Winter Dining in Cafe Orleans or Carnation Cafe question!

alexjewels

Earning My Ears
Okay so my family and I are wanting to eat at either Carnation Cafe or Cafe Orleans when we go to DL on November 19th! I know both these places are outside eaterys, so does anyone think it'd be too cold to eat outside during this time of the year?
:):thumbsup2

Okay so my family and I are wanting to eat at either Carnation Cafe or Cafe Orleans when we go to DL on November 19th! I know both these places are outside eaterys, so does anyone think it'd be too cold to eat outside during this time of the year?
:):thumbsup2

I guess it depends on where you live. We live in Utah and it's currently snowing so even a cool So Cal day would be warmer than where we are now. My kids are out in the snow.

I guess it depends on where you live. We live in Utah and it's currently snowing so even a cool So Cal day would be warmer than where we are now. My kids are out in the snow.
Yeah I guess you're right.
I mean I'm an AP and live about 4 hours away from DLR but there's still a difference in weather from them. I'm more inland.

Cafe Orleans does have a small inside seating area. There are maybe 15 tables inside, so it is a SMALL area. We were there in late October, and sat inside.

I know they have outdoor heaters at the Celebration BBQ they can turn on if it's cold outside. I didn't look at any of the other restaurants with outdoor seating, but I would imagine that there are heaters at most of the other places. Disney wants you to be comfortable so you'll spend your money in the park! ;-)

We had dinner outside at Cafe Orleans in January and it wasn't all that bad. (I'm a desert rat and get cold very easily.) Their hot chocolate is the absolute best!

It will be chilly, but it was worth it to us to brave the cold for our Monte Cristos and baked potato soup. However, be aware that if it rains both will close.

We come from a warm tropical climate and we found DL freezing in December, but we happily ate at Carnation Cafe many times. The loaded potato soup is just so amazing. We didn't feel cold or uncomfortable with the cold at all whilst dining there (although we kept our jackets on :thumbsup2 )

I've asked this question on another thread.....I'm still wondering the same as well. We are cold wimps and my DD5, DD2 and DS10 months all shake and teeth chatter if it gets under 60 degrees. We'll dress warm, but I had assumed that Disney used outdoor heaters at all outside eating areas....even the "quick stops"....is that true or not? I can't imagine that Carnation Cafe and/or Cafe Orleans doesn't use heaters...they do don't they??? If not they really should, given Cafe Orleans can be somewhat pricey for three courses. I would think Disneyland would operate all outside eating areas so you could take your coats off while you eat. Toddlers trying to eat in bulky jackets are not a fun thing!!

I assume there are heaters but I can't say 100% for sure. We ate at the Cafe Orleans December 10, 2009, about 5 PM, a day which had a below-average high temperature of 63. I don't recall being cold, and I am from one of those places that hits 110 regularly in the summer and wears a coat at 65 degrees.

We ate at both places this past week and neither have heaters. (Heaters are kind of hard to do when there are table umbrellas.) We were quite chilly at Cafe Orleans at dinner time (it was probably about 55 degrees). Once the spicy gumbo arrived, I warmed right up! :thumbsup2 I would recommend eating there for lunch during the warmest part of day. Once the sun goes down, I always feel chilly, even when it isn't terribly cold....it's all in my head, I know.

Rancho del Zocalo has heaters though, and they were wonderful!

We always eat at the Cafe Orleans the last week in November for LUNCH and it's been nice every year. We live in the San Diego mountains. LOVE the Gumbo!!!

I don't know so much about cold as usually we have just worn our jackets if need be but I CAN tell you if it rains you will be out of luck for carnation cafe. Not sure about CO but since they have overhangs it MAY or may not be ok. I just know that we had the bbq, cc, and I think MAYBE CO all booked for last decemember and they all were cancelled on us :(.

So might be good to have a backup plan for those things but as far as cold I have never found it TOO bad.

Good luck and I hope it all works out!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!