Wishes Dessert Party ADR Watch Thread December 1-29 2012 Now Open!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I called on my way home from work. The CM said no for December and then says, let me check on November. Ummm...a) I know November is open and b) how does that help me?? So he comes back with a date in November with an opening. I said ok thanks and hung up. :confused3

HA! You should have asked if he planned on paying for your airfare and room charge for that night in November.

Valgoof said:
I called on my way home from work. The CM said no for December and then says, let me check on November. Ummm...a) I know November is open and b) how does that help me?? So he comes back with a date in November with an opening. I said ok thanks and hung up. :confused3

That is too funny!! :) at least you know if you want to change your entire vacation around there's availability in November lol :)

Has anyone been successful in the past getting reservations for a larger sized party? We are 6 adults - so I'm hoping that won't mess me up when it does finally open up.

I did a party with 30 people last December, so 6 should not be a problem

I seem to get a different answer from each person I talk to. I was told recently that November wasn't open yet but a week earlier I was told by someone else that November 16 already had 8 people booked and another date in November had 20 people booked. About a week ago, I was told that December 15th was completely booked. I told her I really couldn't believe that because I had called everyday and they had been telling me that December hadn't even opened yet. She was very sure that it was booked. She told me to keep trying for that day because you never know...someone may cancel. The person I talked to today said that nothing in December has been booked. One day someone told me that they may not even be open in December at all. Another day I was told that it will only be open on weekends in December. Tonight after I told the person the date I wanted in December, she asked for my name, address and phone number and how many in party so I got really excited thinking I had a res. since they had never asked for all that info before...but nothing. What is the deal with all the inconsistencies?

I seem to get a different answer from each person I talk to. I was told recently that November wasn't open yet but a week earlier I was told by someone else that November 16 already had 8 people booked and another date in November had 20 people booked. About a week ago, I was told that December 15th was completely booked. I told her I really couldn't believe that because I had called everyday and they had been telling me that December hadn't even opened yet. She was very sure that it was booked. She told me to keep trying for that day because you never know...someone may cancel. The person I talked to today said that nothing in December has been booked. One day someone told me that they may not even be open in December at all. Another day I was told that it will only be open on weekends in December. Tonight after I told the person the date I wanted in December, she asked for my name, address and phone number and how many in party so I got really excited thinking I had a res. since they had never asked for all that info before...but nothing. What is the deal with all the inconsistencies?

My experiences after calling 6 times in the last three days: I've been given some conflicting information too but mostly about whether or not I can book online once December is available. One said no, five others have said yes. I heard November is not even open yet from one CM, but no one else has mentioned it (I had not even asked about November).

One thing I have been consistently told is that December has not opened yet. And consistently, no one will even predict which day it will, let alone what time of day. I'm home now and have taken to looking only once per hour, it sure is hard waiting!:upsidedow

Like all of you, this is the LAST thing I have to book!!!! I just keep checking every couple of hours. I find it hard to believe they wouldn't keep this event in December...it's one of their busiest seasons. I WOULD believe they'll jack up the price!:rotfl2:

PS: Just checked again at 8:30p EST and nothing...that was online.

Does anyone know how many people the Dessert Party can seat? How quickly does it normally fill? I know, lots of varibles, but I can't sit at my computer all day Wednesday just hitting the refresh button, so if I miss the opening, how long do you think I'll have?
:confused:

Not getting anything online this morning for our Dec. dates. Hope they open us soon. This is killing me.

Does anyone know how many people the Dessert Party can seat? How quickly does it normally fill? I know, lots of varibles, but I can't sit at my computer all day Wednesday just hitting the refresh button, so if I miss the opening, how long do you think I'll have?

A few pages back someone posted 50 people. Several confirmed that they consistantly counted more than 50. One person reported that the area sat about 160 people. So guess between 50-160 and I am sure the more popular days would have more in attandance. You will have a little time but if your date is very popular then it could sell out that day.

jlundeen said:

I know the holiday weeks in December are very busy but I went in the third week of June this year and wasn't able to get to my computer for two days to register and still got front row seats. I will say that within a couple more days it was sold out.

I know the holiday weeks in December are very busy but I went in the third week of June this year and wasn't able to get to my computer for two days to register and still got front row seats. I will say that within a couple more days it was sold out.

We have never done this before so when you book determines your seating? When you check in they tell you where to sit? This would be great, kind of thinking it would be free for all and we hate that.

wdwmaw said:
A few pages back someone posted 50 people. Several confirmed that they consistantly counted more than 50. One person reported that the area sat about 160 people. So guess between 50-160 and I am sure the more popular days would have more in attandance. You will have a little time but if your date is very popular then it could sell out that day.

I can't say for sure, but when we were there it seemed like there were more than 50 people.

I can't say for sure, but when we were there it seemed like there were more than 50 people.

It is my understanding that the "party of 50"refers to "the Max allowable party size" able to be booked but the venue itself holds at least twice that many table seatings.

I called this morning and got the same thing as yesterday - November isn't open yet. There was no arguing with her even though it is now October. I don't understand how some CMs are seeing November blocked out and some seeing it as available.

Frankly I don't care as long as someone would see December available!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter