WISH Away the Pounds--January 2013 challenge--Everyone Welcome!

Discussion in 'W.I.S.H' started by Rose&Mike, Dec 28, 2012.

1. fitgirl36

fitgirl36 DIS Veteran

Good morning!

I treadmilled this morning and now have to go get ready for work, but I thought I would check in.

QOTD Jan 2: I weigh myself every morning. Well with the exception of over the holidays,I ignored the scale! :eek:

My positive for today, I got up bright and early at 4:30am so I could get my workout in for the day, I really do prefer to get it over with in the morning although it is soooo early!

Jill, I saw your post about where you live, I have friends in the Hubbard and Cortland areas of Ohio. Are you anywhere near Kranyak's? We've been there a few times during past Christmas seasons. :)

2. Avatar

Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide this advert.
  3. Rose&Mike

Rose&Mike DIS Veteran

Good morning! I updated the first post.
    Please take a second and make sure your name is there. I entered 46 people over the last two days and want to make sure every one who pm'd me is there. It is not too late to join. Just send me a pm with your starting weight and goal for the month.
    :)

I weigh every single day unless we are traveling. Morning and Night. Is that too much? Maybe--the night part at least. But it truly keeps me on track. I understand that there are fluctuations. I now know that after a long run (10 miles or more) I will probably be up for a couple of days, among other things.

I have found that if I don't weigh every day I get complacent. I need the reminder to keep toeing the line and to keep my eye on my goals.:goodvibes It works for me, but it may not work for you. Everyone is different in what they feel comfortable with.

Positive for the day: I am good at my job, even though I got here in a very round about way. I handle all the incoming donations for the non-profit I work for and manage the donor database. My degree is in social work but I have not worked as a social worker since my son was little. I am not a numbers person, but I love excel, so this job works for me since it involves managing lots of data. :)

Welcome to all the new folks! We are happy to have you.

The next couple of days are going to be a little crazy for me. I have been off since December 20, and I know I am going back to a bunch of end of the year donations. Which is awesome, but will make me a little crazy for a bit. :)

I am headed to the gym after work for a 50 min strength class and to run my mile for the day. I will try to pop in tonight, but if I don't, have a great Wednesday! :)

4. Rose&Mike

Rose&Mike DIS Veteran

I still need one coach for January:

January 18-24

If you are interested, please let me know. Coaches check in on the thread. Comment on how folks are doing and ask a question of the day. It's a lot of fun and folks find they usually lose a bunch that week because they are pretty focused on healthy living.

Please send me a PM if you are interested.

5. Desiree

Desiree <font color=purple>BL II - Purple Team<br><font co

Oh gosh I know I shouldn't, but I weigh in every day. As soon as I wake up and right after the first morning bathroom visit.

Hmm.. I've discovered doing all this that I'm a lot stronger than I give myself credit for. I'm willing to push just a little bit more.

6. coffeecassie

coffeecassie Earning My Ears

I only weigh in when I'm feeling heavier or more slender than usual, but my weight usually stays in a 5lb +/- range.
    Positive- I am a good Mom, and my daughter is safe and loved at our house!

7. pix13dust

pix13dust DIS Veteran

QOTD:

I usually weigh myself twice a week, just to make sure I'm on track :)

One positive: I decided to exercise everyday this month and so far I'm right on track, lol ! Im off to yoga tonight.

8. dumbo_buddy

dumbo_buddy DIS Veteran

good morning all!!

i weigh myself every day. i don't care what they say about only weighing in once a week. i have to do it everyday. i need to see the damage after a day of binging (ugh, like i did yesterday) so that i know to pull in the reigns. if i skip the scale because i think, "oh it will be bad, i don't even want to look" then that will lead to two days of skipping...then three and so on. and that's part of what lead to a 40lb weight gain a few years ago :faint:

i think if you weigh yourself often but understand that you will fluctuate then it's ok. the point is to trend down though :)

have a wonderful and healthy day everyone!

9. leeandstacismom

leeandstacismom Mouseketeer

I try and weigh myself everyday. It keeps me honest as to my eating. My positive for the day, I am down on pound from yesterday :) now I just need to make it stick.

I am glad this challenge is going on. I need to be more accountable.

Thanks again to Rose and Mike for hosting this.

10. Greenfield1984

Greenfield1984 DIS Veteran

Good morning everyone!

QOTD Jan 2: I weigh myself everyday. I would like to only weigh myself every few days but just can't help myself... It's a goal to work towards!

Positive: I have gorgeous red hair :)

11. Bnb0627

Bnb0627 Mouseketeer

Hi i am 29 yrs old married for 10.5 yrs with two beautiful daughters 8 & 9. I am a critical care technician in a trauma center and have been trying to finish up my pre-requisites for nursing school. No school this semester though as I have a Disney trip in May!!!

So in 2011 I lost 37lbs in about 3 months. 2012 gained most of it back. The weight makes such a difference in how I feel. With the weight back on I feel tired all the time and my winter depression is about to kick in so I need to do something! As of today my starting weight is 194. My overall goal weight is 130. My January goal is 12lbs. I probably shouldn't set such high goals but I tend to procrastinate and if I set a low goal I will sit around and not do a thing till the last two weeks!

I plan to cut out breads and pastas, soda and junk food. I will eat mostly meats, fruits and vegetables. I will force myself to drink lots of water (even though I hate plain water) and all other drinks will be diet.

Exercise: not sure yet. I usually make up my own routines. I do have P90X sitting in a box at home but don't if I have an hour a day to do it.

QOTD: I will be getting on the scale every morning and night. It keeps me on track and motivated.

Positive: A coworker brought in a box of donuts to work this morning and offered me one and I said NO thank you! Lol silly I know but I have to acknowledge it to keep myself going. I also used sweetener instead of sugar in my coffee, ewwww.

12. Flossbolna

Flossbolna Sea days are just so relaxing!

Happy New Year everyone!

I had no idea that this started already in the old year - but I am very happy that I made it here just in time. I really like the idea of the one month challenges. One of my problems is losing steam after a while and I think setting a new goal at the beginning of each months will be great in giving me a new motivatio boost!

My name is Magdalene, I am in the slightly overweight category (at the moment my BMI is 26.6 thanks to Christmas cookies). I lost about 25 pounds 5 years ago and since then have struggled to maintain around the 25 BMI and ideally want to get lower than that. At the moment my biggest motivation is that I will be going on my first Disney cruise (and first cruise in general) in late spring and I really want to look good for that!!! I know that if I keep to an exercise schedule and keep tracking my food, I can make a difference between now and the cruise. But I really need to stay focused!!

A fun fact about me: I am from Germany - so might seem to be posting at strange times of the day. :goodvibes

On the QOTD from today: I am really happy to see that there are so many more who weigh themselves daily. I do that as well and I find with knowing that the weight fluctuates I am doing much better with the constant reminder than without.

13. Melissahac99

Melissahac99 Earning My Ears

Originally Posted by Rose&Mike
    Posting early, since I really need to get to work on time and I think I will run in the morning.

QOTD Wednesday, January 2, 2013

How often do you weigh/ get on the scale?

And you know it's coming--say something positive about yourself.

At my heaviest i hardly ever weighed myself. since being more aware, I normally weigh myself about once a week. With this new diet/exercise plan ill probably weigh in everyday.

Positive? I have lost about 30 lb from my highest weight without a lot of consistency. I know I can lose more with consistent good food choices and exercises. I am worth it!

14. Greenfield1984

Just want to say that I love that you're a positive person! I am constantly trying to remind myself to have that kind of frame of mind but I have a hard time with it. It's one of my resolutions to be more positive and appreciative for the amazing life I have :)

15. Greenfield1984

Wow, good job getting up at 4:30 to work out! I might have to start doing that because I find I'm so exhausted after putting the kids to bed its hard to get motivated to work out instead of laying down and watching a movie. That's hard to so though, so congrats!

16. lisah0711

lisah0711 <font color=red>♥ <font color=royalblue>her Disney

It's so fun to see some old friends and new friends all ready to rock n' roll in the New Year! :rockband:

I'm Lisa. :wave2: I'm 52 and have a wonderful DH and 13 year old DS. I love these challenges. WISH has helped me to do things I would never have dreamed were possible. :love: I grew up in Anaheim and used to work at Disneyland -- I sewed the names on the Mickey Mouse ears. :earsboy:

I am a optimist and like to look at the bright side of things. :hippie:

I weigh myself every day. It's a lifelong habit. I don't get excited about daily fluctuations but it is very helpful to reign myself in and give me feedback on what works and what doesn't work. We are all different so I think the important thing is to figure out what works for you. :hippie:

I persevere even when I feel :eek:

I can switch coaching weeks and take this week if the last week of January works better for someone. Also I will have four weeks in February where we will need coaches if anyone would prefer a week in February. Please let me know. It is a lot of fun and Rose is correct a lot of our coaches report good losses the week that they coach.

Have a great day all! :goodvibes

17. ColoradoLime

ColoradoLime Pure Disney Lover

Morning all!

1. In the past I've been a chronic scale hopper and stepped on it everyday. I'm trying to break that habit and get back to once a week. But even as I type this I can hear the scale calling my name...

2. I'm happy today!!! :)

18. ColoradoLime

ColoradoLime Pure Disney Lover

I just sent her a PM. I can do this. The week doesn't matter to me. :)

19. helloirishkitty

helloirishkitty DIS Veteran

Running is so awesome, but running in the winter stinks. 30lbs is awesome!!

Add me to the barely can stay up past midnight club, I haven't stayed up that late in a long time before NYE. GF champagne cupcakes sound to die for- I am very recently GF and it's been one of the best things to ever happen to me :)

I am new here too but seems to supportive already. I'm sure you'll be down those 50lbs by the end of 2013, I have that many (and more) to lose too.

8lbs is ambitious but totally doable. I am also entering the year the heaviest I've EVER been so you are not alone :)

Jan 25th is soo soon, how awesome! We will be there then, I hear it's a wonderful time to go.

Wow, I'm so sore after exercising for one day that I can definitely not do it the next. That's awesome!

QUOTE=Tinker'n'Fun;47047596]:yay: Time for my official hello. I am going to lay in on the line, may be a bit longer, but it makes me feel more accountable.

I am a 46 year old SAHDM (stay at home disabled mom).

I am married to the most understanding wonderful man I know. We have been married almost 22 years. We have two children a daughter 20 and a son 17. Contrary to some, we actually have a great life and we don't try to take anything for granted. I usually try to not post too much about them, but it is hard since I love them all to pieces.

About my disability. I have been sick for around 15 years and have been on disability for around 10. In a period of a few years I was diagnosed with Hashimoto's Thyroiditis, lost my thyroid, had my gallbladder removed, was in a serious car accident that caused major injuries in my neck and lower back. I never really thought I was sick as I was but I finally broke down and cried when my disability (permanent) went through in less than 3 months and it was no questions asked. Only people who are dying usually get approved that quick. BAM! It hit me.

So over those years I have slowly settled into my diagnoses and became sedentary and fat. I can walk and do yoga, but for now not much more. As the weight crept on my ability to take care of the family declined.

My goal is to get back to my "healthy". Over this year I would like to lose the weight the doctor and I agreed was good for me.

I really look forward to being a part of this group and hope that I can be optimistic and helpful for everyone, including myself. Okay, I will shut up now! Diane.[/QUOTE]

Healthy is the most important thing, way more important than sizes or scales. We're going to have a wonderful year.

I love this app! I find that having to track everything I put in my mouth makes me so much more accountable. Plus, at the end of the day it tells you how much you would weigh in five weeks if every day was like that day. I think that's my favorite part.

20. Bnb0627

Bnb0627 Mouseketeer

I just put the My Fitness Pal app on my phone after reading about it here!!!! It looks so easy I'm excited to use it so thank you for posting about it!!!!!

21. helloirishkitty

helloirishkitty DIS Veteran

A disney cruise is awesome motivation!!

I'm jealous of your red hair. My husband and son have gorgeous red hair, I am so jealous of it.

I also need to do it everday. It's almost motivating to want to see it go down every morning :)

Ooo I love yoga. But I need to do Bikram... I like it slow and hot :rotfl: