Wishes Dessert Party ADR Watch Thread # 2 - September 2013 OPEN!!!

Discussion in 'Disney Dining Reservations' started by sjs314, Oct 5, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Marshay

Marshay I'm Goofy for Mickey. Don't worry if you get a bi

We'll check in as soon as it opens most likely. There are 4 of us (2 adults and 2 kids). We are a very tall family (DH is 6'6" and ponytail and I am 6' with shoulder-length hair) so kind of hard to miss us. A photo is on the first page of any of our TR in my siggie.

My name is Marsha. Please stop by and say hello if you see us. I'll try to remember to bring my LGMH for you!

How can I identify you?:goodvibes

2. Avatar

Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide this advert.
  3. flea1267

flea1267 DIS Veteran

Well there will be 6 of us :) Myself, my BFF, my DS and his BFF (who is the son of my BFF :) ) and then our friends Javi and Mercy - we will probably be the loudest group in there...LOL :dance3: if you will PM your email address I will send you a picture...I'd love to say "hi" :yay:

4. Lyn-CA

Lyn-CA DIS Veteran

Booked for January 27, 2013 for DH, DS (2) and myself.

This will be our first dessert party and all 3 of us are big on desserts. Yes, even the little one. Also, I'm surprising DH with this as it will be one of his Christmas presents. Win win all around.

5. cutigress

cutigress Earning My Ears

Waiting OH SO ANXIOUSLY for February to open!

6. Caseystigger

Caseystigger Pirate Princess

Just booked Jan 18th 7pm for our impromptu Girls Only Weekend!!

7. ErinsMommy

ErinsMommy DIS Veteran

Anxiously waiting for February to open...my heart sank when I tried to make a ressie and saw there was no availability. Then it dawned on me that I may be too early...which I am, for a change....lol. So I'm subbing in!! :rolleyes1

8. Megsie1000

Megsie1000 Mouseketeer

Got January 26th (Saturday) for 7pm, 2 adults 3 kids.

Wishes is at 8pm and our reservation is for 7. How early do you guys think we can show up to get in?

My kids may want to go see the parade that night, but that also starts at 7. Will we miss all the desserts if we go in and get our table then leave to watch the parade? I don't want to pay a bunch for this and then miss all the food. :thumbsup2 If we have to miss the parade we will.

I expect it to be very crowded since it is both a Saturday and a parade day. So I am glad we are doing this to stay away from the masses on Main St.

9. Caseystigger

Caseystigger Pirate Princess

This past October we were there about an hour early but it didn't matter as the tables are already assigned.

10. ErinsMommy

ErinsMommy DIS Veteran

Do they assign as the reservation is made?? Or do they assign the day(s) prior??

11. jendujka

jendujka Earning My Ears

They assign based on the order people sign up so it pays to be on the front end of reservations.

I hope February opens soon! It seems late when looking at last year, but I guess there really isn't a rhyme or reason to when it opens!

12. sjs314

sjs314 "Laughter is timeless, imagination has no age, and

I have read numerous times that tables are assigned based on when you book the earlier booked ADR the closer up is your table. We attended for the first time on Nov 29th and I did book online shortly after bookings became available. We were in the first row with a dead on center view of the castle. The first row consisted of 4 tables each with a party of 2.

I do have to say the crowd was amazing as they did get up to stand at the rail but did so off to the side so we were able to sit to watch Holiday Wishes!

I only had 2 chocolate strawberries and an ice tea and DH had one chocolate strawberry and a coffee but the cost of the party was totally worth it for the seats and view alone.

13. gracer9977

gracer9977 Happiness is Disney

We are not going till Jan 2014 but I wanted to remember this thread. Really hoping to get a reservation for this when we go. :goodvibes

14. Kathymford

Kathymford A little obsessed is ok....right?

I had a similar experience when we went in April 2012. I remember being nervous because I actually didn't get to book until noon and it opened in the morning. But I was so excited when I saw our table! Isn't it nice when the planning actually works? Part of it I think though, is a perk of only being a party of 2!

15. Grumpy Grandma

Grumpy Grandma DIS Veteran

So glad you enjoyed the party. I've always liked it .... Janet, Jungle Cruiser and I will be doing it in January. I'm always so happy with the way the crowd behaves ... no pushing to get the best spot at the rail. Side note ... we're missing you on the RC thread. :hug:

16. Hunclemarco

Hunclemarco DIS Veteran

17. jendujka

jendujka Earning My Ears

It drives me crazy when I'm obsessively stalking the website for TTFDP reservations to open and the site is down for maintenance. Am I alone in my crazy frustration?

I was convinced that they were going to open February last Friday because last year the opened it on the 1st Friday in December. I should know better than to think that there is ANY method to the madness!

18. MetryMomma

MetryMomma Earning My Ears

Does anyone know when they finally do release a new month (I am waiting for February to open up) do they do it at a certain time of the day or can it happen anytime? I check up to 20 times a day everyday hoping I can get a res for when we go in February :blush:

19. jendujka

jendujka Earning My Ears

Unfortunately, it looks like they can and do open it at different times of the day. Could be AM or in the mid-afternoon sometime. The first post in this link shows the history of when the months have opened, and then if you scroll down, it also shows the actual time of day for the first time someone posted about it being open. http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2699362

One of them was even opened on the Sunday of Labor Day weekend.

I know that I checked SEVERAL times a day (probably 100 times or so) for October to open, and it didn't actually open until late afternoon. It's SUCH a hassle!

20. PixieNette

PixieNette Earning My Ears

We are staying 1/3 through 1/8 and I have called but have been unable to book this. Since it's prepaid, is there a chance someone might cancel? Should I constantly be calling to check? or is it a waste of time?

21. suzzzze

suzzzze Earning My Ears

Did you try to book on the Disney site? I just looked for a ressie for Jan 7 for 4 people and it was available.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.