Winter Weather Escape to WDW and the WL ~ A January 2014 Trip Report

Momof2Disneyboys

DIS Veteran
Hello and welcome to my TR! :yay:

Most of you already know me, so I will keep the intros short & sweet! We just got back from our eleventh Disney World trip on January 30. Hard to believe we have gone so many times!!

I am the mom, the wife, the Disney lover! I have been married to my DH for almost 16 years and we have 2 wonderful boys. I work part time at my kids' school as a Teaching Assistant. And I am now also an Authorized Disney Travel Agent! I started doing this last March and it is going very well and I am loving it! Been crazy busy lately actually!! In my spare time I enjoy being with my boys, shopping, photography, and of course everything Disney!

DH has become quite the Disney fan himself! He works a lot of hours as a Quality Assurance Inspector, so he really looks forward to our family vacations to the sunshine state! In his spare time he enjoys spending time with the boys and being outdoors.

DS14 is our oldest. Hard to believe he's a teenager already. He is a Freshmen in HS. He enjoys reading & writing stories, being with his friends, playing video games, skateboarding, archery, and loves roller coasters! He still enjoys Disney very much and I hope that doesn't change anytime soon. DS14 is very out-going and hilarious and is always the star of the show!

DS12 is our little guy. But not so little anymore, he’s in Middle School now. He enjoys being the star of his soccer team, being outside, playing video games, and Legos!! He loves Disney very much and I can always count on him if I want to talk about Disney! DS12 is very laid back and easy-going and doesn't have a care in the world.

DisneyJanuary2014191_zpsa606e140.jpg

Our WDW trip history includes: October 2005, May 2007, May 2008, Jan 2009, Nov 2009, Nov 2010, Aug/Sept 2011, Apr/May 2012, Dec 2012, August 2013, and now January 2014.

This was a very short trip for us, only 5 nights! We usually stay 7-9 nights. This was a just a quickie winter get-away!

This was our third time experiencing Fast Pass + and our second time using the Magic Bands. And our first time with no regular Fast Pass machines. Yep, they are all covered up now and not in use.

We had the dining plan this trip. We hadn’t used it in quite awhile, so that was different. I will post all of our food pics and dining reviews right here as well.

I guess that's about it. Come on it and make yourself comfortable and feel free to post anytime. Hope you enjoy!!

:cool1:

Up Next: Trip details

I'm here!!! :yay:
Can't wait to hear all about it. Wish we could have gone too.

Back to read in a bit! :)

I'm here, I'm here!!! :woohoo: With you being so busy, I was worried you might not do a TR, so I'm thrilled that you are! :cool1:

joining! Could use a winter escape so will live vicariously through your TR

Now that you are pretty familiar with FP+ and MB, definitely interested to hear your take on the whole thing

Not trying to hijack your TR already, but I need some guidance from a seasoned vet :flower3:

We just bought our tickets, and today started making FP+ selections. It's overwhelming! :eek: Any tips for a FP+ newbie? I was reading online that making them later in the day is better when the lines are typically longer, which makes sense - but won't the FP lines be longer anyway later on too?

How did you decide what times to make yours for?

I am making my way through your Summer trip, and happened to see the link for this TR. Looking forward to reading about your trip to FL to get away from winter.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter