WISH Away the Pounds--January 2013 challenge--Everyone Welcome!

QUESTION OF THE DAY - TUESDAY, JANUARY 22:

What new habits have you formed, or are planning on forming, to help you reach your weight loss goals?

Bonus QOTD (because ppl are already talking about it): What's the weather like where you live?

I've started planning out a weeks shopping at a time, instead of calling in every other day or so - helps me stay focussed and I waste a lot less food. I've started drinking fruit infusions (tea with no tea haha) instead of so much fizz.

Weather wise - cold 0degreesC with snow, slush and other yukky stuff. Having to wear walking boots for work as roads are wet and slippy. Looks like it'll be this way for another week or so,

What new habits have you formed, or are planning on forming, to help you reach your weight loss goals?

Bonus QOTD (because ppl are already talking about it): What's the weather like where you live?

I've started planning out a weeks shopping at a time, instead of calling in every other day or so - helps me stay focussed and I waste a lot less food. I've started drinking fruit infusions (tea with no tea haha) instead of so much fizz.

Weather wise - cold 0degreesC with snow, slush and other yukky stuff. Having to wear walking boots for work as roads are wet and slippy. Looks like it'll be this way for another week or so,

Hearing about everyone else's crappy weather has helped me lol. It's still cold here but with promise of getting above freezing anyway.

I guess my plan this time will be portion control. It's really hard because I just don't think about it and it just seems smaller until you start eating. That and eating more veggies at night for snacks I think will work.
I'm still dizzy but I think that will just take awhile to go away, gonna go work out today-- that'll make me feel better.

My husband just brought home an abandoned angel. Really just a stunningly beautiful long haired calico, just a kitten still although fully grown. They think she'd been abandoned about a week and she's very thin--weighs nothing, sweet as pie. She's eating some tuna with gusto as we speak in our spare bedroom. Have to think of a name....

QOTD:

New habits I have formed so far: eat more protein, less carbs. I still eat lots of carbs, I don't stay away from pasta, rice, bread and potatoes. But I know that I do need my protein as well. I know that if I eat a balanced diet I feel better and my weight loss is far more efficient.

New habits I am planning to form: plan more meals ahead of time and stick to my plans. The last part is really what prevents me from planning too much. Even though I figured out that I think I plan more than I think. I only have to take care of myself, not a whole family. So what I usually do is to have the ingredients for a few standard healthy dinners in the house, so I can choose which of these I want to eat when I get home. I think I will try to expand on that over the next few months and actually come up with some kind of a plan ahead of time. The problem is just that if I have food at home, I might end up eating it all at once. Hence I tend to do a lot of "just in time" shopping - which then again brings the danger of going to a supermarket hungry with it.... So this is the area that I need to work on!

Bonus QOTD: winter weather - we had quite a bit of snow end of last week. Today it suddenly got a little bit warmer and it started to melt somewhat. I would prefer the snow to go away as it does not make running any easier...

It's FREEZING here! High of 9 degrees today. My face actually froze walking into work this morning. It's still trying to thaw out. My exercise plan for the day is 3 30 minute walks- just to keep warm and keep my blood moving. Hope everyone is staying warm! Have a great day!

Brrrr! :cold: Good plan to keep moving and stay warm!

Good morning all!:wave2:

Last night I made a "low fat tuna casserole". Threw it together using fat free milk and low fat ingredients. It really felt indulgent to us...;)

I have not calculated the pasta calories but I did use an enriched pasta with omega 3's and other things.

I am going to use the technique of making the sauce on au gratin potatoes next. It was pretty easy.

I made a roux with 2tbsp margarine, 2tbsp flour, whisk, add in 2 cups fat free milk gradually, 1 can 98% fat free soup, add frozen peas, carrots, tuna or whatever you want to add or subtract.

I did add some grated shredded mozzarella on top, oh yummy. That was our big sat fat grams. I spent it on good cheese.

Sounds yummy and probably makes some great leftovers! ::yes::

Yes, the sunshine makes everything better for sure! :sunny:

I am really focusing on my eating right now. I've probably been eating a more balanced diet in the last few days than I have in awhile. So far, so good. I need to work more on planning ahead -- about 1 day ahead seems to be all I can manage for now. :rotfl:

Weather: we have been in a big freeze for the past week. Very cold and gray -- the trees are coated in frost which is very pretty but the air stagnation is not so pretty. A little front is coming through and it is supposed to snow a bit. I'll be glad to have the wind stir things up a bit. :teeth:

Like you, I have completely stopped drinking soda, even diet. After reading about the chemicals it takes to make them, YIKES!!:crazy2::scared1: And since I have another Half Marathon coming up soon and hope to eventually cross a full off my bucket list ::yes::, the more pounds I lose, the less I have to carry over all those miles :thumbsup2.

As for the weather, it's currently a chilly :rotfl2: 69 degrees and mostly sunny. Perfect for a lunchtime walk minus the sweat.:cool1: The humidity is finally coming down as well, which makes this Disney Dork a very happy girl!:banana:

Great weather you are having! :beach:

Brrrr! More cold weather. :cold:

My husband just brought home an abandoned angel. Really just a stunningly beautiful long haired calico, just a kitten still although fully grown. They think she'd been abandoned about a week and she's very thin--weighs nothing, sweet as pie. She's eating some tuna with gusto as we speak in our spare bedroom. Have to think of a name....

Hope you are feeling better soon, Susan. :flower3: Bless your sweet little kitty's heart it is so cold here right now. :cat:

New habits I am planning to form: plan more meals ahead of time and stick to my plans. The last part is really what prevents me from planning too much. Even though I figured out that I think I plan more than I think. I only have to take care of myself, not a whole family. So what I usually do is to have the ingredients for a few standard healthy dinners in the house, so I can choose which of these I want to eat when I get home. I think I will try to expand on that over the next few months and actually come up with some kind of a plan ahead of time. The problem is just that if I have food at home, I might end up eating it all at once. Hence I tend to do a lot of "just in time" shopping - which then again brings the danger of going to a supermarket hungry with it.... So this is the area that I need to work on!

Bonus QOTD: winter weather - we had quite a bit of snow end of last week. Today it suddenly got a little bit warmer and it started to melt somewhat. I would prefer the snow to go away as it does not make running any easier...

Have you ever tried Yak Trax for running in the snow and ice? They are supposed to work great. :goodvibes

Pamela, I will let you know how I like the Activelink. I'm in the assessment phase right now so I don't get all the cool information I will when that is done. It is telling me what I pretty much already know that I need to move more during work hours instead of spending so much time doing this. :surfweb:

I am so happy that I registered for the Dumbo Double Dare at WDW since it sold out in record time today. :dumbo: I have a little racing hiatus for the next three months so I am looking forward to doing some other things besides running.

Have a great day all! :goodvibes

QOTD?

I am really making an effort to eat more fruit, veggies, and watch sat fat everyday. Today I am dropping reg. soda.

I am planning on more exercise when I am able.

In addition, I need a substitute for my coffee. I went from half and half to Coffeemate. I use too much to continue to use that, too much sat fat.

I have fat free milk I am trying out. So far hate that. Maybe if I heat up the milk?:scratchin

What is the weather like? Cold, around 21 right now.

Qotd

Im trying to track everything i eat. Exercise right now is tough because of the weather, which is single digits right now with snow on the ground.

New habits....hmmmmm. Most of my "newer habits" were formed over the past few years, so hard to remember specifics, but the newest "thing" that I am thinking of changing is my calorie distribution. I eat too few of my calories in the morning (although i NEVER skip breakfast) and too many of them in the evening. That will be a rough change, but I've been thinking about this for a while. For that matter, even if I did a more even distribution throughout the day (5 Points for each meal plus 1-2 for each of 2-3 snacks) would be an improvement.

Weather here today...pretty cold mid-teens for a good part of the day, predicted to be in the single digits later in the week. Last night storm was a non-event, but there is some snow predicted for Friday night. But I've seen it worse...at least we had some sunshine today. Last week the temps were milder but it was grey and cloudy and foggy a good part of the week.:

Hearing about everyone else's crappy weather has helped me lol. It's still cold here but with promise of getting above freezing anyway.

I guess my plan this time will be portion control. It's really hard because I just don't think about it and it just seems smaller until you start eating. That and eating more veggies at night for snacks I think will work.
I'm still dizzy but I think that will just take awhile to go away, gonna go work out today-- that'll make me feel better.

She sounds adorable! These kitties are so lucky to find you! How about Patches? Or Callie (because she's a calico)?

Hope the dizziness is improving daily!

Brrrr! :cold: Good plan to keep moving and stay warm!

Sounds yummy and probably makes some great leftovers! ::yes::

Yes, the sunshine makes everything better for sure! :sunny:

I am really focusing on my eating right now. I've probably been eating a more balanced diet in the last few days than I have in awhile. So far, so good. I need to work more on planning ahead -- about 1 day ahead seems to be all I can manage for now. :rotfl:

Weather: we have been in a big freeze for the past week. Very cold and gray -- the trees are coated in frost which is very pretty but the air stagnation is not so pretty. A little front is coming through and it is supposed to snow a bit. I'll be glad to have the wind stir things up a bit. :teeth:

Great weather you are having! :beach:

Brrrr! More cold weather. :cold:

Hope you are feeling better soon, Susan. :flower3: Bless your sweet little kitty's heart it is so cold here right now. :cat:

Have you ever tried Yak Trax for running in the snow and ice? They are supposed to work great. :goodvibes

Pamela, I will let you know how I like the Activelink. I'm in the assessment phase right now so I don't get all the cool information I will when that is done. It is telling me what I pretty much already know that I need to move more during work hours instead of spending so much time doing this. :surfweb:

I am so happy that I registered for the Dumbo Double Dare at WDW since it sold out in record time today. :dumbo: I have a little racing hiatus for the next three months so I am looking forward to doing some other things besides running.

Have a great day all! :goodvibes

Even planning just one day ahead is still planning! Stick with what is working for you!

With our crazy schedule lately I can't even plan a full week at a time, so I am trying to be content with just planning a few days at a time...a far cry from just a few years ago when I was planning months at a time! But we still eat balanced home cooked meals without causing me too much stress..and that is the goal!

QOTD?

I am really making an effort to eat more fruit, veggies, and watch sat fat everyday. Today I am dropping reg. soda.

In addition, I need a substitute for my coffee. I went from half and half to Coffeemate. I use too much to continue to use that, too much sat fat.

I have fat free milk I am trying out. So far hate that. Maybe if I heat up the milk?:scratchin

Changing the morning coffee routine is hard for so many of us! Try switching to 2% milk for a while and then 1% when you think you are ready. Or even give fat free evaporated milk a try! You really can learn to like it without cream...I promise!

Evening all! Another day with a slightly reduced level of craziness, since DD is skipping swim to study for midterms. The beef stew in the crockpot was absolutely delicious and so, so easy! I enjoyed my portion meatless and ladled the veggies and broth over kidney beans (for many reasons) and it was perfect!
As usual, I had to use a careful hand when dishing it up (no potato for DH, no carrots for the kiddos, and no meat for me) but we all enjoyed the meal. DS had a huge bowl of broccoli instead of the carrots and celery in the stew.

Bible study this morning was great! So glad I went.

Off to fold laundry and watch my newest favorite TV series that I found on Netflix, "Downton Abbey".

I'll be back in the morning to chat! .............P

The Mystery Machine said:
QOTD?

Here's a yummy creamer substitute from Pintrest. I don't use the xanthan gum, the creamer tastes great, just not as thick.

Clean Eating Coffee Creamer
makes 5 generous (1/4 cup servings)

Ingredients:
1 1/4 cup soy milk (or almond milk, or even milk I am guessing)
3 tsp of pure vanilla extract
1/2 tsp of extract of your choice (see note)
2 tbsp of honey (I may do this a little less next time)
1/2 tsp of xanthan gum (I actually left this out, it's to thicken it)

Flavor options: extra vanilla extract, almond extract, orange extract or any other extract as long as it's clean.

Directions:

1) in a blender mix all ingredients until well blended.

2) Pour in a container of choice (I found my italian dressing bottle fit it perfect, yes it was cleaned REALLY well) and keep it in the fridge.

VERDICT: well I dumped the container of coffee mate down the drain...This was really good. I used almond milk and all vanilla extract and it taste like the sweet cream creamer I had in the fridge...oh and a major plus, it's lower in calories than the stuff you buy in the store. The stuff I had was like 50 calories per 1 tbsp (and let's face it if you want creamer usually you don't use just 1 tbsp) and this is like 50 calories for 1/4 cup...

Well it was bound to happen :(

Was finally able to tolerate food today and I have eaten so much I am ready to puke!!!!

Was finally able to tolerate food today and I have eaten so much I am ready to puke!!!!
Jen--cut yourself a little slack. :hug: You have had a rough start to the year. I know I would be very unhappy if I was nursing a broken arm and dealing with everything that goes along with it. Jump back on the wagon tomorrow. :)

Lisah--congrats on signing up for the Dumbo Double Dare. Good thing you did it at WDW. It really sold out quick!

It was 16 degrees when I went to work and 21 when I came home today. A little chilly for around here and we aren't liking it too much.

I ran 4 miles at home on the tm because I ended up staying at work too long. I much prefer the Y. Much easier to tune things out.

Hope everyone is having a great Tuesday! Time for dinner. :)

Hello old friends,

Stopping in to say hi and to let you know that I'm still alive and kicking! I'm playing on joining the February Challenge! Life has been crazy! I miss my time on the WISH boards and plan on getting back with it for February!

Started training for my 5Ks today! I got a treadmill last week as my beloved elliptical finally bit the dust! Doing my local 5K in September and then doing the Jingle Jungle at AK in November! Got an adults only weekend planned for this one! Just gotta set up coverage for the kids that weekend! Hoping to do 6 5Ks this year! Just a number I picked!

See you all soon back on the boards!

TTFN :tigger:

This sounds so good! I might swing by the store and grab the ingredients today! How do you think it would be with some extra veggies? Maybe celery, carrots, onions? I might give it a try! Thanks for sharing!
I think that would be wonderful. The original recipe I adapted it from didn't include the broccoli but I added it as the side the first time I made it and we all thought it was great mixed in. I think most veggies would be great-- I should try zucchini as it is one of my favorites.

COLD!!!!! :cold: Really, really :cold:

I gave up soda 2 years ago and have hit the water hard! I don't leave the house without my water bottle, and in fact it is pretty much by my side 24 hours a day. I sleep with it next to my bed. Also just making more conscious decisions about what I am going to eat and how it will affect the rest of the meals for the day or even the week.

Here's a yummy creamer substitute from Pintrest. I don't use the xanthan gum, the creamer tastes great, just not as thick.

Ingredients:

Flavor options: extra vanilla extract, almond extract, orange extract or any other extract as long as it's clean.

Directions:

2) Pour in a container of choice (I found my italian dressing bottle fit it perfect, yes it was cleaned REALLY well) and keep it in the fridge.

VERDICT: well I dumped the container of coffee mate down the drain...This was really good. I used almond milk and all vanilla extract and it taste like the sweet cream creamer I had in the fridge...oh and a major plus, it's lower in calories than the stuff you buy in the store. The stuff I had was like 50 calories per 1 tbsp (and let's face it if you want creamer usually you don't use just 1 tbsp) and this is like 50 calories for 1/4 cup...

OMG!! I so NEED this! I was just thinking last night that I need to find something else to put in my coffee. I love unsweetened Vanilla Almond Milk so I need to try this. I have been mixing my favorite ID French Vanilla Creamer with low fat regular creamer to try to mitigate the fat and calories somewhat but it just isn't that great.

:hug: How is your arm feeling?
Tomorrow is a new day. You had a day to indulge so tomorrow you can get back on that healthy eating track and make great choices.

:wave2:
Great day at work. My kids only had a half day of school but I had a full day. Since no one was waiting for me at the end of the day I decided to walk around the halls and up and down the stairs after work and get some exercise. Usually one or more of my kids are there and waiting for me to take them home. It was great to have a place to walk and not freeze! I am going to try to do that again the rest of the week. My feet are sore but I sit on my butt all day so I really need to move when I can.

I opened my My Fitness Pal account back up. I. HATE. TRACKING. !!! It is such a pain in the you know where. But I haven't made any progress since the beginning of the month and since I also have the fitbit maybe they will help me to see where I am having problems.

My "newly found habit" is tracking my food again. When I track I usually lose.

Bonus: It is COLD here! We have a 2 hour delay tomorrow due to the cold. I think the wind child is -10 ... blah. My fellow reading teacher just emailed me to say her stomach isn't feeling well and is not sure if she will be in school tomorrow. She has car drop off duty and asked if I could do it if she is out. :scared1: I said yes, but she is going to have to owe me a beer or two one day!

Good morning everyone!!

I think I may have mentioned this before, but the one habit I've developed is that I no longer drink my calories. I primarily drink water or decaf iced tea, with the occassional glass of milk. It's amazing how much more food you can eat when you aren't consuming 200 - 300 calories in liquid with each meal.

For as long as I've lived in Denver, I'm always amazed at the perception people have of our winters here. I guess because there are mountains in Colorado, people think that must mean the entire state is in the mountains and we have perpetual snow. So I'm here to tell you all our little secret - our winters are FABULOUS! Today we have "abundant sunshine" and we'll get to a high of 65 degrees. Tomorrow we'll be close to 70! :beach: This is fairly typical in January. In fact it is one of the reasons why we got married in January, it's just such a great time of year!!

We've certainly had our fair share of cold - it was in the single digits just a week or so ago. But we always have sunshine and that makes everything a bit better. ::yes::

AHHHH! I really thought it was snowy and cold there too! Now I know why my 2 BILs live out there. And it is sunny. Here in the 'Burg we usually only see sunshine for 5 days in a row in July!

Ingredients:

Directions:

I will be making this over the weekend. I love my coffee (it is the only thing I won't give up or alter). I use half and half and sugar which uses a lot of calories. I am hoping this can take its place. Thank you for posting!

Hi everyone! I've been lurking around.

This weekend I got REALLY sick (ruined my long weekend! :sad: ).

Work today was horrible, because I was so tired and congested. And it was a shame because I started two new classes with new students and I like to give a good first impression. But today I know I just seemed tired and out of it. By 9th period I was just ready to pass out!

Anyways, I've been happy with my progress this month. I forgot to PM on Sunday though (doh!).

I hope everyone is doing well and staying happy and healthy.

I have a major WDW trip in June, and that is a big motivator to me. The healthier I am (and lighter!), the better my trip will be! If you've been to Disney heavier than you want, you know what I'm talking about.

Thanks for the tip! I will have to look into this.

At the moment it seems like the snow has melted enough that the sidewalks are free. I even went for a short run yesterday - meant to run longer but got a hunger attack. I was afraid that would happen as I only had a salad for lunch, but did not want to spend the calories on a snack. Well, at least I did get 12 minutes of exercise (in addition to my regular 40 minute walk to and back from work). As soon as I got home and had something for dinner after that short run, I packed my gym bag - including a snack - to take to work with me today. I am planning to see how the weather is going to be tonight. If it is ok for running, I leave the gym bag at work, go for a run today and go to the gym tomorrow to do some weights. If it is horrible outside, I go to the gym to use the horrible treadmill and do the weights...

The scale hates me this week - but I just keep telling myself that it is due to TOM. And it is still a few days until my official weigh in day on Saturday!

Ingredients:

Directions:

That is interesting. I have not even tried all the other milks. That is certainly something to check out. Thanks:thumbsup2

I am certainly on a path to not DRINK my calories. And spending my "sat fat points" on coffee creamer is not something I want to do either.

I slipped again last night. I worked overtime and was just craving carbs when i got home so i had some egg noodles and homemade french fries. Im so disappointed. And because the weather is so cold i can't get out for my walk, :(

The Mystery Machine said:
That is interesting. I have not even tried all the other milks. That is certainly something to check out. Thanks:thumbsup2

I am certainly on a path to not DRINK my calories. And spending my "sat fat points" on coffee creamer is not something I want to do either.

Don't get discouraged if its not your cup of tea on the first try! I regularly drink almond milk and the first time I made it it was delish! The second time I made it with an " on sale " brand of almond milk that I never tried before and it was gross! Too watery. My girlfriend doesn't like honey so she uses stevia, she says it great with the stevia :)

Hello old friends,

Stopping in to say hi and to let you know that I'm still alive and kicking! I'm playing on joining the February Challenge! Life has been crazy! I miss my time on the WISH boards and plan on getting back with it for February!

Started training for my 5Ks today! I got a treadmill last week as my beloved elliptical finally bit the dust! Doing my local 5K in September and then doing the Jingle Jungle at AK in November! Got an adults only weekend planned for this one! Just gotta set up coverage for the kids that weekend! Hoping to do 6 5Ks this year! Just a number I picked!

Hi Tracey! Mike and I will be there that weekend too. We are planning on the W&D again. :)

I. HATE. TRACKING. !!! It is such a pain in the you know where.
Me too!

Mary•Poppins;47277564 said:
AHHHH! I really thought it was snowy and cold there too! Now I know why my 2 BILs live out there. And it is sunny. Here in the 'Burg we usually only see sunshine for 5 days in a row in July!
lol. That sounds like here. We have so many cloudy days. Pittsburgh ranks up there with Seattle!

The numbers are from NOAA Clear--Partly Cloudy--Cloudy
Louisville 93 102 171
Pittsburgh 59 103 203
Seattle 71 93 201
Seattle Tac 58 82 226
Denver 115 130 120
Grand Junction CO 136 106 122

Do you take Vitamin D? It makes a HUGE difference in my mood, though I forget sometimes.:upsidedow

Feel better! I am pretty sure everyone in my house had a mild case of the flu despite the flu shots. But luckily it only lasted a couple of days.

Thanks for the tip! I will have to look into this.

At the moment it seems like the snow has melted enough that the sidewalks are free. I even went for a short run yesterday - meant to run longer but got a hunger attack. I was afraid that would happen as I only had a salad for lunch, but did not want to spend the calories on a snack. Well, at least I did get 12 minutes of exercise (in addition to my regular 40 minute walk to and back from work). As soon as I got home and had something for dinner after that short run, I packed my gym bag - including a snack - to take to work with me today. I am planning to see how the weather is going to be tonight. If it is ok for running, I leave the gym bag at work, go for a run today and go to the gym tomorrow to do some weights. If it is horrible outside, I go to the gym to use the horrible treadmill and do the weights...
Saturday
Hope you get your run in!

FWIW, We have switched to almond milk and really like it. I like the vanilla flavor better than the plain. And be careful you don't get the sweetened version of the almond milk. I still eat cheese, but don't miss the regular milk.

I slipped again last night. I worked overtime and was just craving carbs when i got home so i had some egg noodles and homemade french fries. Im so disappointed. And because the weather is so cold i can't get out for my walk, :(
Hang in there! Jump back on the wagon. If you track write it down and move on.

What I have found--perfect eating does not exist. But you have to try to do the best that you can most of the time. Think about what you can do if that situation comes up again, and don't let it ruin today's effort. :)

This is great! Wish I had found this years ago when I was trying to give up the Coffeemate Hazelnut creamer!

Awww.... don't beat yourself up too badly. Start fresh TODAY! We are here to help!

It was 16 degrees when I went to work and 21 when I came home today. A little chilly for around here and we aren't liking it too much.

I ran 4 miles at home on the tm because I ended up staying at work too long. I much prefer the Y. Much easier to tune things out.

Hope everyone is having a great Tuesday! Time for dinner. :)

I have trouble exercising at home too..... just too many other things to think about doing! But I'd take a 4 mi run on the TM rather than outside in this weather, no matter where I had to do it! Single digits here today making me SO GLAD I own a TM!

Stay warm today!!:wave2:

Hello old friends,

Looking forward to you re-joining us in February!

I think that would be wonderful. The original recipe I adapted it from didn't include the broccoli but I added it as the side the first time I made it and we all thought it was great mixed in. I think most veggies would be great-- I should try zucchini as it is one of my favorites.

I honestly forgot to stop when I was near a grocery store (there is one about 1/2 mi from church) and didn't think of it again until I was near home. I am going to write it down and plan it for this weekend though. Since DS can't have the chicken, I'm either going to to make it with lean pork or make it when he is gone.

:wave2:
Great day at work. My kids only had a half day of school but I had a full day. Since no one was waiting for me at the end of the day I decided to walk around the halls and up and down the stairs after work and get some exercise. Usually one or more of my kids are there and waiting for me to take them home. It was great to have a place to walk and not freeze! I am going to try to do that again the rest of the week. My feet are sore but I sit on my butt all day so I really need to move when I can.

I opened my My Fitness Pal account back up. I. HATE. TRACKING. !!! It is such a pain in the you know where. But I haven't made any progress since the beginning of the month and since I also have the fitbit maybe they will help me to see where I am having problems.

Glad you found somewhere to walk where it is warm! My school is great, but I can't seem to walk without someone stopping me to talk! Looking forward to hearing more about the Fitbit!

Hi everyone! I've been lurking around.

Work today was horrible, because I was so tired and congested. And it was a shame because I started two new classes with new students and I like to give a good first impression. But today I know I just seemed tired and out of it. By 9th period I was just ready to pass out!

Anyways, I've been happy with my progress this month. I forgot to PM on Sunday though (doh!).

I hope everyone is doing well and staying happy and healthy.

I have a major WDW trip in June, and that is a big motivator to me. The healthier I am (and lighter!), the better my trip will be! If you've been to Disney heavier than you want, you know what I'm talking about.

Sorry you've been ill. There is SO much flu, etc going around here! Take care of yourself, explain the situation to your students, and I'm sure things will be fine!

:grouphug: I can totally understand the night-time carb cravings! I don't even have to be hungry, but any time after 6pm and my body starting its carb search! And arriving home late, stressed, hungry, etc, is a recipe for DISASTER for me! I can't stop eating. It has taken lots and lots of absolutely CONSCIOUS THOUGHT and effort to get past this to some degree.... but it still bites me in the butt sometimes!! Being aware of a danger zone/danger time is the first step in avoiding it!! You've taken step one and you KNOW that you need to be prepared and on guard the next time you work late and don't have something HEALTHY ready to eat!

Start fresh today, have your meals planned ahead, so you don't give into those nighttime hungries, and NO EXCUSES missing for that walk! You can do a Walk Away the Pounds workout right in the living room! You can do a circuit training workout with push-ups, planks, wall sits, free weights (if you have them, soup cans and gallon jugs if you don't), sit-ups, yoga, tricep dips, stairs, step-ups, etc!

I look forward to hearing how you made today BETTER!! :thumbsup2

Morning friends! Kids are studying for mid-terms. I'll take them to school about 10 am and pick them up about 4 pm (DS has two tests, DD has one, but will stay at school to study and have an after-school study session). I kind of wish DS didn't have to hang around school for an extra hour (his last test ends at 3pm), but it makes NO sense for me to make two trips....especially since the school is 20 minutes away!

I plan on spending at least one hour doing my web training for my new job (started it yesterday but got very side-tracked), doing at least 30 minutes of exercise (indoors..... it is single digits outside!:scared: ), folding the clean laundry that has been piling up, and planning my work outfits for the next two days. Not sure what the evening schedule with swim and robotics will be yet.

Dinner is scheduled to be veggie burgers, but that could change as well, since I'm not sure who will be around at dinner time.

Let me leave you (for now) with this thought for today. It is something I wrote in the side margin of my Bible study book yesterday. I am doing a semi-repeat of the study I did this past fall based on a book called "Made to Crave". It is based on understandingwhy we are craving FOOD more than God. I understand that we can't talk religion here, nor do I want to get into any sort of debate with my friends. Religion aside, this woman has some wonderful insights into the mental process that goes along with overeating/binge eating, etc. Anyhow, here is something to think about when the food is calling louder than it should.

"I am not DEPRIVING myself.... I am EMPOWERING myself."

Empower YOURSELF to make the VERY BEST CHOICES YOU CAN TODAY.... both for your physical health and your mental health!! Yes, making healthy food and exercise choices are good for your MENTAL HEALTH!!

Have a HEALTHY DAY!! ...............................P

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter