WISH Away The Pounds ~ Achieving in April ~ All are WELCOME!

Discussion in 'W.I.S.H' started by araes2102, Mar 31, 2013.

1. Flossbolna

Flossbolna Sea days are just so relaxing!

Poor little dog!!! I love it how you call her wonder mutt!!! :goodvibes I guess dogs just think jumping around means playtime and want to join into the fun...

Great to have you back!!

I love eating dips with vegetables - but not sure how well carrot goes with salsa...

Yes, one can certainly see a difference! Especially in your face! Well done!

And I am very happy that you decided to stay around! :goodvibes

I am so sorry about your work situation - I find it so frustrating that you put in the effort to work at a place where it matters so much and then it is so difficult for you. I really do hope that the change in management will bring along some positive change overall! I truly admire that you are working in such an important field and can only try to imagine how difficult it is!!

2. Avatar

Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide this advert.
  3. 50sjayne

50sjayne DIS Veteran

Eliza 32--wow!
    Also the other lady that posted before and after pics on here--also amazing. I think I was just reading on my phone then so I couldn't respond.

Yeah-- I should eat more salmon--I work in a seafood/meat dept. lol. Which does make me pretty picky about getting it. My favorite thing to do with it is bake it with some dill a little salt then mix it with mayo after getting the skin off and bones out. Then you put it on englich muffins with a little cheese on top and broil that. amazing.

When I was at Pike place they had a bunch of flavored almonds at a booth and they were amazing. I should check out places around here to see if I can find anything like that.
    Thanks for the laugh lol. If it makes you feel any better I whopped Misty a little on one of her excursions out of the bedroom lately. She get so on the offense around the other cats she doesn't really pay attention to being in the way of walking people lol.

I still want to make my own tortillas. I need to go through and compare different brands for the best ingredients and lower fat etc. I made them out of flour for Halloween (with Halloween coookie cutters) but I think I want to try corn. It's pretty easy really.

Was looking up potassium and possible connection to appetite and ran across Garcinia Cambosia supplements. Sound interesting so I ordered some off Amazon as well as some concealer I needed to get anyway. The ones I ordered had the most potassium added that I came across, was pure and made in USA and were 63% off.
    Decided to skip workout today and ride my bike as the weather seems to be holding and I worked out late last night.
    My friend finally broke up with his girlfriend yay! She was really controlling and the situation was bad for me. I'm so glad for him-- it was a hard one for him to get out of being her sister works at our store and she's higher up in management than he is. Things won't be much different because of the way it started, but I'll be able to see him more so I'm really happy about it! Best Birthday present ever. "Ding dong the wicked witch is dead"
    Only problem now is every female within 50 miles will be after him as soon as they know--oh well-- guess I'll have to step things up. Nothing wrong with a bit of healthy competition. pirate: party:

4. BernardandMissBianca

BernardandMissBianca <font color=red>I just love a dancing banana!<br>< Moderator

If I get in the pool you'll have to rescue me. I can't swim, at all. DH says I drowned on Titanic. LOL
    I'm going to attempt 30 day shred but if I find anything else I will definitely let you know. Let me know if you find anything.

He thinks I have a fray, time will tell.

Do we have a thread or a FB page for the PP 2014 group?

I hope it's a good crazy!

Damn girl! You look good!!

5. araes2102

araes2102 Mouseketeer

Ok everyone... I have the spreadsheet all set up, and all participants are added to Post #3.

If you did not receive a PM from me, I have not recieved your info. Except of course for the 3 participants who do not currently have PM privileges (Eliza32, AnimalDrummer, and bleubell)... I do have your info :)

Please PM me if I missed you! :)

6. Lindaland

Lindaland DIS Veteran

I know exactly how you feel!! :lmao:

I like to have a protein drink after my workouts. EAS is a fav brand of mine because it has lots of protein (17gms) but little carbs (4gms) and its tasty!! It does a great job at controlling my appetite after workouts.:yay:

Have to agree with the salmon!! Love it anytime, then again, I pretty much love all seafood!! :love:

Poor wonder baby!!! Although my dog learned a similar lesson with the pedals of my recumbent bike!! And I felt terrible, but he just gave me those cute little butt wiggles and all was forgiven. However now when I am on the bike, he just stands in front and watches me.

7. araes2102

araes2102 Mouseketeer

Have you tried Premier Nutrition protein drinks? They are amazing! 30g protein and only 2 net carbs! Costco sells them :)

8. Lindaland

Lindaland DIS Veteran

No I haven't, but I am heading there this weekend so I will be checking it out. I did get a big bag of vanilla protein powder there that I use when I am home and then use sugar free syrup to flavor it, but I still buy the premade shakes to take to work and also use for a quick snack after workouts or when on the road. However they are a bit pricy so a Costco option would be great, thanks!!:thumbsup2

9. dizzyr

dizzyr DIS Veteran

Oooh I'll have to have a look out for them next time I'm there.

10. dizzyr

dizzyr DIS Veteran

I haven't been very good so far this month. Nothing terribly bad but just a bit too much of it, good thing we're only two days in!

11. Rose&Mike

Rose&Mike DIS Veteran

Congratulations Eliza32! You can do it! :)

Hope everyone is doing well. We went away for a break from the weather for Easter. It was pretty awesome to run outside--actually just to be outside.
    We walked a lot while we were gone!
    Thurs 16000 steps
    Fri 33000
    Saturday 33000
    Sunday 36000
    Monday 24000

I am up a couple of pounds, but that is pretty normal after a weekend a way. I have set a goal of 6 pounds for April which is a pretty huge goal for me, but I have been going nowhere this year and I want to be back in the 140s. I also have an exercise goal of 1700 minutes. The weather is still not so great here (for us anyhow) but it is on an upward trend, so I am going to try to be as active as I can this month and really watch what I eat and hopefully I will see at least some of those pounds disappear.:goodvibes

12. lisah0711

lisah0711 <font color=red>♥ <font color=royalblue>her Disney

Helen, you look great! :goodvibes There is a big difference, especially in your face and I definitely think you are done with your "before" shirt. ;) Keep up the good work! :yay:

Jill, hope that things will improve at work with a change in management. Hang in there! :flower3:

Susan, glad the kitties are doing well. :cat:

I think there might be the big group on the Events side of the WISH boards but I suspect it will be summer before we do anything else. I'm in double digits for my cruise and that occupies most of my brain cells these days. :rotfl:

Thanks for hostessing this month! :flower3:

Linda, hope it's not too wet this week-end to enjoy some time with Puck! :umbrella:

For all you folks talking about protein powder here is an article that was just published by sparkpeople.com about other ways you can use protein powder.
    http://www.dailyspark.com/blog.asp?post=15_new_ways_to_use_protein_powder

Hang in there! It takes awhile to get the hang of things and never, ever give up! :goodvibes

13. pjlla

pjlla DIS Veteran

Morning friends! Things are still nutty around here!

DS and his robotics team are off to Maine today for their next Regionals competition. DH will be heading to Maine today for work until Friday and will be popping in to see the competition when he can. I will be driving back and forth on Friday and Saturday. I was going to go up Friday and stay over, but my Mom wants to come see it on Saturday and I didn't want her to have to make the 3 hour drive.

New roof is going on TODAY!! :cool1:

I've been doing great with eating, but fitting in exercise for the past few days has been a real struggle. Hopefully laundry, etc can count for some movement.... wish driving did!::yes::

I'll be in an out again today, but I have a few minutes right now so I will try to catch up here just a bit!................P

14. pjlla

pjlla DIS Veteran

BIG difference....I can see it in your face and your midsection! That grey top needs to go into the donate pile. You look great in that more fitted printed top!!:thumbsup2

Good for you for trying to remain positive in a difficult situation. I had a difficult class on Monday (I know from experience) and tried SUPER hard to stay on a positive track all day, ignoring some less-than-desirable behaviors and loudly praising any and all positive behaviors. It seemed to work pretty well with just two kids ending the day on "yellow" and "red" (versus green). And it made ME feel better at the end of the day to be able to leave a good note for the teacher! I think of you OFTEN when I have to deal with difficult classes and I don't know how you do your job EVERY DAY without going a bit nutty. :confused3

Glad you still have bike riding weather!

Enjoy your week off!!

Sounds like you had a great ACTIVE vacation!!! Lucky girl!

You and I are BOTH on track for a GREAT April.... time to get back to goal weight, right??:thumbsup2 And BTW, what do you consider "not so great" weather?? We have had temps in the 20's with snow flurries the last few days! I am SO over this winter! That being said, the roofers are here today, so that makes it feel like spring!:rotfl:

Okay.... caught up just a bit! I'll read just a bit more and then I'm off to feed DS and drive him to the neighboring school district to catch the bus to Maine!...............P

15. pjlla

pjlla DIS Veteran

How about some of the BL workouts on DVD? There are several really good ones!

Good job making a smart choice for lunch. Other than the carbs, I find Subway such a GREAT place to have a healthy meal!

Glad you are back with us!

I actually enjoy salsa with celery sometimes.... sure, chips are better, celery works too! And I LOVE salsa on eggs!

Caught up just a bit more!..............P

16. pjlla

pjlla DIS Veteran

Do NOT get discouraged. Let that knee heal up so you can enjoy your birthday celebration at the Princess next year!!!

WOOOHOO on being "official" now!!

One day at a time is all it takes!

I think a few folks missed the "FAT" word in that question.

I'm gonna say peanut butter or almond butter (without added sugar). So yummy and delish on a toasted low carb roll!! Such a great treat.... just wish the portion could be a bit larger. ;) ...........................P

17. nocomment711

nocomment711 Ces Soirees-La

Hey guys. I'm gonna tag along in this thread for the month.

I've been going through a somewhat manic phase for the last two weeks. High energy with low food. I have to force myself to eat, and sometimes it makes me sick.

I'm not gonna set a goal, but I'm gonna participate in the thread, if that makes any sense.

18. araes2102

araes2102 Mouseketeer

You can do it :thumbsup2 And those are some pretty amazing step counts!!

19. bigsis1970

bigsis1970 Always planning my next trip! Maybe my 45th Bday??

OMG yes for sure you can see one!! Congrats!! I agree with the other posters about no more gray shirt for you.. :)

20. Rose&Mike

Rose&Mike DIS Veteran

Good luck to your DS. :)
    I think our high today is 55 (yesterday it was 50). Our normal high for this time of year is 65 and we have usually turned the heat off by now. I am just ridiculously cold and can't get warm. I will not be complaining about the temps this summer--that's what shade is for.:goodvibes

Hang in there. If it keeps up for much longer, maybe a trip to the doctor might be a good idea. Feel better.:goodvibes

Thank you for the encouragement. :)

21. Eliza32

Eliza32 DIS Veteran

Okay, Okay...grey shirt is in the donate pile...along with the black one I have that's the same!!! Funny how I loved it because it hid everything, but now I can see it looked terrible!!!!

Weight in tonight, in about an hour or so, been on the scales at home and they're saying that I have stayed the same.........my monthly friend just arrived, so I'm assuming that's the reason as certainly haven't been pigging out on stuff I shouldn't.

Exercise is still at a complete standstill, so I've been looking up times for our local pools, might give some swimming a go on Friday as it's my day off. Need to start some kind of exercises to tighten up the empty bits where my fat used to be. Would love to try 30 day shred, but my lounge is just too small to jump about or swing my arms in. Pilates type exercise might be a possibility though.

Hope you're all having a good day, the sun is out here, so that's always a bonus!!