wish there was a catagory for Magic Bands/tickets, anyways..I have a question

12disneybee

Mouseketeer
In the last year, has anyone decided they did not want to use the magic band and request a KTTW card? It is for sure that you can certainly request a KTTW card at the front desk, if you get a KTTW card after having your magic band activated, do both the KTTW card and the magic band both work???

In the last year, has anyone decided they did not want to use the magic band and request a KTTW card? It is for sure that you can certainly request a KTTW card at the front desk, if you get a KTTW card after having your magic band activated, do both the KTTW card and the magic band both work???
You don't have to wear the band, you can put it in you pocket or bag. About making sure both the band and the KTTW work, ask the front desk when you request the extra KTTW. I'd think, though, you really only need one working band OR KTTW per person.

It is for sure that you can certainly request a KTTW card at the front desk

It's in the privacy policy and part of the T&C for the magic bands and mymagic+, so they kinda have to have the cards. There was a period of time when the CMs were being weird about it, but that shouldn't be happening anymore.

I think that so few people get the cards that there aren't many here who know the ins and outs of them. And if you get one, you probably aren't using the band, so there's an even smaller group still that would go back and forth with them. If your trip is as soon as your signature seems to indicate, be sure to let us all know!

Technically if you ask for the card they deactivate your magic band and some will ask for them back to recycle. At one point they were issuing cards that worked just for the rooms but not for tickets that way you couldn't double dip fastpass+.

Not sure what they are doing at the moment but be prepared to have to wait if you want a card as they have very few of the card programming and printing machines left.

Hmmm. Why would you care if both worked at the same time OP?:magnify:

Why do you care? Just like MBs, all KTTW cards point to the same information in MDE. This is no different than asking if multiple MBs work on the same account.

OP, I'm also curious whether they'll still issue KTTW cards upon requeat, so please report back. I find opening resort doors to be awkward with the MBs based on where they have placed the readers on the doors, so I'm curious whether we have any other options.

I'm also curious whether they'll still issue KTTW cards upon requeat, so please report back. I find opening resort doors to be awkward with the MBs based on where they have placed the readers on the doors, so I'm curious whether we have any other options.

Your resort will give you a KTTW if you ask. It will only work for opening the door though. We did this when we didn't get our request of connecting rooms. We got a KTTW for each room so my wife or I could get into my parents room and they could get into ours.

FYI, the desk CM didn't want to at first, but a quick talk with the Concierge and we were good to go.

Your resort will give you a KTTW if you ask. It will only work for opening the door though.

That might have been a different situation for your needs.

They should do everything that the short range readers can do, which includes FP+ and paying.

https://disneyworld.disney.go.com/plan/my-disney-experience/bands-cards/

"MagicBands and cards are secure all-in-one devices that allow you to effortlessly access the plans and vacation choices that you’ve made with My Disney Experience."

You can use your card or MagicBand to:
  • Unlock the door of your Disney Resort hotel room.
  • Enter theme and water parks (with valid admission).
  • Check in at FastPass+ entrances.
  • Connect Disney PhotoPass images to your account.
  • Charge food and merchandise purchases to your Disney Resort hotel room (only available during your hotel stay).

If someone gets something that is only a KTTW, that's not what they are offering on their site. (or it was a glitch) (or specific to the situation of needing a card to get into someone else's room...and it would make sense that such a card woudln't access MM+ b/c your MDE was likely different than their MDE)

Well, it could have been that they said it would only work for doors, but really it worked for anything.

I recall early on when FP+ was first rolled out but the legacy system was still running, there was an issue with the legacy machines where you could put any type of card with a magnetic strip into it and get a FP in return. I think during that time (a period of a couple of months at most) they were pretty stingy with the KTTW cards to stop the double dipping. But I would think that would be a non-issue now, so there would be really no reason for them to make the cards not work for park admission, FP+ redemption, paying, etc. too.

Why do you care? Just like MBs, all KTTW cards point to the same information in MDE. This is no different than asking if multiple MBs work on the same account.

OP, I'm also curious whether they'll still issue KTTW cards upon requeat, so please report back. I find opening resort doors to be awkward with the MBs based on where they have placed the readers on the doors, so I'm curious whether we have any other options.

Because I want to know. .that's why I care

Because I do, that's why.
"Jadyreen1282, post: 54324975, member: 513913"]Hmmm. Why would you care if both worked at the same time OP?:magnify:[/QUOTE]
Becausr

They issued cards to a family staying at Beach Club while I was there in June. (They refused the use of the bands for privacy reasons.)

It created loads of fun for them trying to get into SAB though as the CM didn't want to allow them in without scanning their non-existent bands and another CM had to assist.

OTE="12disneybee, post: 54348194, member: 551972"]It was for both of you[/QUOTE]
My reason has no bearing on the answer

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter