Wishes Dessert Party ADR Watch Thread # 2 - September 2013 OPEN!!!

Discussion in 'Disney Dining Reservations' started by sjs314, Oct 5, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. PacoDF

PacoDF Mouseketeer

2. Avatar

Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide this advert.
  3. rt2dz

rt2dz DIS Veteran

While the front row tables all along the entrance side are quite close to the rail, that is not where we sat for our May viewing. We were at the peak, the part where the front row table is farthest from the rail than any of the other tables and had absolutely zero problem watching while seated. That was actually the better view in our experiences.

Of course it will depend on preference, eye-sight, etc. But in our experiences, it just wasn't ever a problem having a perfect view while seated in the front row. At the parties we were at, most the people in the front row stayed seated. Even some in the second row since many of the tables have a checkerboard seating (depending on table sizes). Your experience might have been different, but it is not an accurate blanket statement at all.

4. Kaylasmomma

Kaylasmomma Mouseketeer

good luck to everyone still waiting for April on... pixiedust:

time for me to unsubscribe

5. Kathymford

Kathymford A little obsessed is ok....right?

I agree with this. I had the same experience last April.

6. lizzieosborne

lizzieosborne Earning My Ears

Waiting for April to open

7. tinkerhon

tinkerhon DIS Veteran

We are going the March 29th as well !!! (9:10PM)--- Our 1st time !!!

Last night as well (Have "BoG" ressie @ 4:15PM)

Great way to end the trip !!! :cool1::cool1::cool1::cool1:

8. dani77

dani77 Mouseketeer

Patiently waiting for april/may popcorn::

9. tinkerhon

tinkerhon DIS Veteran

Just wanted to share pricing--- (at least for March---)

Just off the phone w/ CM, confirming our ressies---

$29.99 for adults
    $19.99 (Children 3-9)

Under 3 is free-

Can not wait !!!!!!!

:banana::banana::banana::banana::banana:

10. Missy13d69

Missy13d69 DIS Veteran

Wow! I hope that's peak pricing for Spring Break week. :faint: I hope those aren't the regular prices. I'll pay it, but I would much prefer the $24 price.

11. tinkerhon

tinkerhon DIS Veteran

I believe those ARE peak--- we are going March 29th---

pixiedust:

12. RapunzelsBFF

RapunzelsBFF Earning My Ears

Yes I believe those are most definitely peak. I am going the first week of March and paid $25.55/person. Not much less, but a little savings compared to the spring break prices. :)

13. gorjus121

gorjus121 Mouseketeer

Since these reservations are prepaid, are they refundable in case we needed to cancel? Thanks

14. Disneynovices

Disneynovices Earning My Ears

Hi! Someone posted that they were able to get front row tables thanks to this thread. How do you get a front row table? Is it just about getting one of the first reservations for that date? We are going in July and yes, I know I have plenty of time, but want to make sure I know as much as I can going in! Thanks!

15. redkel

redkel Earning My Ears

Yes -- a Gorillapod would work great. A tripod would be a bit rude, IMO. The footprint is just too big on most models. A monopod would be a better choice, but I'm not sure if they are allowed in the parks. Mine is a ROCK and could be considered a weapon...seriously, that thing is sturdy.

And that's my .02 -- no change needed. :)

16. MichelleWDWfan

MichelleWDWfan Mouseketeer

Tables are Pre-Assigned. From what I have heard, they seat you based on the order when you called for any given date. Not 100% sure on this.

I was online when it was posted that March ressies were open and I immediately called disney dining. I will be glad report back in the thread how this worked out for me, and where I get seated. My ressie is for March 11th.

17. 3Leafs

3Leafs DIS Veteran

I didn't book mine until in the middle of the night the day it was released this time and got a 9pm time. In November when we went I booked a couple hours after it was open and got a 8:15 time and we were 3 rows back from the rail. No I myself am curious as to where we will sit since I got right on the hour this time. We are going the 25th

18. SRUAlmn

SRUAlmn DIS Veteran

This is true based on our experience. We've been to the DP 3 times. Twice we booked within the first day of the reservations opening, and both times we were in the front row (once with 2 people, once with 3.) The other time we didn't decide to go until about 2 months after reservations opened up (we were lucky our date was even still available.) That time, we were all the way in the back. Let me know if anyone has questions about seating, people standing in front of you, etc... We've had a variety of experiences, and I'd be happy to share! :goodvibes

19. z2akids

z2akids Earning My Ears

To those of you wgo have been, is there front row seating for parties of 5? According to the CM, we were the first reservation for our date, but I keep reading about smaller parties at the rail.

20. kgsmith

kgsmith DIS Veteran

I can't remember if there was a larger table in the very front row last August when we went. But we were a table of three in the front row, all the way to the left (nearest to the Photopass photographer). There were several larger tables (5 or 6 people) in the row behind us. The people at some of those tables never stood at the rail. I'm assuming that they could see the fireworks from their seats.

Sent from my iPad using DISBoards

21. scrappinggirl

scrappinggirl Mouseketeer

Hello,
    I have never been and wanted to know what u all thought was the best time to have a reservation? The fireworks start around 9, right? So if ur there for a 7pm reservation ur sitting there for 2 hrs before the fireworks start and to me that is 2 hrs away from the park doing stuff. What r ur thoughts on what the best time to go there is???

Thanks

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.