WISH Away The Pounds - Awesome August Challenge - Everyone Welcome

Discussion in 'W.I.S.H' started by Eliza32, Jul 28, 2013.

1. lisah0711

lisah0711 <font color=red>♥ <font color=royalblue>her Disney

Holding my place as a loser for August! :goodvibes

Nice to see some old and new friends! :cool1:

2. Avatar

Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide this advert.
  3. BernardandMissBianca

BernardandMissBianca <font color=red>I just love a dancing banana!<br>< Moderator

I'm back in. June and July have been pure hell for me.
    I am hoping to turn things around for August because we have a Disney trip planned for October.

I will PM you shortly.

4. Eliza32

Eliza32 DIS Veteran

I've added

JennStars9
    lisah0711
    BarnardandMissBianca

to post #3

Welcome to the wild ride known as Awesome August.....lets kick some butt guys n gals!!

5. pat fan

pat fan Sad my tag won't fit :(

I'm in!

Weight Watchers doesn't work for me anymore, and I am really needing support to lose some pounds! DH & I tracked calories together this spring and I lost 10 lb's, then he quit tracking and I can't do it alone. No, I had trouble doing it alone, won't say "can't".

So here goes, a new start! Not sure how all this works, so feel free to instruct! LOL!

6. Lindaland

Lindaland DIS Veteran

I'm in for August!! Since I was last here, I wouldn't say I fell off the wagon....... its more like I threw myself off and under the tires!!! Need to refocus and get a grip. Loved the support and encouragement when I was here last so I hope I can make better progress this time around! :goodvibes

7. Sultana

Sultana Mouseketeer

I'd love to join.
    The past months have been pure hell for me, and even though I was already overweighted, it's now even worse.
    Not sure if I'll be able to get some weight off this month, but I hope the support I'll get from here + the fact that I'll have to report here, will help me.

Going to send that PM and then i'll look up the schedule of the gym (I have paid membership since 2 years, an dhave been like... 6 times or so :( )

8. melcrot

melcrot Earning My Ears

I would love in! I need to be held accountable and hopefully this way I can lose the mommy weight that I keep making excuses for!

9. Soben

Soben Mouseketeer

Hi, I would like to join for August. Last month I just read about everyone else's progress. While that's inspirational too, I should probably put myself out there.

August is a big month for me, I'm turning 40. And on the 31st I'm going on a Girl's Trip to California to San Diego and Disneyland. So I'd really like to fit in my clothes.

Wish I could lose 20 lbs by then. But I think that 5 is realistic and would make me feel better.

Good luck everyone!

10. lisah0711

11. dgr1973

dgr1973 DIS Veteran

Thanks for sharing! This will be a great month for us all! A little over a year ago I started exercising and being more watchful of what I ate, not really dieting and I was down over 40 pounds! Well like so many the summer has been really hard to stick with it and so I have put 7 back on since the end of May:furious: I am very mad at myself but its just so easy to fall back into old ways, but I will be turning 40 at the end of August so I am determined to start my 40's in better shape then how I started my 30's!!:woohoo::woohoo::woohoo:

12. Eliza32

Eliza32 DIS Veteran

Hi everyone, I have added the following to post #3.......

pat fan
    Lindaland
    Sultana
    melcrot
    Soben

Hope we're all ready for Awesome August. As I have no volunteers for coaching yet, I'll post a QOTD in the morning to start us off........if you haven't already done so, don't forget to PM me your start weight, and your target loss for August. Can I please ask you to PM rather than leave on the thread because IF things get busy, I might miss it!!!

See you in the morning! :yay:

13. SettinSail

SettinSail Cruise With Me Baby

I would like to join you all this month:yay:

I've had success in the past with this group and I am freshly motivated after watching Extreme Weight Loss last night. Loved the idea they did with the marbles transferred from one jar to another as you lose each pound. I'm just not sure where to purchase marbles and single mason jars:lmao:

Looking forward to success for all of us:goodvibes

14. jillbur

jillbur DIS Veteran

I want to hear more about this! Shaun T scares me :rotfl2:
    but I've always wanted to try one of his programs.

Unfortunately, I know about marbles due to DSs. :) I would start at the dollar store. You can use vases or something other than mason jars. They may also have marbles. If not, Walmart has them. They used to be with the toys for about $1 or $2 a bag. I say "used to" because I haven't actually looked for them in months. If you can't find glass containers, try a craft store like Michaels or Joann Fabrics. They may even have marbles lol.

15. lisah0711

So happy to see you, my friend! :flower3: :hug:

16. tanyabanana

tanyabanana Mouseketeer

Add me too please. Would love to be motivated and hopefully motivate too!

17. mckelvey72

mckelvey72 Mouseketeer

Jillbur, Shaun T always scared me as well. I lost 25 pounds last using with P90X and LOVED it!! Sadly, I broke my ankle back in March and was not allowed to walk for 2 months nor exercise for 4 months so it has all come back :(

My problem is time...I know everyone says that is just an excuse but life is busy with a very active 7 year old!! T-25 is by Shaun T but is ONLY 25 minutes for each DVD. You do a different DVD every day so keeps it fun and different. You work, but knowing you only have to focus for 25 minutes makes it a little easier. There is a girl who does moderation so with my ankle still healing I follow her most of the time.

I am only 2 days into it...today will be my 3rd day but I like it so far HAHA.....sore today but I know from P90X that the soreness gets better HAHA.

I am a beachbody coach so if you want more information PM me and we can touch base that way. We have facebook groups that keep us motivated etc so it is really great way to work out if you don't have someone with you to motivate you. I have never tried Insanity but might have to check that out after T-25!!!

18. jillbur

jillbur DIS Veteran

Thanks for the info! I never did P90X because of time. I am a teacher & have a DS7 & DS10 who both play soccer but in different levels. DS7 also takes gymnastics. So, by the time I get home, I have about 30 minutes to squeeze in a workout before I start dinner & head off to practices. DH does handle dinner about half the time & practices, but I like to go watch my boys, too. This sounds like a good program!

Good luck! I'm sure you'll do great!

19. Tinkerboy00

Tinkerboy00 DIS Veteran

Count me in! Ill PM the info needed now.

20. pjlla

pjlla DIS Veteran

Hola friends and happy August to you! No, I did not fall off a cliff....just still super busy, even "post party"!

The party was wonderful and delightful and the weather was superb and the house and yard (minus my bedroom and bathroom ) looked terrific.

Last week of swim season just wrapping up.... Granite State Championships is this weekend and then we are officially done (although she will still be swimming some to stay in shape for college)! I can hardly believe it.

I'm in for August, but won't be around as much to chat...next week we pack for vacation and start packing DD for college...then we are away for a week, then 6 days home before we take DD to college! :sad: Then school starts up for DS and I got back to work as a sub and possibly increase my hours with WW. :eek: where did the summer go??

Hope you all have been well. Errand to run now, so I'll BBL. TTYL.............P

21. Tinkerboy00

Tinkerboy00 DIS Veteran

I need to try the T25 too. Ive tried regular Insanity and it about killed me. I have a few friends that are Beachbody Coaches and Ive been thinking about becoming one too. I have to research it more.

One of my friends just joined and she is loving it and already made back her investment in the first two weeks. She thinks it will be perfect for me to do as well.