Winter is coming...

Discussion in 'Community Board' started by chobie, Mar 30, 2013.

1. Iforgetmypassword

Iforgetmypassword "I am Mrs. Nesbit!!"

My daughter and I have read all the books, but my husband has not. It's going to be very hard to keep quiet and not give away any clues to what events are coming.

2. Avatar

Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide this advert.
  3. powellrj

powellrj DIS Veteran

My DS has to work today so we aren't planning to eat until 5. Do you think we can eat and get cleaned up and have everyone gone by 9?????? It's not like I want to be rude or anything, but it is Game of Thrones. What were they thinking putting it on the same night I have 14 people coming over for dinner!?!?!?!?

4. Iforgetmypassword

Iforgetmypassword "I am Mrs. Nesbit!!"

I know what you mean! The Easter bunny brought us 2 dvds: Les Mis and The Hobbit. We want to watch both, and be done by 9! What with Easter dinner and all, will we have time?? It's going to be tough, watching so much great tv/movies! And, we will dvr The Walking Dead, and will probably watch it after GoT is over. So hard to fit it all in!!

First world problems, right?

5. brookmey

brookmey I may live in the south, but I bleed maize and blu

We did the same thing! After watching most of the 1st season on a free preview weekend, we were hooked. I just finished reading the 3rd book and can't wait to see how the show handles some of the major events in the book. I'm so excited for tonight!

6. chiefmickeymouse

chiefmickeymouse Sarcastic, silly and socially awkward

I've been waiting for Game of Thrones to come back for months. Unfortunately, I am the only one in my family (and actually anyone I know) who watches it/and or read the books!

7. chobie

chobie <font color=teal>Fish are friends, not food<br><fo

Yes, Tyrion is my favorite,

8. bengalbelle

bengalbelle Geaux Tigers!<br><font color=blue>Will post anywhe

I can't wait!

9. TinkerBelled

TinkerBelled DIS Veteran

Very excited. I used to love Tyrion, but then my mom pointed out that Peter Dinklage has the weirdest accent in the show, and I can't watch it with a straight face anymore. I've always been a Jon Snow girl myself. Also, love Arya. She's interesting.

10. cybrkitn

cybrkitn We called it Bonko

We haven't read the books yet. I might wait b/c I don't want to have any "spoilers" given away.

So, what takes does everyone have on who they think will sit upon the throne? I personally cannot stand Joffrey and am so looking forward to the day he is dethroned! So I would like to see King Robert's son (the one in hiding with Arya) and Khalisee. For some reason I can see those two as ruling together compared to anyone else.

11. cybrkitn

He's DH's favorite, too. Out of all the Lanisters he's the best one.

12. Halloweenqueen

Halloweenqueen Whenever Candle Lights Flicker...

Walking Dead and GOT tonight! I'm in zombie/whitewalker heaven!

Sandor is my favorite character. Hope they stick to the first half of SOS with his storyline!

13. CaliBear

CaliBear DIS Veteran

I'm so with you on Jon and Bran chapters. Dany's chapters are either fantastic or boring. I think her storyline this season will be great.

14. goofy4tink

goofy4tink No tags...not needed! Transportation moderator Moderator

Yes......
    and yes!!! Love Tyrion but also love Jon Snow. Did love Ned...see how that worked out for me!!

Is it tonight yet????

15. smkiya

smkiya <font color=deeppink>Sorta new. ;) Still gets a ta

Has an official season 3 thread been started yet?

16. Dancind

Dancind Tinkerbell's Mom

Cannot wait. We've read all the books, but must confess skipping many chapters. Love the Stark and Lannister families, and Dany. My theory is that end game is Dany and Jon Snow.

17. lightmoonstone

lightmoonstone Mouseketeer

@Calibear Ditto on the Dany chapters!

I was kind of bummed not to see any Arya/Jaime or Reek...I mean, Theon.

Really glad to see the Tyrell's cementing themselves in King's Landing and Barristan Selmy!!!

18. ZuZugal

ZuZugal DIS Veteran<br><font color=red>There are many reas

Just watched it (dvr'd it last night). I loved jon snow last season but already I am not a big fan of his just from this episode. He used to be more of a leader than a follower I guess...

I want someone to cut Joffrey's balls off, really I do.

I love all of the "bad" characters because they are the most interesting, esp the women. Cersei is my favorite. She is so darned smart and wants everything her way. Joffrey may just be her undoing.

What is going to happen with Stanis and the crazy lady?? She seems so evil and he seems so dumb to follow her. I have not read-ahead in my books; I want to watch it first!!

I do love Tyrion. Favorite line from last night's episode w/Cersei...she tells him he is not half as smart as he thinks he is, and he tells her "but I am still smarter than you!!" Those 2 have the best quick-witted one-line-zinger conversations.

19. cybrkitn

I'm wondering if Joffrey's new girl is up to something or, if she is genuine, will she be the one to turn his cold heart into a warm one. You can see that his mother doesn't seem to trust her in the least.

Cersei's character bothers me a bit b/c it reminds me of the battered wife syndrome. When will her character finally realize what the right thing is to do and go ahead and do it?!

DH and I noticed that the Red Witch already has her spell on Stanis. We could tell just by looking at him that he has changed and kind of out of it.

I'm also wondering if Tyrion will eventually break away from his family. His father resents what happened to his wife while she was giving birth to Tyrion. He makes sure that Tyrion never forgets that.

As for Jon Snow, I think he is trying to get on the inside. I don't believe that he is turning his back on the Watch. I really think he's up to something.

Khaleesi - DH and I are wondering who sent the assassin after her. I'm wondering if it was the Red Witch. Also wondering if Khaleesi's dragons and the Red Witch will eventually go head-to-head in the future. Or if the Red Witch and the White Walkers will go head-to-head or will they join forces? Oh, the possibilities...:scratchin

I was a little disappointed that they didn't have Arya in this ep. But, there are a lot of side stories going on in one episode.

Can't wait until Sunday :hyper:

20. nicolita3

nicolita3 DIS Veteran

The assassin was from the people from last season, the magicians who stole her dragons I believe

21. Jennasis

Jennasis DIS life goes on

Haven't read the books?