Wishes Dessert Party ADR Watch Thread # 2 - September 2013 OPEN!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
WOW - no one got in front of you - that is wonderful. :banana: Too often we have had folks poke and shimmey and get right in front of us - now if it is children I have no problem, but when adults blocked our granddaughter who had been patiently waiting for the Electrical Parade that was a problem. She was/is small enough to sit on her Dad's shoulders but then WE would have blocked someone.

Yes, we were lucky! Not having kids we don't do the parades too often. This was the first time I'd seen the electrical parade so it was really neat to have a front row seat! Hopefully the same works out for you :goodvibes

Recent posts about standing up front make me wonder... should I book 2 tables for 2 instead of 1 table for 4? I have 2 little kids so we'll want to stand up front with them, and if we book 1 table for 4, it sounds like we'd be standing in front of someone else for sure. Thoughts?

Recent posts about standing up front make me wonder... should I book 2 tables for 2 instead of 1 table for 4? I have 2 little kids so we'll want to stand up front with them, and if we book 1 table for 4, it sounds like we'd be standing in front of someone else for sure. Thoughts?

Wow thanks for ur post I didn't even think about how many table! I am a party of 9 so we should probably do 3 tables. But if we do will they be next to each other????
Where in Mass ur u and when u going? I am leaving April 26th 'til May 1st in WDW then off to Universal 'til May 5th. :hyper:

scrappinggirl said:
Wow thanks for ur post I didn't even think about how many table! I am a party of 9 so we should probably do 3 tables. But if we do will they be next to each other????
Where in Mass ur u and when u going? I am leaving April 26th 'til May 1st in WDW then off to Universal 'til May 5th. :hyper:

We live in Westford, and we'll be home by then... but for some reason I can't message you? I'll send you more info via PM if I can figure out why it doesn't work now.

I'm not sure I understand. What would be the benefit of booking multiple tables? Why would you not want to sit together? Why would you want to take a table from another family/party?

There are 2. sizes of tables. One size fits parties of 1-3 and the other is for parties of 4-6. Parties over 6 are put with two tables together. That is why certain party sizes are hard to get--they run out of table allotment for that size. If you add a dummy person and then call in to have it adjusted (which I am not against), you are just giving yourself a different allotment of that table size (in the case of 2 v. 1) or a large table (3 v 4).

I cannot say this enough:

1) Front row tables are NOT only reserved for parties of 2 (or 3). I've been there as a party of 6 in the front row. I've seen lots of other large parties, including 10+, in the front row. The earlier you book (nothing to do with ADR time), the better your chance of a front row table. I am not the only person to report this.

2) We've sat in various spots in the front row. Each and every time we have been able to comfortably and easily view the fireworks from the table, even with others standing at the rail. The show is in the sky! Even if you don't have standing room at the rail, and are a bit further back, you can still see the fireworks easily. I've never seen massive crowds at the rail. It is not limited to 50 people, but it is limited. You will not feel like a sardine.

I'm not sure I understand. What would be the benefit of booking multiple tables? Why would you not want to sit together? Why would you want to take a table from another family/party?

There are 2. sizes of tables. One size fits parties of 1-3 and the other is for parties of 4-6. Parties over 6 are put with two tables together. That is why certain party sizes are hard to get--they run out of table allotment for that size. If you add a dummy person and then call in to have it adjusted (which I am not against), you are just giving yourself a different allotment of that table size (in the case of 2 v. 1) or a large table (3 v 4).

1) Front row tables are NOT only reserved for parties of 2 (or 3). I've been there as a party of 6 in the front row. I've seen lots of other large parties, including 10+, in the front row. The earlier you book (nothing to do with ADR time), the better your chance of a front row table. I am not the only person to report this.

2) We've sat in various spots in the front row. Each and every time we have been able to comfortably and easily view the fireworks from the table, even with others standing at the rail. The show is in the sky! Even if you don't have standing room at the rail, and are a bit further back, you can still see the fireworks easily. I've never seen massive crowds at the rail. It is not limited to 50 people, but it is limited. You will not feel like a sardine.

I totally 100% agree the table placement is based on how soon you make the reservation after the bookings have opened up.

rt2dz said:

Ah, okay. I'd read in some other post that the front row was for parties of 2 or 3 only. Thanks!

Ah, okay. I'd read in some other post that the front row was for parties of 2 or 3 only. Thanks!

Wouldn't it be GREAT if they would just PUBLISH the facts on the Disney site? Including how/when reservations are taken, how many the party can accomodate, seating assignment capability, and viewing methods.

I know, I know, now I'm just being demanding. But it seems like many of us who have been there before, have had many different experiences, and the mis-information that flys around could so easily be avoided if they would just PUBLISH some facts.

Radical idea....I know.:rotfl2:

Called today...still not open for April. :sad2:

When we went two years ago I'm pretty sure we booked 3+ months out, and I know I must have been early to jump on it because we had a front row table. Hoping for the same this time!

Sorry, I haven't gone through all the posts, but how do you reserve a table? Do you have to call or can you book online?

kirkaliciasmom said:
Sorry, I haven't gone through all the posts, but how do you reserve a table? Do you have to call or can you book online?

You can book both ways. Payment is made at the time the reservation is made.

Sent from my iPhone using DISBoards

We were lucky enough to have a front row table, and we still got up to watch the show. We went during the busiest time of the year...the place was full. There is PLENTY of room along the railing. It is no big deal no matter where your seat is...just get up when the castle projection show starts and find a spot. It is no where near as crowded as the streets. Enjoy! It is a great time!

Wouldn't it be GREAT if they would just PUBLISH the facts on the Disney site? Including how/when reservations are taken, how many the party can accomodate, seating assignment capability, and viewing methods.

I know, I know, now I'm just being demanding. But it seems like many of us who have been there before, have had many different experiences, and the mis-information that flys around could so easily be avoided if they would just PUBLISH some facts.

Radical idea....I know.:rotfl2:

I know what you mean. I love Disney, but I can't understand why they don't make things like this clearer. You should see over on the wedding boards - it's like every wedding planner tells their clients something different about the rules and the facts! There was some disagreement over there about something and whether it was or wasn't allowed (I don't remember what it was), and I literally spent over an hour trying to find an official Disney line on it but came up with nothing. It blows my mind that they have all of this information but don't share it with us! :confused3

I know what you mean. I love Disney, but I can't understand why they don't make things like this clearer. You should see over on the wedding boards - it's like every wedding planner tells their clients something different about the rules and the facts! There was some disagreement over there about something and whether it was or wasn't allowed (I don't remember what it was), and I literally spent over an hour trying to find an official Disney line on it but came up with nothing. It blows my mind that they have all of this information but don't share it with us! :confused3

I suppose it's the same thing as many big organizaitons in this economy...."do more with less, and don't worry about customer service..."

Yet, their stock continues to rise (I have a measly 50 or so shares just for fun! Certainly will never get rich on it, but it's fun to watch and get the stockholder info...such as it is!) I guess investing in things like Marvel and Star Wars certainly lightened their pockets a bit, but come on...you can only frustrate your customer base for so long before it affects the bottom line...

THat's my opinion anyway...what do I know! :rolleyes:

April peeps, raise your hand if you get excited every time you see this thread at the top of the forum like I just did :blush:! One of these days it'll be for real:lmao::rotfl:.

April peeps, raise your hand if you get excited every time you see this thread at the top of the forum like I just did :blush:! One of these days it'll be for real:lmao::rotfl:.

Me too! The thing is, I'm not even going! I'm planning trips for OTHER people who want to go to the party after hearing me talk about it over the years. They don't go to the disboards, so I told them that I'd let them know from you kind people, when reservations open for April! It's killing me though, since I'd LOVE to go again!!! It was our trip highlight last year for my whole family - grandparents, aunts/uncles, kids, etc...! My 40 something sister was the most excited of EVERYONE, including kids, to see Tinkerbell fly above! :cloud9:

LittleStinkerbelle said:

Both hands raised! Any time now! :)

Sent from my iPhone using DISBoards

Me too! The thing is, I'm not even going! I'm planning trips for OTHER people who want to go to the party after hearing me talk about it over the years. They don't go to the disboards, so I told them that I'd let them know from you kind people, when reservations open for April! It's killing me though, since I'd LOVE to go again!!! It was our trip highlight last year for my whole family - grandparents, aunts/uncles, kids, etc...! My 40 something sister was the most excited of EVERYONE, including kids, to see Tinkerbell fly above! :cloud9:

Don't worry, you're not alone! We're taking 2013 off--the first time in over three decades I'll miss a year. Sometimes we've gone twice a year. But here I am, watching for friends. I had friend just get back (loved the party!), and now I'm watching for a friend in May, another in June, another in July/August (trip overlaps), and for one in November. At least I'm also planning for January 2014 for a Mom & Me trip for DS#2!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter