1. Follow the DIS on Instagram! www.instagram.com/the.dis

Wishes Dessert Party ADR Watch Thread # 2 - September 2013 OPEN!!!

Discussion in 'Disney Dining Reservations' started by sjs314, Oct 5, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. quietgirll

quietgirll DIS Veteran

Strange- I've been trying to book that time frame for the last week- 2 people aren't available, but 4 is?? I've seen that issue in regular dining ressies before, but I wasn't expecting it with this....is there any way around that??

2. Avatar

Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide this advert.
  3. librarygeek

librarygeek DIS Veteran

For some reason it seems to happen a lot for the dessert party. One solution I've heard is to book for three people (add a child under 3 because I believe they're free), and then you can just call up to remove the third "Phantom baby."

4. danimaroo

danimaroo DIS Veteran

This is very good advice! I just now went to see on the night that we booked ours (January 23rd), and for 2 people it says no availability, but then you try for 3 and suddenly there's availability. :confused3 Oh this online system just never seems to work right.. you can always call though! :thumbsup2

What's kind of hilarious is that out of all the reservations I made for our trip (somehwere around 12-13 total), THIS was the only one I was able to book online! :laughing:

5. PrinceAdam

PrinceAdam Earning My Ears

Where would I go on the Disney website to book an ADR for this. Not going until April but I want to be prepared to pounce.

6. jendujka

jendujka Earning My Ears

I just go to the Disney World site and type into the search: Tomorrowland Terrace Fireworks Dessert

The party is the first thing thy pops up!

7. danimaroo

danimaroo DIS Veteran

8. jennibell7

jennibell7 Earning My Ears

Click on where to eat, then dining events, scroll down and it's second from the bottom.

9. sissy_ib

sissy_ib DIS Veteran

I am going on a solo trip in February and really want to book the dessert party. Playing with January dates I see I can book for 3 or more people but not one or two! I'm not sure if I should try this or not.

10. Lauraswi

Lauraswi Earning My Ears

I am attending the wishes desert party for the first time on Monday December 17th. My res time is 9:00 p.m. I called to see how early I could arrive but they said it starts at 9:00 so that is the earliest I could come. Both people I spoke to seemed confused about the time I could arrive. I think the fireworks are at 10:00 or 11:00 that night. Does anyone who has experience with this stuff know what time I can really arrive? ALSO, I noticed that someone said if the mickey christmas party (sorry i dont know the real name of this event) is going on then you have to have a ticket to that. Is this true? I paid for my wishes res but nothing was ever said about having a ticket to this christmas party thing also. I don't even know if it is going on that night. Can experienced disney person help me out here? thanks

11. BiancaBernard&Penny

BiancaBernard&Penny Returning to "Earning My Ears" after all these yea

Oy, that's a good question. I've never been during the holiday season so I don't know how parties work. Bumping so you get an answer.

12. jennibell7

jennibell7 Earning My Ears

I checked on the website for you and there isn't a Mickey's Very Merry Christmas Party on December 17th.

13. boocake

boocake Earning My Ears

Wow I had no idea this thread existed or that people were pouncing on this. I just booked my reservation for Jan. 9 for 2 people with no problem online.

14. jendujka

jendujka Earning My Ears

Yeah - it looks like January is still pretty wide open. I know that, when we scheduled for October, there were days that booked up in a couple of hours after the reservations opened. The biggest benefit of reserving as soon as possible is that they assign tables based on how early you reserve. So the first person who reserves for an evening is assigned the best table. It was really nice to have the first table right up along the railing! :)

15. julieanddanny

julieanddanny Mouseketeer

Wish they'd open Feb already! Starting to get worried that they won't.

16. nyck

nyck Mouseketeer

It is only Dec 19. They won't open Feb till closer to the end of this month

17. MADnNOLA

MADnNOLA DIS Veteran

18. julieanddanny

julieanddanny Mouseketeer

Last year it was Dec 2. I hope you are right!

19. readytogotodisney

readytogotodisney DIS Veteran

I know your date has passed, but for anyone else this might help, from everything I've heard, yes you would need a ticket to MVMCP if your dessert party is booked for the night of the party.
    And the dessert party opens up 1 hour prior to the fireworks.

20. jendujka

jendujka Earning My Ears

I wonder if February not being open yet has something to do with the fact that January (other than the 1st week) is WIDE OPEN! I just did a search of the January dates for 10-15 people, and they all seemed to be open after the 6th or 7th. I'm a little surprised given how fast October filled when I was looking this year and the fact that I couldn't get a space for 4 last December 2011 once I found out about it.

21. AuroraRora

AuroraRora Princess

I'm so happy to find out that the Dessert Party doesn't follow the usual 180-days policy! I'm going in May and for the last few weeks I've been playing with the ADR site and was SO disappointed that the party seemed already sold out, even as far as June. I figured it was so popular that people were getting up at 6am on the 180-day window to book it and that I didn't stand a chance. When I happened to notice this thread and realized I still have as much chance as everyone else, I almost cried :cheer2:pixiedust:

I'll be going solo too, so I'm curious about what a PP asked. Is it likely to be an issue booking for 1 person?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.