1. Follow the DIS on Instagram! www.instagram.com/the.dis

Wishes Dessert Party ADR Watch Thread December 1-29 2012 Now Open!

Discussion in 'Disney Dining Reservations' started by sjs314, Apr 12, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Tinker'n'Fun

Tinker'n'Fun <font color=purple>"apple", peaches, "pumpkin pie"

We are eating our main meal at Liberty Tree Tavern with a 2:45pm lunch. It is late enough to hold us over until 9. If my son gets hungry we will just stop at Caseys and get a hotdog for me.

2. Avatar

Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide this advert.
  3. Tinker'n'Fun

Just curious. Since you have to pay for both the party and the dessert party, will you just enter at 4pm so you don't have to use another day's ticket?

I would have loved to do that, but it would have been too expensive for me.

4. Tinker'n'Fun

Here is my opinion, I know you didn't ask, but it works for my family. Keep your DH's birthday separate the day before. The party on Christmas day is really exciting. We did it last year. It's like more icing on the cake. We eat a a late lunch (either The Plaza or Liberty Tree Tavern) around 2:45ish. This is for 10pm fireworks, desserts starting at 9pm.

If you get hungry before hand, go light like a hot dog. We did a heavy meal and then the party and really missed out on the desserts.

Have a great holiday!

5. Tinker'n'Fun

This is not true. I have been 5 or 6 times. They will replenish up to the last 15 and then they consolidate the desserts. Every time I walked away at the end of the night, there was at least some desserts still on the tables.

6. rapunzel21

rapunzel21 Nothing of interest

We got our booking for 9p on Dec. 15th. Since MSEP STARTS at 9p, how is it possible to watch the parade when that is the time they start allowing people into Tomorrowland Terrace? Someone mentioned earlier that it is not the best vantage point to watch the parade. Do we now have to sacrifice MSEP?

I see that the special Christmas parade (held on MVMCP) is 15 minutes before they allow people into TT, and the parade is repeated after the Holiday Wishes fireworks so at least we'll be able to see it.

The timing on the former just doesn't seem right.

7. Swoop1

Swoop1 Mouseketeer

You are correct the TT is not the ideal place to see the parade and yes if the parade starts at 9 and the Desert Party starts at 9 you are going to more than likely have to sacrifice the parade that night, that is if you want to go into the party right at 9. We are also booked for the 15th at 9:00pm.

8. rapunzel21

That's what I thought. Oh well, it's not like we've never seen MSEP before and there will be other nights when we can see it. Looking forward to the XMAS parade even more.

My biggest dilemma is when to check out the Osborne lights (wanna do this twice) and seeing the fireworks at MK during our 10 day trip. Too many options...not healthy!:thumbsup2

9. DisneyFansInLINY

DisneyFansInLINY DIS Veteran

Thank you! It is different on Christmas?

10. ksromack

ksromack DIS Veteran

Oh, I bet it's because I only needed a party of 2! I did hear tricks of booking for 2 adults and one baby so you still only pay for 2 people. No biggie as we already have our party booked. I was just curious as to how crowded it was going to be and how close to the rail our table will be ;)

11. dzneelvr

dzneelvr A Disney Dolly<br><font color=deeppink>Doesn't min

The 10th is already capacity but I was able to score ADRs for December 13:cheer2: It's my DH favorite!

12. SRUAlmn

SRUAlmn DIS Veteran

That's what we did last year. We ate lunch at Tony's around 3:00 and planned on waiting until the DP at 9:00 to eat again, however, we were a little hungry prior to that, and my sister and I are not "eat sweet things as your meal" people, so we got a hot dog meal at Casey's and shared it around 7:00 :)

13. DisneyClown

DisneyClown DIS Veteran

I just called again about the 5th and was told that they aren't even offering the party on the 4th, 5th, and 6th! It would be nice if they could have offered up that info before hand, so maybe we could plan accordingly! I'm just mad about it so I'm venting. I've been waiting and waiting for this to open up, for nothing! :furious:

14. Tam1067

Tam1067 LOVES LOVES LOVES the Poly

I'm in a similar situation with 12/31. I'm not sure if they're doing it, so I'm left to check pretty much constantly between now and whenever I guess. They need to either tell us they're not having it or give some idea of when it'll open.

15. kellyg403

kellyg403 <font color=green>She changes friends like she cha

We are booked for Dec 11 at 8:40 pm. Its a party night so I was so glad that they were having it. IPO has emailed me several times telling me they do NOT have the dessert party on the nights of hard ticket events.

I am so glad I kept checking. We have done this the last two years during the party and got to see Tink flying over both times. I really hope to see her again!

Kelly

16. DisneyClown

DisneyClown DIS Veteran

I called 3 times. First time they told me the 5th and 6th were blacked out. Second time they said it must be sold out those days because it wasn't showing any availability. Third time they said the party wasn't being held the 4,5, or 6th. I know the 5th is not a MVMCP night so not sure why it's not being held. I am going to call again tomorrow just to see if they say anything different but it would be nice if they could coordinate the party ADR's with the 180 day mark.

17. rapunzel21

Earlier posts said Dec. 5 was some kind of Media Day, so they are closing MK earlier.

18. Tam1067

Tam1067 LOVES LOVES LOVES the Poly

I called and got a confused answer too, and was told to check again. I just wish they'd announce their plans clearly.

19. Hunclemarco

Hunclemarco DIS Veteran

The following was posted on the Dessert Party Reservation board post #28 by chikita:

Dec 4th is not blacked out, I just went online and tried to reserve for party of 4 at 8:30pm. and was told 8:30 and 8:45pm was available if I wanted to reserve. Just wanted to let you know so your info was accurate.

You RequestedTomorrowland Terrace Fireworks Dessert Party at Tomorrowland Terrace CafeDate & Time 12/4/2012 8:30 pm Party Size 4 Guests

Change Search Options
    . 8:30 PM Your Selected Time Is Available.

We searched from 6:30 pm to 10:30 pm. This restaurant also has availability at the following times :

8:45 PM

Hope this information helps :thumbsup2

20. MermaidsMom

MermaidsMom <font color=red>Do you live trap squirrels with cr

Does anyone know anything about December 30th and 31st? Has there been a delay in the past for these dates?

21. 1stvisit0909

1stvisit0909 DIS Veteran

According to the DIS yes, there has been a delay

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.