WISH Away the Pounds -- Jolly June AND JULY Challenge -- Everyone Welcome!

LOVE your trip report! I'm dying to meet Gaston!

---
Sorry I'm in and out a lot. Just a busy summer.

Yesterday I started Galloways TOT 10 Miler training program and did some gold's gym wii boxing.

This morning I did pilates since I'm going to be out the rest of the day.

Think I may pick up a bikini at the mall today to see if it'll keep me motivated to wear in August. :goodvibes I'm really gonna have to dedicate myself to the clean eating for the next two months if I want to make it, but I've seen a lot of impressive changes by going full force for even a short amount of time. Guess we'll see! Work has been helping too since I'm on my feet all day.

I am so jealous about the TOT race. I really wanted to do it, but can't imagine going without my family & we were just there in January. I hope you found a great looking bikini. That will be some definite motivation!

on a personal note - I walked yesterday - I got new sneakers, dropped off Hubs at home then headed to track even though there was this HUGE BLACK CLOUD over the school, I got out of my car and dodged the rain drops for 10 or so mins then they went away and I did 6 laps then I even jogged half of my last one... when home had dinner and went to bed LOL.. today my abs are slightly sore which I guess is good but I thought was weird since I was just walking.. Oh well tonight I start my 30 mins of core workouts .. walk, core, walk core, walk , core , REST is how I see it going each week..

It sounds like you had a good walk and are well planned for your next workout.

Off to lead my very first WW meeting of my very own! I'm nervous but excited. Apparently this location has been without a meeting leader for a few weeks now, so I figure no matter WHAT I do, I am better than nobody! :lmao:

Wish me luck and pixie dust! TTYL.....................P

How did it go? I'm sure you did great! And, I wish I could drive the 8 hours to get to your meeting!

That's the problem we have with our dog. DH is all excited that I can take Ronan out on my walks. Um, really? Between the bunnies, squirrels, and other dogs, I would have no arms left when I got back!

And, Jill, if you ever find a Pintrest Anonymous group, let me know! :)

---------------------------------------------------------

I took the plunge and got new running shoes today. They're Cinderella blue; I'm so excited!!! This is Day 4 of no sugar or pop for me, and I can't wait to put my Cinderella shoes on and start training.

What kind of dog do you have? I have an Australian Cattle Dog (Red Heeler), so she is born to herd anything and everything...including me and my kids :)
I think a lot of people need a Pinterest Anonymous group, at least a lot of my friends :lmao: I think we'd have to rent an auditorium instead of using someone's house!
What kind of running shoes did you end up with. I think I need to switch brands. I've been in Saucony for the last 3 pairs. I think I need to go back to Asics. I pronate so I need arch support like crazy!

I am so sorry that I have not been able to do replies. My Mom was hospitalized and I am with her in Seattle.

I will go ahead and post a QOTD for tomorrow and would appreciate it if someone could take my last couple of coaching days. :flower3:

QOTD Wednesday June 4, 2013 It's woo hoo Wednesday -- share your woo hoo big or small for the week! :woohoo:

Oh my goodness! I hope everything is okay. Take care of yourself and your mom.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I did it. I went back to the gym after 7 weeks off (DSs spring sports got in the way). Unfortunately, my gym is also a spa and while I was gone, they got rid of a bunch of equipment to make more room for the spa and a TATTOO ARTIST!! Grrrrr.....Luckily, I usually go to classes, so this won't effect me much, but I am so sad. I may need to find a new gym after going here since DS10 was 2 years old :(

I just wanted to do a quick check in before I go do some laundry and finish packing my kids for our vacation. I hope to check in here & there the next couple days, but I probably won't do too many replies. I'll be on my IPhone, so it's time consuming to reply and type on the tiny screen. I'll be taking my laptop on vacation, so I'll be able to check in more starting this weekend. Have a healthy night :)

Jill

What kind of dog do you have? I have an Australian Cattle Dog (Red Heeler), so she is born to herd anything and everything...including me and my kids :)
I think a lot of people need a Pinterest Anonymous group, at least a lot of my friends :lmao: I think we'd have to rent an auditorium instead of using someone's house!
What kind of running shoes did you end up with. I think I need to switch brands. I've been in Saucony for the last 3 pairs. I think I need to go back to Asics. I pronate so I need arch support like crazy!
Jill

Jill, we have a bassador. Body of a black lab, legs of a basset hound, and 65 pounds of pure muscle. He was born in the shelter, and we adopted him as a puppy. I'm not a dog person, but DH is, so I caved.

I got the Adidas Clima Aerate 1.1 Shoes. I tried on several brands, but these fit my feet the best.

Have a GREAT vacation!!!

Lisa, I hope your mom is better quickly - thinking of you!

I met my new boss today, which is a little nervewracking after having lots of independence in my current situation...but I think that actually won't change. She seems very on board with what I do and how I do it, and this reporting change is really designed to make my last boss' life easier, not to complicate mine. Here's hoping...ugh, change!

I got my training in last night on the local HS track - it was beautiful out! And today I got in a Jillian workout when I got home before DH got home with DDs from their swim lessons. Bonus. I've been bad about getting my strength training in lately, but I know it helps my running. My running plan has me going 15 miles this weekend. I've never done that before, but it's a necessary stop on the way to 26.2!

I've also been spot on with my WW points since the weekend. I had scale shock after my dad left (he was visiting us this weekend, and we ate out a LOT). So I've gone into complete detox mode - back to the points target I had when I was losing, and making sure I'm getting my exercise in. So far, so good!

DH and I have huge travel plans this fall/winter! November is Wine & Dine (and Food & Wine!), December is the podcast Adventures by Disney trip (happy 10th anniversary to us!), and January is Dopey for both of us, too. I finished booking all our flights tonight and was so psyched to be able to book our Dopey trip on our JetBlue points. Woo! Definitely makes for a happier credit card. :o

Gorgeous day here in NoVa/DC today...I love this spring/summer we're finally getting!

XO
Liz

Sent from my iPad using DISBoards

Can I join on June 7, or should I wait until next month? Last night we had chips and Coke before our run, then had donuts for dinner. :crazy2: Clearly I need some accountability in my life.

I am so sorry that I have not been able to do replies. My Mom was hospitalized and I am with her in Seattle.

I will go ahead and post a QOTD for tomorrow and would appreciate it if someone could take my last couple of coaching days. :flower3:

QOTD Wednesday June 4, 2013 It's woo hoo Wednesday -- share your woo hoo big or small for the week! :woohoo:
Lisa--I am so sorry about your Mom. Don't even think about the thread. I will be thinking positive thoughts for you.:hug:

Can I join on June 7, or should I wait until next month? Last night we had chips and Coke before our run, then had donuts for dinner. :crazy2: Clearly I need some accountability in my life.
Welcome!

I would just send in your weight today! Especially if that will help you to feel motivated. :) Even if you don't see a loss by the end of the week, you will be on the healthy road moving forward.

Off to lead my very first WW meeting of my very own! I'm nervous but excited. Apparently this location has been without a meeting leader for a few weeks now, so I figure no matter WHAT I do, I am better than nobody! :lmao:

Wish me luck and pixie dust! TTYL.....................P

No worries Pam! You will totally rock this! :cool1:

Lisa, keeping my fingers crossed for your mom!:grouphug:

Lisa, I hope your mom is better quickly - thinking of you!

I met my new boss today, which is a little nervewracking after having lots of independence in my current situation...but I think that actually won't change. She seems very on board with what I do and how I do it, and this reporting change is really designed to make my last boss' life easier, not to complicate mine. Here's hoping...ugh, change!

I got my training in last night on the local HS track - it was beautiful out! And today I got in a Jillian workout when I got home before DH got home with DDs from their swim lessons. Bonus. I've been bad about getting my strength training in lately, but I know it helps my running. My running plan has me going 15 miles this weekend. I've never done that before, but it's a necessary stop on the way to 26.2!

I've also been spot on with my WW points since the weekend. I had scale shock after my dad left (he was visiting us this weekend, and we ate out a LOT). So I've gone into complete detox mode - back to the points target I had when I was losing, and making sure I'm getting my exercise in. So far, so good!

DH and I have huge travel plans this fall/winter! November is Wine & Dine (and Food & Wine!), December is the podcast Adventures by Disney trip (happy 10th anniversary to us!), and January is Dopey for both of us, too. I finished booking all our flights tonight and was so psyched to be able to book our Dopey trip on our JetBlue points. Woo! Definitely makes for a happier credit card. :o

Gorgeous day here in NoVa/DC today...I love this spring/summer we're finally getting!

XO
Liz

I am in total awe of you Liz! :thumbsup2 I just started back running after a two month hiatus. I think part of my IT problems were caused by too far, too soon. :crazy2: So I've started back with only about 2.5 miles a few times this week, and boy are those miles tough! :scared: I think my body will remember though, and now that I'm being much more consistent with going to the chiro and doing my PT exercises, I should be just fine.::yes:: But to train for the Dopey?? WOW!!! :cheer2: Maybe you could impart some of your motivation on me at the W&D! :dance3:

QOTD: Started running again!!!! Whoop! Whoop!

OH Lisa! sending hugs and pixie dust for you and your mom!

Whoo Hoo Wednesday - I walked on Monday and I did 10 sit ups yesterday ..

Pam - Love the new update and hope your meeting went well (which I am sure it did!)

d&p - Yay for the new running shoes!

Jill - Thank you! Great job going back to the gym and hope you have a great vacation

Liz - You are doing AWESOME !!!!

I hope you don't mind if I post something sad, but today marks the 3 yr anniversary of my favorite Uncle's passing.. He was doing what he loved - driving his Stockcar at our local track when it started to rain and they decided to call it off , as he was driving to the pits when he had a heart attack and passed on the way to the hospital - it blew up on Facebook before I even know what happened.. I got a text from my Ex that said I should call my parents because he thought something bad happened to my Uncle according to facebook.. and then my Mom called (they live 2 hrs away from us) and said I should go get my grandmother who lived with my Aunt and Uncle and bring her to the local hospital - It was horrible.. My grandmother was screaming into the phone to someone - he's dead he's dead I know it why won't anyone tell me I just know it.. I had to take her phone away and help get her dressed and then field all the phone calls on the way to hospital to just confirm what she said she knew was true.. I used to live next door to my Uncle and that day I was at my old house packing up some stuff - I saw them all working on the Stockcar and just waved and drove by like I always did and have never stopped kicking myself for not just stopping and going into the garage and hugging him and saying Hi.. I miss him and I'm sorry I didn't get to say goodbye .. He was the Uncle who first brought me to Disney (that I remember - I did go in 1971 when it opened with my parents) in maybe the early 80's, I was the babysitter when the went to the Daytona 500 and for that we did a day at the Magic Kingdom (added Epcot when it open too) Love and miss you every day Uncle Bub RIP.. xoxo

A few weeks after his passing the track where he'd raced most of his life let us do a tribute - in the pits everyone was able to sign one of his hoods that my Aunt has mounted in his garage. It is a beautiful tribute to a great man

Prayers being said for you (safe travels, stress relief) and your Mom (healing and doctor's guidance). Feel free to PM if I can do anything at all to help. :hug: I'll be HAPPY to pop in for the remainder of the week to coach!

I lead my first WW meeting on my own and it was just fine (well, at least no one walked out in the middle of it :lmao: )!

L
These are mine. I got back on track today, now to just stay there!

YEAH!!!:thumbsup2

Pamela you went on Soarin' and test track without us??? :sad:

J/K I hope y'all had an amazing time, you guys look like you did. I wish we were there with you!!

We were definitely thinking of you!! We were even tempted to text you, but didn't want to rub it in!

How did it go? I'm sure you did great! And, I wish I could drive the 8 hours to get to your meeting!

Wish you could too! My folks are heading in your direction today to attend my nephew's graduation this weekend (in Morgantown). Maybe you could grab a ride up with them! :rotfl:

Funny that you say that. I thought I was a dedicated Aasics gal and even bought a pair a few weeks ago without trying on any others.... but then I went sneaker shopping with DD and tried on the Saucony's that she was buying and LOVED them.... and bought myself a pair! We wore the Saucony's for our Disney adventures and averaged about 13 miles a day... and I had NO FOOT PAIN at all at any point in time! (Can't say the same for DD, but she is such a "water creature" and isn't used to so much land-based activity.)

I did it. I went back to the gym after 7 weeks off (DSs spring sports got in the way). Unfortunately, my gym is also a spa and while I was gone, they got rid of a bunch of equipment to make more room for the spa and a TATTOO ARTIST!! Grrrrr.....Luckily, I usually go to classes, so this won't effect me much, but I am so sad. I may need to find a new gym after going here since DS10 was 2 years old :(

That is sad! I would be really disappointed to my GYM got rid of GYM equipment to make room for a tat shop!! Sounds like they are thinking with their pocketbooks only!!

I just wanted to do a quick check in before I go do some laundry and finish packing my kids for our vacation. I hope to check in here & there the next couple days, but I probably won't do too many replies. I'll be on my IPhone, so it's time consuming to reply and type on the tiny screen. I'll be taking my laptop on vacation, so I'll be able to check in more starting this weekend. Have a healthy night :)

Jill

We will miss you and will be waiting for you when you get back!

I can totally understand how you are feeling! I work best independently as well and it is hard to get a new boss/supervisor who might want to cut into that! Hopefully it all goes smoothly!:thumbsup2

WOW! That is a long run! Good luck!

Good girl!

XO
Liz

So many upcoming travel plans.... I am so jealous! With our first college bills due in July, I can see about 8-9 years of NO TRAVEL in my future! :sad2: I'll have to live vicariously through your adventures!!

WELCOME, WELCOME, WELCOME! Feel free to jump in NOW! Pop over to page 1 to read how things work here and then start chatting as you like! We are always happy to welcome a new face!!

No worries Pam! You will totally rock this! :cool1:

Thanks.... I kind of rocked it!

I am in total awe of you Liz! :thumbsup2 I just started back running after a two month hiatus. I think part of my IT problems were caused by too far, too soon. :crazy2: So I've started back with only about 2.5 miles a few times this week, and boy are those miles tough! :scared: I think my body will remember though, and now that I'm being much more consistent with going to the chiro and doing my PT exercises, I should be just fine.::yes:: But to train for the Dopey?? WOW!!! :cheer2: Maybe you could impart some of your motivation on me at the W&D! :dance3:

QOTD: Started running again!!!! Whoop! Whoop!

Awww.... you all are making me feel like I should try summer running again. Dang.... I really hate running.... but this weather lately makes me feel motivated. I'll have to give it some thought.

Whoo Hoo Wednesday - I walked on Monday and I did 10 sit ups yesterday ..

Nice job! I haven't done a sit-up in ages!;)

Pam - Love the new update and hope your meeting went well (which I am sure it did!)

Thanks!!

Okay friends... HAPPY WEDNESDAY!!! Hard to believe that the first full week of June is half over!!

First up.... today is my DD's last day of high school!!:sad: I absolutely CANNOT believe it is really here!! I am so full of mixed emotions! I can't imagine how she is feeling. I remember being elated and terrified at the same time. I suppose she is experiencing some of the same....but probably less of the elation. I HATED high school and DD has really enjoyed it. She was definitely wanting to make it special though. She got up a bit early, dressed up a bit, and made sure we took some photos. We put the "Class of '13" Mickey topper on the car (we bought it on our trip) to commemorate. I will leave it on there for the summer.

Next.... thanks for all of the prayers, PD, and good thoughts for last night's WW meeting. I think I did pretty well.... not a classic textbook perfect WW meeting, but an improvement over my training meetings last week. And this group has been without a leader for two weeks now, so they were happy to have a warm body! They were sweet and kind and polite and just the right amount of chatty! I really look forward to getting to know these folks over the summer! And the receptionist I had was WONDERFUL!! She has been doing this meeting for 12 years in this location (in a church) and really knows her stuff and the folks! She was a real blessing to me yesterday! I was there for nearly 3 hours and the time FLEW by! I think for the summer I will drag along my DS to help with chair and table set up. I will pay him for working and it will get him out of the house a bit... and it will save the receptionist and I from having to do so much dragging and lifting!

Weather is nice here today. I will hang out a load of wash, make the beds, and then do some weeding once it warms up a bit.... the bugs are still out right now. We have decided to postpone DD's graduation party until late July, as it was conflicting with too many swim meets.... so at least I can stop stressing so much about this stuff getting done immediately... and the new grass seed I spread will have more time to grow. And MAYBE I can finally stop procrastinating on calling a painter and actually get my two stairwells painted before the party!

Off to post a bit more of my trip report, check FB and email and then get to work!..................P

I hope you don't mind if I post something sad, but today marks the 3 yr anniversary of my favorite Uncle's passing.. He was doing what he loved - driving his Stockcar at our local track when it started to rain and they decided to call it off , as he was driving to the pits when he had a heart attack and passed on the way to the hospital - it blew up on Facebook before I even know what happened.. I got a text from my Ex that said I should call my parents because he thought something bad happened to my Uncle according to facebook.. and then my Mom called (they live 2 hrs away from us) and said I should go get my grandmother who lived with my Aunt and Uncle and bring her to the local hospital - It was horrible.. My grandmother was screaming into the phone to someone - he's dead he's dead I know it why won't anyone tell me I just know it.. I had to take her phone away and help get her dressed and then field all the phone calls on the way to hospital to just confirm what she said she knew was true.. I used to live next door to my Uncle and that day I was at my old house packing up some stuff - I saw them all working on the Stockcar and just waved and drove by like I always did and have never stopped kicking myself for not just stopping and going into the garage and hugging him and saying Hi.. I miss him and I'm sorry I didn't get to say goodbye .. He was the Uncle who first brought me to Disney (that I remember - I did go in 1971 when it opened with my parents) in maybe the early 80's, I was the babysitter when the went to the Daytona 500 and for that we did a day at the Magic Kingdom (added Epcot when it open too) Love and miss you every day Uncle Bub RIP.. xoxo

A few weeks after his passing the track where he'd raced most of his life let us do a tribute - in the pits everyone was able to sign one of his hoods that my Aunt has mounted in his garage. It is a beautiful tribute to a great man

Of COURSE we don't mind. Thanks for being able to share a part of your life with us. I can totally appreciate having an uncle that you are so close to. And what a wonderful tribute to him that he has a wonderful niece who thought so highly of him and who misses him so much! He must have been a terrific person. Thanks for sharing your memories with us.............P

So, here we are, back at the MK.... cleaned up and with a good caffeine buzz going!!:lmao:

ry%3D400

Time to meet some characters!! First up... Tiana and Naveen. We've been trying to meet them for a few days, but every time we showed up the line was closed... and we found out that Naveen only shows up after 5pm (when he shows up at all), so we had to time it just right. We popped in line for the 5pm meet-and-greet time with our fingers crossed that Naveen would make an appearance. And he did!! And he was fun and silly and all of those things that we might expect! Tiana was pretty and a bit sassy as well. And of COURSE, the pictures are still tied up with Photopass.... so here a cute photo of something I noticed on the gazebo where we met them.... this adorable FROG! Disney is indeed in the DETAILS!!

ry%3D400

ry%3D400

We found a Photopass guy at this point and decided to stop for some pictures. He decided it was time to do some of those photos where they add a detail after the fact.... I didn't know who/what I was kissing until I saw the photos online!

ry%3D400

And here is the Photopass guy doing DD's photo.

ry%3D400

And me.... smiling about the ??? in my hand (come to find out, it's a FROG... probably Naveen!).

ry%3D400

While we were standing there for these photos, we noticed that the show in front of the castle was going on.... and the Photopass guy suggested that if we wait a bit, we could have some photos taken when the fireworks were going off at the end of the show. We weren't going to wait, but decided "what the heck" and hung around. This guy obviously knows this show REALLY WELL and knew EXACTLY when those fireworks would go... and the pictures are AMAZING! I can't wait to get my Photopass CD and share them with you! DH actually thought that the fireworks were Photoshopped in after the fact. He was amazed to find out that the photographer was able to time it just right!

Time for a wish in the wishing well (a shame they made that a smoking area :sad2: ), some rides and shows (Laugh Floor was great!) and Mickey bar snack before heading where????? The original plan was to head back to DHS for evening EMH.... but DD was still lamenting the fact that we hadn't gotten to ride M:S while at Epcot... so we made the crazy last minute decision while at the TTC to ride the monorail into Epcot (never done that before) to ride M:S, then ride the monorail back to the TTC, grab the car, and THEN head into DHS.

This is the "how did we get HERE??" face!!

ry%3D400

And yup, we are both "orange side" riders!!
ry%3D400

So one ride on M:S and we were heading out.... but we were HUNGRY! We thought it might be best to grab dinner at Epcot, as FW was rather quiet, and then eat while we waited for the monorail. We ducked into Electric Umbrella and ordered what we thought would be a quick easy meal to grab and go.... burger for DD and veggie flatbread for myself (sans fries)... plus bottled water (easier to put in a backpack than a cup). Well... the flatbread took FOREVER... and then they offered free side of fries to compensate for the wait. I've never been one to say NO to free food, so of course, we had fries....AGAIN!! I've never worked SO HARD at avoiding fries and had SO MANY FRIES put on my plate!! :confused3 :rotfl:

We stopped at our favorite sidewalk on the way out. On our very first visit when the kids were little, we came across the light-up sidewalk unexpectedly and it was one of the highlights of DD's day. So we were excited to come across it again!

Blurry photo, but the sidewalk shows up well....
ry%3D400

Or clear photo, but the sidewalk fades into the background... and me with my flatbread in hand!!

ry%3D400

We walked quickly, eating as we went, on our way to catch the monorail. We ended up making a mad dash to catch the next monorail, barely made it on with most of our food in hand, and had to be total RULE BREAKERS by eating our dinner on the monorail while standing up, holding onto the handrails!! It was quite an adventure! I would have taken photos, but I didn't have a free hand for the camera!

Into DHS for an evening ride on TOT!! I love it when the doors open and you can see all of the lights outside!!

ry%3D400

Loving this sign.... haven't noticed it before. Wonder if it is new??

ry%3D480

We also rode RNR and Star Tours before calling it a night! There was a fun playful Cast Member in Star Tours who was interacting with DD.... so it wasn't a total shock to me that she showed up on the screen with Darth Vader calling her out as the "Rebel Spy"!! It was a totally different ride than the one earlier in the day and SO COOL! By this time the queues were definitely shorter!!

ry%3D400

We were exhausted by now, after three solid nights of 3-4 hours of sleep per night and averaging 13+ miles a day of walking in the hot sun! We left a little before EMH was over. Plus I had to do some packing up that night so we could be packed and checked out and out the door in time for rope drop at the MK the next morning.

Next up.... our last day and we're spending it at the Magic Kingdom!

We were out the door a bit later than planned (8:03 am), but there was a lot to do this morning, including fitting EVERYTHING back into the suitcases! But we did it, ate breakfast, got the suitcases into the car, drove to the TTC, rode the monorail, and were inside the gates waiting for the opening show by 8:45 am. (It always takes longer than I think it will to get to the TTC, get parked, etc.)

Our morning plan was definitely Space Mountain at least once or twice and then play it by ear a bit. We expected that the crowds would be much lower on this day, after the holiday weekend and SW weekend... and we were WRONG!!

This is the line we were in, despite being there early and heading STRAIGHT down Main Street to Sp. Mtn!! DD held our spots while I grabbed FP for later!

ry%3D400

Then time to defeat the Evil Emperor Zurg while the lines were still short. We waited about 10-15 minutes and were going to ride again, but by the time we got off the wait was over 30 minutes!
ry%3D400

My poor attempt at a selfsie photo on our "secret" path behind Space Mountain.
ry%3D400

We hadn't yet spent morning time at the new Fantasyland, so that is where we headed next! We met Ariel (again) and rode her ride (again!).

ry%3D400

We hopped into the ENORMOUS line for lunch at "Be Our Guest" with a predicted wait time of 45 minutes.... but realized that there was no way we could wait, eat, and still make it back to Sp. Mtn for our FP return time... so we ducked out of line with the option to return later if we wanted.

After riding Sp. Mtn, I was thinking about a ride on BTMRR... so we walked up to Main Street to check the wait times board. Nearly everything that we were interested in riding had a posted wait time of 45 minutes or more. We decided it was time for our last "must do" treat... a caramel apple from the Main Street Confectionary, and a ride on the WDW Railroad. Again, we were total B-A rule breakers, eating our apple on the train! :p

ry%3D400

Well.... it appears that my photos end here! I could have SWORN I took a few more as we were leaving... and I'm not sure where my lunch photos are! I'll have to finish uploading them to Shutterfly before I can finish my TR.

Okay.... next installment.... Lunch and saying good-bye to WDW!

After enjoying our caramel apple on the train, we got off in Fantasyland and happened upon these two adorable creatures near Pete's Silly Sideshow! I'm normally not a fan of clowns, but they were fun and funny!

ry%3D400

We took a walk through Adventureland because other than lunch at Peco's Bill's, we hadn't seen much of this area!

We didn't have much time left to enjoy, we weren't currently holding FP, and all of the lines seemed so long. We figured if we were going to wait in a line, it had better be for something really good. DD was really dying to try out the new Be Our Guest restaurant, so we decided to brave the current posted 45-60 minute wait! How lovely does the castle look atop the "mountain" that is the entrance to the restaurant??!!

ry%3D400

We've made it up to the gate at this point!
ry%3D400

And here we are, finally inside the building! The wait really was less than 30 minutes!! Listen carefully... some of these suits of armor talk!! I tried to take in EVERYTHING while in the queue, but was distracted by some highly "entitled" visitors who decided that the low fences around the suits of armor weren't meant for them and they just climbed over to take their pictures with the armor!! :mad:

ry%3D400

Here is the "rose" RFID scanner you take to your ordering station and then to your table.

ry%3D400

The lovely ceiling in the ballroom/dining area!! You walk into this area first and we were so enamoured by it that we didn't bother to check out other seating areas such as the West Wing!! The tables are actually marble, the chairs are wood and upholstered and you eat off REAL plates and use REAL flatware! Such a nice change from paper plates and plastic utensils!

ry%3D400

ry%3D400

ry%3D400

DD ordered this LOVELY braised pork dish.... I was jealous. I didn't make such a great decision and ordered a prime rib sandwich... and didn't see the option to opt for green beans instead of fries until it was too late. :mad: The meat was tasty and the horseradish dressing was nice, but it would have seemed "fancier" to eat a nice hot meal like DD's. That being said, the menu is NOT extensive, so my options were limited. We got a lemon meringue cupcake to share. It was nice, but nothing more special than an average cupcake.

ry%3D400

ry%3D400

After we finished eating we wandered into the West Wing to see it and take photos. It is REALLY dark in there and my photos aren't great. It was neat to see the fireplace with torn portrait over it... and the enchanted rose under the glass dome.

DD noticed a neat detail... it is SNOWING outside the windows of the ballroom! Again, hard to photograph, but a great detail!

This lovely detailed mosaic is on the way out.

ry%3D400

Of course, feeling that desperation that our vacation is ending, we continued to snap random shots around the park as we were heading to Main Street to do our final shopping.....

ry%3D400

And we were starting to see the first rain clouds of our entire visit.

ry%3D400

And we had our only rain while we were inside the Confectionary, buying treats to bring home to friends. It really only lasted about 5-10 minutes.... just enough to clear folks off of Main Street who had been awaiting the 3pm parade... and to delay the parade!

ry%3D400

The parade started about 3:09pm, but it started raining/sprinkling again during the parade.... just about the time that the stepsisters (from Cinderella) were in front of us (we were watching from the second level of the train station, to expedite our departure after the parade ended). They acted it up really well, being totally annoyed by the sprinkles!

The most exciting part of the parade was the fact that Prince Naveen TOTALLY recognized us from the previous day, gesturing and indicating that he knew us! Of course, how could he miss us.... two blonde girls in matching t-shirts, waving and yelling like crazy!! :rotfl: However, I was so excited and busy waving, that I missed the moment on camera. DD did catch a bit of it on iPod video though!

Grabbed the required "front of the park" photo on our way out....by this time I was holding back tears.

ry%3D400

Two happy but tired ladies on their flight home. I was asleep before take-off! DD was "kind" enough to take some selfsies with her iPod of me sleeping on her shoulder, but I will spare you those photos!

ry%3D400

And so it ends.... our second and probably LAST Mother/Daughter Disney trip for many years to come. I know the saying of "Don't cry because it over... smile because it happened." But I can't help being so sad that that part of our life is over! That was our last Mother/Daughter trip before she is a high school graduate, an adult, a college student....:sad:

Thanks for taking the time to follow along on this "not-so-mini" trip report! I will share a few more of the better photos once my Photopass CD is in my hands!......................P

Pam loved loved LOVED your report and so glad you had that one last trip before she is off on her new adventure... something you'll both cherish FOREVER! (ps I have the Mickey T from Old Navy on your HS day! altho mine is getting big at this point - I'll have to go buy another!)

And thanks for the kind words.. he was a great guy and very much missed by all that knew him..

Pam loved loved LOVED your report and so glad you had that one last trip before she is off on her new adventure... something you'll both cherish FOREVER! (ps I have the Mickey T from Old Navy on your HS day! altho mine is getting big at this point - I'll have to go buy another!)

Thanks! And I LOVE that I can find Disney t-shirts on the cheap at places like Old Navy! I thought that t-shirt was perfect and so classic! It is so hard to find t-shirts that we BOTH like and that fit us both well... DD is so broad in the shoulders from swimming, but when it fits her shoulders it is often baggy around the mid-section. She definitely needs something that is cut just right or has just the right amount of stretch. And I am bustier than she is, but smaller around the middle..... anyhow.. it is just hard! I was thrilled to find these shirts this time around. The pink print we wore to AK on the first full day was something I grabbed at Marshall's that we both just fell in love with! Pink is our "signature" color and I thought that the print looked exotic enough to blend well with an AK day!

And thanks for the kind words.. he was a great guy and very much missed by all that knew him..

I hope someday one of my nieces or nephews remembers me so fondly!.....P

I think Jillian Michaels is out to kill me!! She's a big meanie head!!

I got one day into 30 day shred yesterday. I could not do it today because DS16 was in his room and that's the only place big enough to do the video. But, I don't think I could have managed even if I tried. My lats, abs, and the fronts of my thighs hurt so bad I can't take a deep breath or climb stairs well. DD tried to plop into my lap to sit with me and I about came out of the chair.

I hope to squeeze in enough time so she can beat me again tomorrow. Lol

Sent from my iPhone using DISboards

Sorry everyone that I have been so absent!!! Work is horrible right now - and I am going to be away this weekend!

:welcome: to all the newcomers, I did get quite a few PMs from new people! I will try to add everyone to the first page tonight, just in time for the first weigh in tomorrow!!!

Buffy, I had the same issue after my first ever Jillian Michael workout. I was sore for days... But at that time I had not started, just tried it out with the free youtube video and then was away for the weekend. I think that this was good as it let me heal. And the soreness never came back after I started for real. So, maybe just give yourself a rest and then start fresh!

And I thought, I throw in a QOTD:

Here it seems that summer is finally starting. Is there anything about summer which you think can help your weight loss?

Well hello everyone. Haven't had time to read the posts yet, but I'm going home today, so will have a good read tomorrow.
Just wanted to let you all know that I've done really well with food choices, and in terms of exercise I have walked/jogged a total of 29.16 miles in 6 days. Will see what the scales say tomorrow!!!
Looking forward to coaching this coming week.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!