WISH'ers walking, running and "other"ing in 2012--General Discussion thread

Discussion in 'Events/Competition' started by jmasgat, Jan 2, 2011.

1. PlutoBaby

PlutoBaby Treat stress like a dog;pee on it and walk away.

Hi everybody! New kid on the block here after being informed of this thread by someone over on the W&D 2012 board. On the official countdown to 11/10/12 and just printed out the waiver with butterflies in the belly!:hyper:

Basics:

Live in south Florida - oh so conveniently located just 3 short hours south of the World:mickeyjum

Live for - my dog, my running, my hubby...yup, pretty much in that order too!:rotfl:

Running - a bunch of 5k's over the years, one previous half in 2007 (A1A on Fort Lauderdale Beach) and high school cross country a lifetime ago :(...not a fast runner by any means but I always finish!:thumbsup2

Was just diagnosed with knee arthritis at the ripe old age of 44 (REALLY!!??):furious:, but not letting that stop me for a minute!:banana: Still have "finish a full marathon" on the bucket list and have every intention of gittin' it done!:woohoo:

Any advice, tips, etc, you runDisney veterans have, please feel free to share! So far I've discovered honey stingers, waiver lookup, and costume ideas. Now, where do i get one of those kickin' WISH shirts???:confused3

2. Avatar

Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide this advert.
  3. Tiger Lily 03

Tiger Lily 03 Moderator W.I.S.H. Moderator

Got in a very slow 16 miles yesterday. Hoping I will be able to pick it up just a bit with the next long runs on my schedule.

4. irishtwins1112

irishtwins1112 Mouseketeer

Hi! I am Z. I have been in the journals section for a while with a shortlived weightloss journal :guilty:. I have 3 boys (19 months and 7 months and 30 years old....that last one is my DH) that I love more than anything. I started wogging about 7 years ago to lose weight and initially started wogging again for that purpose. I have at least 75 lbs that I would like to lose. I am registered for the Disney Full marathon 2013. I have been having some issues with my big toe joint and was hoping to get added to a WISH team for moral support. The holidays, illnesses, and injury are getting the better of me:eek:!

5. jmasgat

jmasgat DIS Veteran

Z Hang in there. The next month will be a bit of a roller coaster for everyone. You already are a member of the WISH team, and I hope we give you the encouragement you need to make it through the full. I understand(quite painfully, unfortunately) what injuries do to your body--and your mind. Take care of your foot, and good luck with the rest of your training.

See you in January!

Maura

6. irishtwins1112

irishtwins1112 Mouseketeer

Thanks! I was hoping to get added to one of the smaller teams. After doing some more looking I realized I can just join one on my own. I guess I thought I had to be assigned to one:scratchin.

7. jmasgat

jmasgat DIS Veteran

Most of the small teams have sort of faded away. You're right, you can just join in whatever of the active ones that are left.