Wine opener in a studio?

Steamboat Girlie

I WANT TO BE LOCKED IN THE DISNEY VAULT! "Huh-huh.
We are new to DVC and next month will be our first stay in a studio (or any DVC room for that matter). Is there a wine opener in the studio? What else is in the studio? I remember seeing a link with a list of items, but I can't find it now.
Thanks in advance.

From allearsnet.com

Studios are similar to a Deluxe Resort room, with the addition of a small kitchenette. The kitchenette has a toaster, microwave, under-counter refrigerator with small freezer, coffeemaker, and bar sink. Disposable hot and cold drinking cups, paper plates and bowls, plastic utensils, a sponge, paper towels, a can opener and a corkscrew are furnished. Coffee, creamer, sugar and sweetener are supplied in small amounts. The room is 390 square feet and has two queen size beds, a nightstand, a small table with two chairs, and a ceiling fan. There is an armoire with a TV and dresser drawers underneath, and a nice-sized closet. Inside the closet is a vacuum cleaner, iron, ironing board, portable crib with linens, and a key operated safe. The bathroom, equipped with a hairdryer, is extremely large with drawers and under-sink storage. All villas have a patio or balcony with two chairs and small table. Studio units sleep four, plus one child under the age of 3 in a crib.

This is the description of OKW studios, so mentions largest sq ft and 2 Qs. Other studios have 1 Q and the full-size pullout.

If you are missing the can opener or cork screw, mousekeeping will deliver it.

They didn't have one in SSR when we were there a few months ago, but Mousekeeping was able to bring one. They said that they aren't put in the rooms unless requested, but I don't know if that's true.

Last studio I was in was at Boardwalk Villas, and there was a corkscrew in the room.

In the past weather we've been in a room without a wine opener or a regular room that just wouldn't have one, the CM at the store we were buying the wine from would let us " use " one of the openers they were selling in the store to pop open the bottle before we left.

We always either bring a bottle of wine or buy one before we arrive - and I'd say our experience having a corkscrew in the room has been about 50/50. We've had no problem getting one upon request. I've also taken the bottle to the bar/lounge and had them open it for me when our room has been close. The bigger issue is that the studios don't have wine glasses - but we've gotten them on request.

I saw on that list there is a "key" safe. Do any of the newer locations have the keypad safe? I remember last year at the CR we had the keypad, however the year before at POP it was the key.

I guess my redneck ways might be showing -- I've poured the wine into a regular glass and have even been known to use plastic cups :scared1: At least I didn't drink it out of the bottle :drinking1

We take a wine opener with us. There's SUPPOSED to be one in all the villas, but we've found that as often as not, it's not there. It's just easier to throw a small corkscrew in the luggage and not have to worry about getting one from housekeeping.

DisFlan

On our first stay last Oct there wasn't a wine opener and DH went to the front desk to request it. He was told by the first couple of CMs that they didn't know what a corkscrew was, but then they managed to find one. We didn't think of calling Mousekeeping, that probably would be easier.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter