Wishes Dessert Party ADR Watch Thread # 2 - September 2013 OPEN!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Does anyone know, if you have to cancel your dessert party reservation, if you get your pre-payment back? If so, is the cancellation window 24 or 48 hours?

Thank you for your help in advance!

TTFN,
Dawn

Does anyone know, if you have to cancel your dessert party reservation, if you get your pre-payment back? If so, is the cancellation window 24 or 48 hours?

TTFN,
Dawn

If I recall correctly you must cancel two days before the date of the party you book. If you booked a Friday party you would need to cancel on or before Wednesday to get a refund. If you cancel on Thursday or Friday you will not get a refund.

On the Disney site all it says is "Pre-payment is required. A cancellation policy applies and will result in charges if you cancel with insufficient notice. Specific policies related to this facility will be detailed at time of reservation booking."

I'm browsing for ADRs and just noticed that the dessert party has at least one opening for 4 on 2/2, in case anyone has been on the lookout!

TTFN,
Dawn

I did not cancel a reservation but I did the reduce the number in my party the afternoon of the day we did this when a couple could not make it. I called and got a refund for the change. Took a little time on the phone but they did it with no hassles or questions.

Patiently (well not really) waiting for March 2013. to open.

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Edited to add:
I also had to cancel day of last March 2012. due to Illness and did receive a refund.
Hugs Mel

LSUfan4444 said:
Wow! I can't even begin to describe how it has declined. I'm only from my iPad but the availability has decreased and the variety went way with it. For the first time I walked away

More info please!

Sent from my iPad using DISBoards

Hello,

I am new to Disboards, but I have been following for a while now. I am trying to make reservations for March 14th, but I am assuming reservations hasn't openedMarch yet, does anyone know when?

Also, I tried to go to Disney Dining Reservations online to see if it was open yet, but the dessert party is not there? Anyone know why?

It's around $25 for adults and $14 for kids depending on the season and we think it is worth it for the fireworks view alone!

mcallendisney said:
Hello,

I am new to Disboards, but I have been following for a while now. I am trying to make reservations for March 14th, but I am assuming reservations hasn't openedMarch yet, does anyone know when?

Also, I tried to go to Disney Dining Reservations online to see if it was open yet, but the dessert party is not there? Anyone know why?

It is an event, like the Fantasmic package...look there instead of the list of restaurants. You can aka search for dessert.

Never been, how much is it and is it worth it??? Thanks Krista

"Is it worth it?" is a very subjective question. It is going to completely depend on what you like, what your goals are and how much it is going to cost you. A family with 6 kids (some priced at Disney adults) and 2 parents might have a different idea of if that cost is worth it verses someone with only 2 people. KWIM? It is also going to depend on how big your sweet tooth is, how adventurous you are, how much crowds bug you and if you even care about fireworks.

What I can tell you, is that you get a table to sit at and an array of desserts while waiting for the fireworks to start. That alone beats the heck out of being packed in like a sardine with people stepping on you (frequently, quite literally) for hours in advance to get a good view. Or getting a bad view in general--and possibly still being crammed in with others (depending on time of year). Then you get a prime viewing location.

When I went in May there was a huge, never-ending supply of desserts (although certain kinds ran out, they were always replaced with another variety). When we went in October there were plenty of desserts, but the variety was about 30% less (in variety) and towards the start of the fireworks, they quit replacing them and just started consolidating the tables. We overindulged and had plenty to enjoy on both trips.

I found some of the choices in October to be a bit more odd and a mix of familiar and exotic in May (some of which were gross--and most people did not return for more so I couldn't have been the only one feeling this way). The best way to get the best variety and choice in dessert will to be there at opening. Beverage choices (coffee, hot chocolate, water, milk, lemonade, and, I think, both hot and cold tea) were the same for each experience and never ran out.

I'm not sure it's worth waiting an hour prior to opening since your table is preassigned. I liken it to car line at the elementary school. Some people get in line and hour (or more) early and others leave their house when school gets out. Those that left their house late, don't sit in line as long and get their kids a whopping 10-15 minutes later. It is not a free-for-all. Disney seats you, has plenty of people to help do that, is pretty darn efficient and it is done fairly quickly.

On both trips we were in the front row--a party of 2 in May and a party of 6 in October. In May we were closer to the "corner" of the terrace, directly across from the castle with a full on view. Even though people get up and move to the rail (which Disney encourages--bodies only, no chairs), we did not need to get up. We sat back and had a fantastic view. Fireworks are in the sky, not flat in front of you. Had we been further back, we might have had to move to see since the seating is covered.

In October, we were much closer to the rail at the right (as looking from the podium walking in). Again, people get up and move towards the rail. However, it was raining and not many walked too close to the rail. Instead they crowded around the front row tables. No one stood in front of the tables, just between them. We were once again able to sit back and watch comfortably. I don't know if it would have been the same if people were standing at the rail.

It really is limited seating. Tables have space between them so you can pull chairs in and out and walk comfortably. That's not to say you can take any path you want; like a restaurant, there is a definite area to walk. I really enjoyed the less crowds. Big bonus when I had my toddler and my one on the spectrum with us. Especially my one with the spectrum, as he wasn't overly taxed and could handle the sounds (with noise cancelling headphones) a bit better. Normally we need to leave prior to fireworks.

I need help. I am able to search for dates on the Dessert Party page, but it always says 1 restaurant with no availability. Is there a way to see a calendar with availability?

I need help. I am able to search for dates on the Dessert Party page, but it always says 1 restaurant with no availability. Is there a way to see a calendar with availability?

What dates are you searching for availability? :confused3 Only through February is open (as stated in title of the thread).

So far, no calendar is posted to show what is available and what is not. It is just by trying the system for your dates to check on availability. ;)

I had to log in to the site, before it would show availability. We are booked 2/22 for the 7:00 party! So excited! pirate:

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter