Wishes Dessert Party ADR Watch Thread # 2 - September 2013 OPEN!!!

Discussion in 'Disney Dining Reservations' started by sjs314, Oct 5, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. MADnNOLA

MADnNOLA DIS Veteran

I was exactly the same way! I too am going solo in April, and tried to make the reservation, only to find nothing available. Then I discovered this thread! :cheer2:

So now anxiously awaiting the reservations to be opened (hopefully the end of February)! :thumbsup2

2. Avatar

Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide this advert.
  3. librarygeek

librarygeek DIS Veteran

It shouldn't be, but since some people have had issues with booking even 2 people you might have a problem. I'd say if that happens just call to make a reservation so you can talk to someone in person, you shouldn't have any problems then!

4. jendujka

jendujka Earning My Ears

I am starting to think that they are never going to open February. I've even been trying it on different browsers thinking that maybe there was something wrong with stored "cookies" telling me that it's closed. Ugh!

5. Twoboysnmygirl

Twoboysnmygirl DIS Veteran

I'm actually starting to think that the rumor a few months back about January being down for refurb was actually February, and they aren't going to open it at all. Boo. At least I didn't mention it to my daughter, it was going to be a surprise, so she has no clue it even exists. If they don't end up opening for February, at least I'll be the only one disappointed!

6. MickeyMinnieMom

MickeyMinnieMom If you ticket it, they will come... ;)

Same here! I've booked this party several times over the years since they first started it, and they've never been this late with opening up dates.

Wonder if it has anything to do with the phased in launch of the "My Disney Experience" portion of the website? I was prompted yesterday to convert my account, but couldn't view any past reservations as the servers were down. Today I can see dining reservations, but not the hotel res I have booked.

Maybe once some of these updates are done they'll open Feb?? :confused3

7. FosterLovesMickey

FosterLovesMickey Ready for Disney......

Me too! I check everyday - several times a day... :sad:

8. teheber

teheber CYCLING IS HOW I ROLL

Wow,, glad I didnt tell the kids either, I have been trying every day with no luck for feb ressie. They opened Jan on nov 23rd for bookings. Wish disney would inform us.[​IMG]

9. FosterLovesMickey

FosterLovesMickey Ready for Disney......

Still keeping my fingers crossed - but, it sure is looking dismal at this point :(

10. jendujka

jendujka Earning My Ears

I was just thinking about this again today and I'm now wondering: where do they make the desserts for the dessert party? I hope that I'm wrong but if they happen to make the desserts at the Main Street bakery, then we might be out of luck. Has anyone seen the official refurbish dates for the Mainstreet bakery?

11. disneymagicgirl

disneymagicgirl Been there, Done that, Going back!

Is it usually 30 days prior or something that dates open up? We will be there late May. Would love to do this for DDs bday.

12. Twoboysnmygirl

Twoboysnmygirl DIS Veteran

I had not even thought of this! Ack! I'm still holding out hope, but if they were made there, it would make sense...

No, it's usually 45 days. January opened a little later than that, but most assumed that was because it was the first month of 2013 bookings. There is a list of when dates opened up and this is pretty late! :eek:

13. disneymagicgirl

disneymagicgirl Been there, Done that, Going back!

OK, THANKS! I will start checking back Mid March. Good luck to those of you trying to book soon!:wizard:

14. ErinsMommy

ErinsMommy DIS Veteran

I hope not. =(

15. MinnMu

MinnMu Earning My Ears

Oh, I hope not, but that would explain why they aren't releasing the dates. The official Disney blog says that the rehab will start in January and go until "early summer".

16. LucyBC80

LucyBC80 DIS Veteran

I don't believe the bakery actually BAKES anything and it's all made off site (as in a industrial kitchen outside the parks) so MSB being closed will not be the reason there won't be a Dessert Party in February if this turn out to be true.

17. sheila <3 WDW

sheila <3 WDW DIS Veteran

I am definitely subbing to this new thread. I've been anxiously waiting to book the dessert party for our trip in March. I really want to do the party on our 10th anniversary! I know I'm not the only one hoping for dates to open up soon.

18. Viator80

Viator80 Mouseketeer

Still nothing for anyone? I'm trying too.

19. can'twaittobewarm

can'twaittobewarm Earning My Ears

Subscribing with fingers crossed!

20. jendujka

jendujka Earning My Ears

Would any of you folks headed to the party in January mind asking the CMs if they know what's happening with the February party? At this rate, I think that we'd all like to know if we are just wasting our time with our vigilant searches. I would greatly appreciate it!!

21. Colleen27

Colleen27 DIS Veteran

Wow, glad I checked in here... I was thinking I missed my shot at Feb, not that it wasn't bookable yet! Guess I'll be joining y'all in waiting.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.