Winemakers at the Food & Wine Festival

DisneyLoveOCNJ

Earning My Ears
Hi All!
Does anyone know who the winemakers at the food and wine festival will be? I have never been to the food and wine festival before. Are they the actual winemakers or just no-body fill ins?

any suggestions on how to go about festival?

AND is it everyday? And then the concerts are on certain days? Does it cost extra to actually get in? Or does it just cost for special events

Hey! :wave2: Welcome to the Dis! While I don't have specific answers to your questions, I can tell you where to find them. If you google Disney Food Blog, it'll take you to a very comprehensive site with links to all things Food and Wine! Enjoy~!pixiedust:

Hi All!
Does anyone know who the winemakers at the food and wine festival will be? I have never been to the food and wine festival before. Are they the actual winemakers or just no-body fill ins?

any suggestions on how to go about festival?

AND is it everyday? And then the concerts are on certain days? Does it cost extra to actually get in? Or does it just cost for special events

The Disney Food Blog is a good place to start. It has a list of all the deminars and seminars, book signings, culinary events and special events, as well as the list of the concert performers.
There is no extra charge for the Food & Wine festival. There are about 24 international booths set up along the lagoon. Each sells tapa sized portions of native foods. They also offer, wine, beer and some spirits as well. The cost of the food is between $3 and $7ish. The are small tastes and lots of fun to try many different countries.
The festival is every day starting when WS opens at 11 until 9 PM close.
The concerts are 3 times each evening.

Go to the Food and Wine Festival Sticky Thread at the top of this forum.

Find posts 504 and 505. These posts contain a copy of the Festival brochure that has a list of all the participating wineries.

If you are looking for a schedule as to which guest winery will be there which week, in the first post of the sticky thread you will find a link to the Beverage seminars. They may not cover everything, but you will know which wineries are doing seminars which week.

Hi All!
Does anyone know who the winemakers at the food and wine festival will be? ...Are they the actual winemakers or just no-body fill ins?

Not sure what your definition of a "no-body fill in" is, but in my experience, seminars and tastings are led by regional sales managers from the brand, or by a representative of the importer/distributor. That said, there are many wine seminars, and it is impossible to know who is going to show up. If you look at the list, most of the seminars/tastings feature wines from very large conglomerates. (Think Diageo, Constellation, LVMH, E&J Gallo). It's a good bet that there will be "Southeast Regional Reps" leading those types of seminars.

(My DW used to work for an importer and conducted tastings and seminars, (not at F&W, but in our region), and I don't consider her to be a no-body fill in. But that's just me!:flower3:)

If it's a family owned winery you will often get one of the family members at the seminar. DH and I find those seminars the most interesting and fun. For example, one year we attended a Fess Parker Winery seminar. Fess Parker's son did the presentation. He talked about his dad, how and why they started the business, how he (the son) learned wine making, etc. After attending quite a few seminars over a few years now, that one still remains my favorite.

If it's a family owned winery you will often get one of the family members at the seminar.
You certainly have a better chance of meeting someone involved with the operation if the winery is not part of a big corporate group. But keep in mind that the Epcot F&W festival takes place right in the heart of crush for northern hemisphere wineries, and not too many winemakers are going to abandon their post and sprint off to Florida in the middle of their most critical season.

. . .DH and I find those seminars the most interesting and fun. For example, one year we attended a Fess Parker Winery seminar. Fess Parker's son did the presentation. He talked about his dad, how and why they started the business, how he (the son) learned wine making, etc . . .

Now, THAT ONE is a seminar I wish I had attended !!!

NOTE: I started drinking their wines in Colonial Williamsburg, and have enjoyed
them ever since.

Is that Fess Parker's son Eli? He gives a good presentation. There's also Kate McMurray, the daughter of Fred McMurray, who runs a winery and hosts the tastings herself. And John Lasseter's vineyard has a tasting during the festival, although there's no indication that Lasseter himself will show up. I guess it's possible he might.

as far as how to approach the festival...share share and share. we went for a quick 2 day trip last year (two adults) and didn't make it to a lot of the booths we were just too full.

Is that Fess Parker's son Eli? He gives a good presentation. There's also Kate McMurray, the daughter of Fred McMurray, who runs a winery and hosts the tastings herself. And John Lasseter's vineyard has a tasting during the festival, although there's no indication that Lasseter himself will show up. I guess it's possible he might.

According to the Festival Info John's wife Nancy will be hosting the Seminar. It's the day we leave so I'm trying to determine if we can do the seminar and get back to the hotel in time to catch ME to the airport.

I believe someone from the Meeker family will be conducting the Meeker Vineyards seminars again. One year we had the Parents & 1 or 2 of the sons.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter