned when you make the reservation, so yours will be the same no matter what time you actually arrive. Just show up early if you want to get through the buffet a few times. (Although I think 9 p.m. for 10 p.m. fireworks is probably enough time. But that's just me.)

All the times I have done the dessert party, they have started seating exactly one hour before Wishes, ie, 9 pm for a 10 pm show. Waiting an entire extra hour in line seems like a huge waste of time to me. FYI.

Hi all,
Sorry for the late reply.
We started to queue at 8pm and no one was there yet so we just hung around until a few more people turned up.
We were seated right at the front of the restaurant in front of the railings and were shown where to get our food and drinks from. The selection of desserts was okay I guess. They had about 10 different things on offer as well as the new addition of cheese. They had already started to melt a little but still tasted lovely. Drinks were good too - about 4 different flavours of lemonade and chocolate milk as well as tea, coffee and apple cider.
I personally don't think it's worth the money but we'd never done it before so was great for our first time, especially with the amazing view.
Only downside (and I knew this happened, I just thought it would be nearer to wishes starting) was that a woman with her children all stood in front of us as soon as they entered and stood there eating her desserts. A cm asked her to sit down until she finished eating but made such a big fuss that they left her to it which was a bit annoying but hey Ho.
Overall, great night but each to their own if they want to spend the money

We arrived at this just a few minutes before they started letting people in - so we were some of the last to enter. Given the assigned seating - this didn't really matter. We could not have eaten more in the time allowed - the area wasn't that crowded to get desserts and drinks - and as it got closer to show time - the lines were less because folks who got there earlier weren't going up anymore. We also waited until the rail started to fill up to stand - worked great. Honestly, I thought the view was pretty good from our seats - I sat through most of it! I guess it might depending upon where your table was - but I could see the whole show over everyone's heads!

I also don't think I'll pay for this again. Once was fine - got the experience and it was good for my traveling party to be away from the Wishes crowds. The desserts were all "good" = but it just wasn't awesome.

Seems like the "it was nice, but I won't be repeating it" is the consensus of those who have tried the dessert party at the new price point (not everyone, of course, but the majority). Thanks for posting your reviews, tinkerbell1991 and kwdw. I imagine that won't stop it from being a hot ticket though.

Question: other posters have mentioned a new tree in the re-designed hub that impacts, especially, the Celebrate the Magic show...did either of you happen to notice a tree blocking the castle from your view? Hoping they moved it or trimmed it or whatever is necessary.

Love it. Do it every trip. Line up 30 minutes ahead. Take leftovers home in freezer bags. Usually eat them on the bus back.

We love to do Wishes Dessert Party on arrival day at WDW; it always gets DH into the Disney frame of mind. This year we changed up and are doing the Illuminations Dessert Party and he is really looking forward to it. We always go with kids and their families and this is our "date" night out for just the 2 of us.

Question: other posters have mentioned a new tree in the re-designed hub that impacts, especially, the Celebrate the Magic show...did either of you happen to notice a tree blocking the castle from your view? Hoping they moved it or trimmed it or whatever is necessary.
My family was there the 24th as well. The entire bottom half of the castle show was cut off between the construction going on and the new turrets that are in place. The view for that portion is not nearly as good as it once was.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter