WISH Away The Pounds ~ Achieving in April ~ All are WELCOME!

This may have been asked and answered, but it is something I need to think about, so please forgive me if it's a repeat.

QOTD Sunday, April 28
What has been your biggest challenge this month (year) in terms of reaching your goals and how do you plan to address it in May?

My biggest challenge is eating. I've been doing so well this month because I've been planning and tracking. However, I overdid the carbs yesterday and today so I need to regroup...asap!

We have not let the dog sleep at all today. He is exhausted. Sounds cruel, but the vet said she thinks his clock needs reset, so we have made sure he has stayed awake all day. Fingers crossed it works. I really need some sleep.:goodvibes

Omgsh~I hope you get sleep! I have no idea how you kept your dog awake all day. That must have exhausted the dog and you too!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Hey all! Just wanted to do a quick check in. I do not have school tomorrow :cool1: It's a snow day build into the calendar and we didn't have any snow days, so we get the day off. Sundays aren't too shabby when you don't have to work on Mondays :)

I am spending my night watching a girl flick that DH wouldn't care about watching. I'll also be stalking Pinterest. Not for anything specific, but once I get on there, hours go past! It's so addicting.

Anyhow, I'm going to run. I hope everyone enjoyed the weekend.

Jill

OMG I just realized the Everest challenge is this coming weekend while we are at Disney
DAMN it may have been my one chance to run a Disney race....

Good morning all! Sorry, I have been MIA. I overdid it with eating, yes I did, so time to come back here with my tail between my legs and get back on it.:hyper:

To answer the QOTD for Sunday....EATING and Menu planning. I get SOOO sick of food, planning what to eat, shopping for it, cooking and then cleaning it all up, so I get weak and go get fast food.:headache:

Not sure how I am going to tackle this issue for May. I really struggle with it.

No barking or crying at my house last night. It was awesome. :) We'll see what happens tonight.

QOTD Monday, April 29, 2013
There have been lots of new studies coming out about red meat and how it is not so great for you. Have you explored any alternative (plant based) protein sources, and if so what is your favorite?

MM--I totally get it. I would probably eat at home most of the time anyhow, but I do miss eating out. It is too much work now, and not worth risking gluten for the choices that are out there. I try to remind myself that what I cook usually tastes better AND we are saving a ton of money by not eating out. That is one of the reasons we are able to go to wdw more frequently now.

BBL (at least that's the plan) to answer the qotd. I made a lentil curry yesterday that was amazing! I will try to find the link for it. It was really easy to. It came together in about 15 minutes, and then the rice had to cook and it had to simmer. I bet if you don't do rice that it would have tasted great over mashed cauliflower....

Have a great Monday. I have work, the gym, and a contractor is coming to look at our roof.:goodvibes

Good morning! Still no sleep at my house. Everybody is getting a little cranky.

How about a question of the day. :)

This may have been asked and answered, but it is something I need to think about, so please forgive me if it's a repeat.

QOTD Sunday, April 28
What has been your biggest challenge this month (year) in terms of reaching your goals and how do you plan to address it in May?

Helen--that's crazy about the cheez-its!

I need to stop self sabotaging myself -- stay on plan, add in excersise so I can get into those cute summer dresses I want to.. for May I am going to stay in my carb range 20-25, no matter how hard it seems..

Well I don't know what is going on with my body - well I sort of do but these past 7 days have been CRAZY - according to my scales today I am up 3.8 from my starting point .. my weigh ins look like this starting with last monday
4/22 159.1
4/23 161
4/24 162.2
4/25 168.8
4/26 162.8
4/27 166.2
4/28 163.8
4/29 - today 166.9 ... OMG I think my portions sizes are off and i've been eating a few items with breading and some low carb wraps.. so while my weight it wacky my blood sugar is still GREAT about 120ish (a few 130s a few 110s) so back on plan with under 25 carbs trying to stay around 20 really with weighing and measuring everything in!! Of course I should add in some excersise too but we'll see.. I am soo lazy about that.. I should be better since the weather this week in Maine is supposed to be Awesome finally..

I'll submit my final weigh in tomorrow.. good bad or ugly (likely the later) :rolleyes2

be back later at lunch to check in with you all! Happy Monday:surfweb:

I had a great race today! It was my second slowest time ever, but all in all I felt really good about it. The weather was great (50s and overcast). I had been doing walk breaks, but had decided to just run this one nice and slow and steady without the breaks and see how it went. I did walk at the water stops--otherwise I tend to get water up my nose. haha. Anyhow, at the half way point we were averaging an 11:28 mile and ended up with an overall average of ~11:19 mile. We passed so many people during the last mile which was nice for a change. :)

I have not felt good about a race in so long. I seriously thought this might be it for me. It was really great to just run and not worry about the beeps for walk breaks, or getting a pr, etc. I do feel a bit beat up and my itband was talking at the end, but all in all feeling pretty good. I think getting that massage last week was the best thing I have done in so long. I go back in about a week for another one. Hopefully the back will cooperate this week.

The vet told us to try benadryl for the dog tonight. Then if that doesn't work they are going to give us a prescription for something.

Tomorrow the plan is to meal plan and get back on track. :)

Have a great Saturday!

Just THRILLED to hear that you had a good race! Glad you have another massage scheduled soon.

QOTD Sunday, April 28

!

I've been struggling hard to get back to my maintenance range and it didn't seem to matter how hard I tried (food and/or exercise wise), I STILL wasn't getting there. I finally had a good loss last week, got to the top of my maintenance range for Friday's weigh-in.... and then had a TERRIBLE eating weekend. Despite being there for a WW event and 3 lunches and 1 dinner provided by the company, it was still difficult to make the best choices! NOTHING has PointsPlus values with it! That being said, there was plenty of fresh fruit provided most of the time, so that was helpful. I am hoping that with a GREAT week ahead I will maintain this week and can work HARD (with extra exercise, less carbs, etc) to lose in May before my trip to Disney!

No barking or crying at my house last night. It was awesome. :) We'll see what happens tonight.

YEAHH!!

There have been lots of new studies coming out about red meat and how it is not so great for you. Have you explored any alternative (plant based) protein sources, and if so what is your favorite?

I love beans! I like black beans and kidney beans and pinto beans and white beans and Great Northern Beans and Jacob's cattle beans and chick peas! I like them in soups and stews and salads and as refried beans and baked beans. Unfortunately I have a family that is not so fond, so I don't make them terribly often for dinner.

For non-meat proteins for the family I stick with things like eggs, cheese, hummus, tofu, yogurt. I realize that the dairy isn't plant based, but when trying to get a meal on the table for a Weight Watcher, an Atkins follower, a picky teen with food allergies, and another teen who is a non-pescatarian, it is TOUGH and I have to make compromises to what I might otherwise like to make.

That being said, I did manage to get in two meatless dinners last week.... veggie egg pie one night and vegetable soup and grilled cheese another night. Nothing too fancy, but it worked.

BBL (at least that's the plan) to answer the qotd. I made a lentil curry yesterday that was amazing! I will try to find the link for it. It was really easy to. It came together in about 15 minutes, and then the rice had to cook and it had to simmer. I bet if you don't do rice that it would have tasted great over mashed cauliflower....

RECIPE???

Have a great Monday. I have work, the gym, and a contractor is coming to look at our roof.:goodvibes

Happy Monday friends! I am back from an EXHAUSTING weekend of training. How is it that sitting and learning can be so tiring?? Felt like GARBAGE last night and didn't have the energy to sit here and chat! (I think it was a post-stress reaction, honestly.) Feeling a bit better today, but have SO MUCH to do, so I can't hang around long.

Yes, I will find out today if I get the nod ::yes:: and get invited to continue my work to be a WW Leader. I really can't tell you how I am feeling about this. I think it went "okay" but I didn't do outstanding. Not sure exactly what they were looking for, so truly not sure what my answer will be today. If I get a :sad2: no, I'm not sure if they offer any other job (like receptionist) or more training (??) or just a "thanks but no thanks."

On another note, if you remember I asked for prayers a few weeks ago for an uncle who had a heart attack. He passed peacefully over the weekend, so I'll be away part of this week to MA for the funeral. Will do it all in one day so the kids don't have to miss too much school.

On a lighter note..... DD FINALLY made her college decision!! She is officially going to be part of Roger Williams University, Class of 2017!! She wore her RWU shirt to school today as part of her "announcement".

Off to catch up on housework, laundry, housework, etc! BBL to chat.........P

Kim,[/B] how was your first Crossfit class? Hope the chiro helped you, too. :flower3: The class kicked my behind so much that I'm still gimping around, but I LOVED it!:cool1: If I wasn't so sore I'd be going back tonight, but I know there's no way it would be an effective workout. Plus I got a nice nasty sunburn on Saturday, :scared1:so I'm not even going to yoga tonight. Looks like either an easy night on the elliptical or a long, slow walk with the Wonder Mutt. She wore herself out so much at our friend's pool on Saturday that she spent all day yesterday sleeping.:cloud9:

I had a great race today! It was my second slowest time ever, but all in all I felt really good about it. The weather was great (50s and overcast). I had been doing walk breaks, but had decided to just run this one nice and slow and steady without the breaks and see how it went. I did walk at the water stops--otherwise I tend to get water up my nose. haha. Anyhow, at the half way point we were averaging an 11:28 mile and ended up with an overall average of ~11:19 mile. We passed so many people during the last mile which was nice for a change. :)

I have not felt good about a race in so long. I seriously thought this might be it for me. It was really great to just run and not worry about the beeps for walk breaks, or getting a pr, etc. I do feel a bit beat up and my itband was talking at the end, but all in all feeling pretty good. I think getting that massage last week was the best thing I have done in so long. I go back in about a week for another one. Hopefully the back will cooperate this week.

The vet told us to try benadryl for the dog tonight. Then if that doesn't work they are going to give us a prescription for something.

Tomorrow the plan is to meal plan and get back on track. :)

Have a great Saturday!

That is an GREAT time Rose!:banana: And really who cares? The point is you started and finished.

Good morning! Still no sleep at my house. Everybody is getting a little cranky.

How about a question of the day. :)

QOTD Sunday, April 28

No doubt, the eating. There are just some days, usually on the weekend, where I just say the heck with it, I worked hard all week so ideserve a break. I need to get out of that mindset. it took me all this time to gain the weight, so it's going to take some time to lose it. And without the right attitude EVERY day, I'll be stuck just this side of my goal weight and never get there. Of course it will be a challenge in Italy!:faint:

QOTD
We have not let the dog sleep at all today. He is exhausted. Sounds cruel, but the vet said she thinks his clock needs reset, so we have made sure he has stayed awake all day. Fingers crossed it works. I really need some sleep.:goodvibes

I've done that with the Wonder Mutt too. The challenge is keeping at it for a couple of days until their clock resets.

Good morning all! Sorry, I have been MIA. I overdid it with eating, yes I did, so time to come back here with my tail between my legs and get back on it.:hyper:

Join the club.:hug:

Yes, I will find out today if I get the nod ::yes:: and get invited to continue my work to be a WW Leader. I really can't tell you how I am feeling about this. I think it went "okay" but I didn't do outstanding. Not sure exactly what they were looking for, so truly not sure what my answer will be today. If I get a :sad2: no, I'm not sure if they offer any other job (like receptionist) or more training (??) or just a "thanks but no thanks."

Keeping my fingers crossed for you!:wizard:

On another note, if you remember I asked for prayers a few weeks ago for an uncle who had a heart attack. He passed peacefully over the weekend, so I'll be away part of this week to MA for the funeral. Will do it all in one day so the kids don't have to miss too much school.

Hugs and prayers to you and your family.:hug:

On a lighter note..... DD FINALLY made her college decision!! She is officially going to be part of Roger Williams University, Class of 2017!! She wore her RWU shirt to school today as part of her "announcement".

Yay!!! :cool1::yay:

Had my phone call and got the :thumbsup2 and was offered a "Leader" role with WW!! woohoo.... I think. Now I'm getting nervous about the commitment of a "real" job, after all these years of the flexibility of subbing! Actually, the timing will be great. I should be able to do some Leader subbing this spring and over the summer before I have to commit to leading my own meetings this fall. By then DD will be away and my schedule will be exponentially lighter!

I was careful to read our "internet policy" and such to make sure that my participation in these threads was still okay. It seems like as long as I publicly acknowledge my role with WW and I state that my opinion is JUST THAT...."MY OPINION" and not the opinion of WW, I will be all set! :cool1:

Off to finish raking the front yard..... great exercise, but two blisters already!......P

I think I may have told you before that I have some texture issues with eating. I can't stand anything like tofu or quorn, the texture reminds me of mushrooms, which I hate. I'm quite happy to eat things made with smushed beans though, Had some really lovely bean-burger type things over the years, and sometimes buy them from the supermarket as a part of the normal weekly shop.

Good to see the thread for May is already there, looking forward to another month with you guys for support. Think I may well volunteer to coach again for a week if you'll have me.

I think I may have told you before that I have some texture issues with eating. I can't stand anything like tofu or quorn, the texture reminds me of mushrooms, which I hate. I'm quite happy to eat things made with smushed beans though, Had some really lovely bean-burger type thigs over the years.

DD has food texture issues as well (especially regarding beans :crazy2:). I get it, but wish she would eat beans! She doesn't care for "creamy" things either like cream cheese.

Good to see the thread for May is already there, looking forward to another month with you guys for support. Think I may well volunteer to coach again for a week if you'll have me.

We would be HONORED to have you!! ...................P

Had my phone call and got the :thumbsup2 and was offered a "Leader" role with WW!! woohoo.... I think. Now I'm getting nervous about the commitment of a "real" job, after all these years of the flexibility of subbing! Actually, the timing will be great. I should be able to do some Leader subbing this spring and over the summer before I have to commit to leading my own meetings this fall. By then DD will be away and my schedule will be exponentially lighter!

Congratulations!!! That's so great! What a wonderful thing to be invited to do. I've been inspired by so many leaders at WW over the years - congratulations on joining their ranks!

XO
Liz

Sent from my iPhone using DISBoards

Had my phone call and got the :thumbsup2 and was offered a "Leader" role with WW!! woohoo.... I think. P

Fantastic. If the support you give your paying customers is anywhere like as good as the support you give on here, you will be a very popular leader in no time!!

I was careful to read our "internet policy" and such to make sure that my participation in these threads was still okay. It seems like as long as I publicly acknowledge my role with WW and I state that my opinion is JUST THAT...."MY OPINION" and not the opinion of WW, I will be all set! :cool1:

P
Congrats on the offer. There was never any doubt in my mind that you wouldn't get that job. You are a natural at it. I am very glad that you can stay on here just to be the big supporter that you have always been.

Congrats on your daughter's choice.

P

Congrats that is so awesome. I have found so much support from my leaders and you have provided me so much support on this board that I think you are going to be an amazing fit.

Popping in at the end of the challenge, seems to be my MO lately.

I'm totally off kilter but I do have an excuse! LOL
DH took last week off and we have been in Home Renovation Hell since then. We completely redid our room from the ground up, and we tore out the bookcases in the boys room and built new. I have painted, moved furniture, taken furniture out and put new in. I am so beyond tired it is not even funny.
We ate 1 home cooked meal last week, it has been hard on me emotionally and physically.

Today I have started to put my house back together again, DH left for DC today so that is making it easier. But DS12 was home sick today so I didn't get everything accomplished that I wanted to or needed to.

I'm ending April on a rough note physically but not mentally. I've decided to do the Glass Slipper Challenge at the Princess 1/2 in Feb. So May 1, I start a new training program to accomplish both.
I know I can do to the 10K, easily so I'm going to focus my efforts on the 1/2.

So, I'll jump over to the May Challenge and pick up where I left off.

So all of you disney runners...how sad am I going to be about the crowds this weekend? :(
I can't believe I missed this being a race weekend AND we are staying at Animal Kingdom.....AAAUUUGGGHHH
Specifically picked this time to avoid spring break & Mother's Day, and world cheerleading comp...

So Disney racers....how sad am I going to be that it is a race weekend? We purposely picked this week thinking it was going to be low crowds being in between cheerleading worlds and Mother's Day :(
I am so bummed...AND we are staying at Animal Kingdom

Well guess we will just have to make the best of it,

Sorry I have been so absent! Life has been crazy :crazy2:

I have updated our progress post... Love seeing the WISH green for those of us who have made our goals! For the rest of us... We have a last chance weigh-in tomorrow! I will update again tomorrow night! :)

So all of you disney runners...how sad am I going to be about the crowds this weekend? :(
I can't believe I missed this being a race weekend AND we are staying at Animal Kingdom.....AAAUUUGGGHHH
Specifically picked this time to avoid spring break & Mother's Day, and world cheerleading comp...

I wouldn't sweat it to much. We did the race a few years ago and the crowds weren't noticeably heavier, and it was Mother's Day weekend too.
The race is at night so it won't impact travel.
And we actually switched from All Star Sports to AKL.

Off to finish raking the front yard..... great exercise, but two blisters already!......P

Woot Woot !!! so Awesome!! congrats.. You'll be great no doubt at all!!!

Popping in at the end of the challenge, seems to be my MO lately.

I'm totally off kilter but I do have an excuse! LOL
DH took last week off and we have been in Home Renovation Hell since then. We completely redid our room from the ground up, and we tore out the bookcases in the boys room and built new. I have painted, moved furniture, taken furniture out and put new in. I am so beyond tired it is not even funny.
We ate 1 home cooked meal last week, it has been hard on me emotionally and physically.

Today I have started to put my house back together again, DH left for DC today so that is making it easier. But DS12 was home sick today so I didn't get everything accomplished that I wanted to or needed to.

I'm ending April on a rough note physically but not mentally. I've decided to do the Glass Slipper Challenge at the Princess 1/2 in Feb. So May 1, I start a new training program to accomplish both.
I know I can do to the 10K, easily so I'm going to focus my efforts on the 1/2.

So, I'll jump over to the May Challenge and pick up where I left off.
Yay for getting some big projects done! and yay on the Glass Slipper challenge!! You'll do great!!

So I am ending my month not at all where I want to be I am up a few from where I started.. however I've gotten back on track and will stay here for the May Challenge - those cute summer dresses are starting to call my name!
sending in my final now and see you all on the may thread!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter