Wish I was able to sleep!

Discussion in 'Community Board' started by pigletgirl, Sep 27, 2012.

1. pigletgirl

pigletgirl <font color=green>You do have a life. It is just i

Within the last week, I've been coming home and taking a long nap. The unfortunate part that when its time for bed, I lay awake for hours. It then makes for an incredibly long day at school. The vicious cycle repeats itself.

Any suggestions? I'm 7 weeks pregnant if that helps. Also, my nausea likes to rear its ugly head as well then too. I haven't had a DR appointment yet (in two weeks).

I am miserable. :crazy2:

Thanks!

2. Avatar

Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide this advert.
  3. dakcp2001

dakcp2001 <font color=darkorchid>Am I wrong to want a cashie

A nap is ok, but try to make it a shorter nap. How long of a nap are you taking? Can you set an alarm clock to shorten it a bit to see if it helps? Are you allowed to have melatonin while pregnant? They make quick dissolve fruit flavored melatonin that start at 1 mg ( most people take 3mg to go to sleep) and they go up to 5 mg. I work nights and sleep days so I take melatonin regularly. I usually take 1-2 of the 1mg quick dissolve if I just can't fall asleep. Even the 1mg helps. If I am waking up every few hours I use slow release 3mg. The 5 is too much for me it makes me sleep for way too long. BUt ask your doctor. It seems like you might need to shorten your nap a little. I am a BIG fan of naps. Naps do a lot of good. But you might be sleeping too long. Can you call your doctor?

4. Hannathy

Hannathy <font color=darkorchid>When I stop laughing I will

Don't take longer than a 20 minute nap after school. If you are still sleepy then get up and get some fresh air, take a walk, etc just don't go back to sleep.

You need to reset your clock and you will not be happy for a few days but you have to break the cycle. Even after you get back on track don't take longer than 20 minute naps.

5. Gigi22

Gigi22 DIS Veteran

Short 'power naps' are the way to go, only 15-20 min. Longer naps during the day can ruin your night time sleep pattern.

6. The Mystery Machine

The Mystery Machine Sunrise at my house. :+)

Agree with the others, take a "power nap" only.

Or skip the nap and then go to bed early. What time did you normally go to bed?

Oh and congratulations!:p

7. KimR

KimR DIS Veteran<br><font color=teal>Needs to lay off t

I agree with the advice about the naps. Also, you might want to ask your doctor about taking unisom at night (there are 2 types - you want the formula with doxylamine succinate). It is often recommended for pregnant women with morning sickness and helps with both sleep and nausea.

8. pigletgirl

pigletgirl <font color=green>You do have a life. It is just i

I try to be in bed by 10pm, meaning lights out. I read (or try to anyway beforehand) and I'm up by 615am to get DH's coffee started and finish his lunch. I leave not long after him. Recently, I've been in bed for another hour. Its hard for me to move in the mornings!

I will try the power nap idea. I know I need to shut my eyes for a bit before starting homework. It is hard. I think I might try a protein filled snack too (at the suggestion of a friend) to get me through the evening.

I do have to say, this first trimester is hard! Hopefully it eases up a bit.