Winery in greater LA area?

Discussion in 'California & the West' started by steveyjc81, Nov 18, 2012.

1. steveyjc81

steveyjc81 Mouseketeer

Can anyone recommend a winery in the greater LA area? Would like to visit and do a tour, maybe a few tastings (prob not buy any cases of wine though).

Thanks in advance, Steve

2. Avatar

Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide this advert.
  3. danaesacto

danaesacto DIS Veteran

While you are waiting for someone who knows a specific place- this might help: http://www.temeculawines.org/

There are maps, descriptions of the wines and wineries, and other visitors info.

4. steveyjc81

steveyjc81 Mouseketeer

Thanks for your help!

5. ImDMous

ImDMous DIS Veteran

I'm not too familiar with any wineries around LA, but we are members at several in Temecula. I guess it depends on where you are staying and how far you want to drive. It will take about an hour and half to drive from Disneyland to Temecula Wine country.

6. msteddom

msteddom <font color=blue>We always wait in line in Califor

There really aren't any wineries in Los Angeles. You either have to drive two hours north to Santa Ynez (this is where the movie Sideways was set), or two hours south to Temecula. It can be a wonderful day trip, no matter which one you choose.

Melissa

7. tinkerbelt

tinkerbelt DIS Veteran

Galleano is in Mira Loma, which is closer than Temecula. There's also a winery in Ontario, but I forget the name. Depending on where you'll be staying in LA, those wouldn't be a bad drive for you. Probably about an hour if you avoid rush hour traffic. I've never been to either, so I can't comment on how good they are, but I've heard good things about Galleano.

If you have time, the drive to Temecula wine country is worth it. They have some great wineries.