WISH Away the Pounds - Spectacular September Challenge...Everyone Welcome

Hello all! I'm just checking in and I would like to welcome everyone to a new month. If you are new, this is a great group of very supportive people :thumbsup2 And, welcome back to all those names I recognize :)

I hope everyone started September off right and enjoy the holiday tomorrow!

Jill

Is it too late to join for September? I will pm my weight if a minute, I need all of the support I can get.

Welcome to all the newcomers!! It's never too late to join - and certainly not now at the beginning of a month!!:goodvibes

Stepped on the scale today, so will submit this as my start weight. Saturday's weight was a very strange number, so I think this is much more realistic.

Have a great start into the first September week everyone!!

Here! Me too please!!

:welcome: to those joining for first time!

Wow running 4 times on a cruise! That is fabulous !

I will volunteer to coach the week of sept 23

Ugh. I've been doing fairly well since refocusing last week but had a bad day yesterday. Weekends seem to be terrible for me. Lots of little bites here a nd there. We were out all afternoon running errands and I managed to get out of the mall avoiding the food court but dh was hungry and stopped at sonic he wanted to try one of their new pretzel dogs! We split it and I had 3 small bites. I think I had other bites of snacks that the kids had and I know I had a bunch of popcorn last night. It's that boom chicka pop light Angie's popcorn that has 35 cal per cup but I'm sure it's the sodium that caught up with me.

My goal today since everyone is home for the holiday is to avoid extra bites of snacks. They really add up.

Good luck today everyone on your goals!!

I can't believe I haven't joined this thread before! I'm in for this month! I PMd you Eliza.

Down 94 lbs so far, and I have a long way to go.

Hi everyone

Been super busy the last few days, but noticed I have 30 PMs to check!!! I have already sorted dinner for tomorrow, so will be sittng down at the computer to update everything and transfer to the spreadsheet.

I have to confess that I have eaten half of a large Dominos pizza tonight.....I planned for it as I really really wanted it. Had a healthy breakfast and lunch though, and did run 3K before eating the pizza. Back on the straight and narrow tomorrow

Good luck everyone

Hi everyone

I have to confess that I have eaten half of a large Dominos pizza tonight.....I planned for it as I really really wanted it. Had a healthy breakfast and lunch though, and did run 3K before eating the pizza. Back on the straight and narrow tomorrow

Good luck everyone

Good job on the run before the pizza!'

This has been one of the longest work weeks in a while!!! I can't wait to get off work this morning & relax!! My sister is coming up this weekend and so I have lots to do around the house. Hopefully it won't get out if hand, she is a big snacker!! Always been the skinny one in the family and yet she eats like a horse!!! She also loves to graze all day, I am crossing my fingers I don't get caught up in the mayhem! Lol. And it's opening weekend for football (my fav sport) and I always want to snack when the games are on! So many things stacked against me for this weekend!!! Wish me luck! :)

Hello everybody!!!:wave2: Talk about falling off the wagon! :scared1: Gained back everything I lost for the Italy trip and one extra just for good measure! But I am back with a vengeance. Helen, I will PM you my starting weight and will shoot for a 3 pound loss this month. Thank you! :love:

hello all! i'm new to this but figure since i am doing the excerise challenge, i may as well do this one too!

i didn't weigh myself this morning so i will PM a weight and my goals tomorrow morning.:goodvibes

I'm here!!!! Sorry to be so late to the party!! I will send you this past Friday's weight as my starting weight for the month, okay??

HEY FRIENDS!! So glad to have a fresh start this month with you all!......P

Hi I l'd like to join in if that's ok? Tried a BL challenge a couple of years back but didn't quite make my goal. Time for a fresh start!

You've been missed!!

So glad to see so many returning friends.... BAMB, donac... missed seeing you around here as well!

And a HUGE welcome to so many new "faces"!! :wave2:

I am off to get post a bit on the meal planning thread and then be on with my day!............P

Hi Everyone

I have waded through my PMs (remind me never to let it get to 34 unread ever again!!!) and I believe I have added everyone to post #3. Please could you each check that you are there, and PM me if you are NOT.

Next I will be updating the final results for August, so for those of you who were in, take a look later for your final colours.

It's been a bit quiet on here of late, so hopefully we can get a bit of discussion going.....

QOTD Tuesday3/Wednesday 4 September

What are your favourite, healthy, nutricious selections for:

Breakfast
Lunch
Dinner

See ya all later

Guess I'd better answer my own question!!!!

Breakfast
Lunch
Dinner

Breakfast - porridge with fresh fruit
Lunch - sometimes I really enjoy a tin of baked beans!!! (weird, but it does for me)
Dinner - homemade veggie chilli with chickpeas and bulgar wheat (my new favourite)

Breakfast -- luna bar, greek yogurt, smoothie with soymilk and fruit
Lunch -- salad topped off with nuts, meat/egg
Dinner -- meat on the grill, fresh veggies from the fruit stand

now, if i'd just eat like that everyday! :thumbsup2

workouts are going to be a stretch for me this week...i'm really run down from last week and we leave again Friday for a wedding. but I will get my dog on a walk here in a bit and make every effort to exercise tomorrow morn. I have a doc appt at 11 a.m. though. i'm in the process of listing out every med and supplement I take, and what changes I want to feel in the next 6 months and present to all my docs. time for their big brains to get it all sorted :confused3 it may be truth is...more time...bleh

hope everyone's having a great start to their week!

Breakfast
Lunch
Dinner

Breakfast - Apples and cinnamon oatmeal
Lunch - Sandwich on wheat bread with some fruit
Dinner - Grilled pork or chicken, side salad and a veggie

Breakfast
Lunch
Dinner

Here goes:

Breakfast: 1/2 cup Cheerios, 1/3 cup Uncle Sam (cereal w/flaxseed & lots of fiber), 1 sliced banana, 1/2 cup blueberries, 1/4 cup skim milk. This sounds more complicated than it is - it's my go-to breakfast most mornings, and I love it!

Lunch: Subway - 6" turkey on wheat with provolone, toasted, with lettuce, tomato, green pepper, onion, and one line of honey mustard. Baked Lays original on the side. If I'm out at lunchtime and need something I can order and count points on in my sleep, this is it!

Dinner: DH is doing more cooking, which I love. He's good at it, and he's very respectful of my desire to keep things low-WW points for me and healthy for us all. So we typically meal plan together (!), and then I do the shopping. It's a little bit of a cop-out to say that whatever he makes will be good, but most everything is! This week, I'm looking forward to grilled salmon (probably with a lemon/dill rub) and asparagus. The girls will get a rice side, and I'll skip the extra carbs in favor of a VitaTop (Chocolate Mint, mmmm) for dessert.

DDs went back to school this morning - wahoo! I work at home four days a week, and I'm looking forward to something resembling a normal schedule again. I'm still running a whole bunch - my next half marathon is a week from Saturday, ack! I'm dealing with a little bit of an achilles issue on the left side. I saw an orthopedist about it and am now doing exercises, stretches, and physical therapy. Fortunately, I can still run with it - weirdly enough, that's when it *doesn't* hurt.

So far so good this week for getting back with the healthy eating program. I definitely let the food choices slide too much this summer. Despite still getting good exercise, it just wasn't enough to counter all that relaxed eating! So I set a fairly unrealistic goal for September, if just to keep me motivated clear through to the 30th. We'll see what happens. I'm eager to rejoin the ranks of the maintainers and get this under control before our Food & Wine (and, you guessed it, Wine & Dine Half Marathon) trip in two months!

So good to be back on the challenge board, and so good to see everyone!

XO
Liz

Breakfast
Lunch
Dinner
Breakfast: banana on work days, egg whites with veggies on weekends.
Lunch: fresh fruit, cheese, salad.
Dinner: fish or baked chicken with roasted veggies (squash etc..) or grilled burger with onions (no roll) and corn on the cob.

Breakfast: usually a packet of oat meal (variety flavor) and I add a Tbsp of peanut butter and one of sugar free jelly to it. Makes it taste like a PBJ sandwich with a spoon.
Lunch: I've recently discovered wraps! I get the 90 cal Flat Outs and use lettuce, tomato, turkey bacon, a slice of thin ham or other lunch meat, a slice of low fat cheese, and a little ranch dressing. Delish!!!
Dinner: this is where my problems lie. I love to cook, so we always eat something different. But I always stick to chicken, ground turkey, tuna in water, etc. lately we've been doing a lot of soups and chili.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter