#Wine&DineHalf: I'm Only Running for the Food & Wine FINISHED

I am glad the boot is helping but I probably wouldn't be happy with the wait and see approach either.

Wait and See are not my favorite things in life. This past week my ankle has been hurting more than usual which has me a little scared. I have not done anything differently...sigh! AND YES I AM WEARING THE DANG BOOT!

Narcoossee’s is a great place for a celebratory dinner - and it's awesome that you got to see the fireworks and the Electric Water Pageant.

Sorry to hear that you're still sidelined, but I'm glad the injury is getting better! Wait and see is never fun, but sometimes it's what you have to do.

I can't wait for my next celebration dinner there...heck I don't even need a reason for celebration to eat there!

I am just happy you don't have a knife welding DR on your hands, he's cautiously
optimistic, that's not a bad thing. This, my friend , is a practice in Patience.

God, grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change,
Courage to change the things I can,
And wisdom to know the difference.

This is something you can't change right now. But there are other things you are already doing that will make a marathon possible. So keep your eye on the prize, this is just a little detour on the journey.

I need that prayer for a lot of things lately. At least the set back gives us more time to save...already looking forward to some of things we are saving for...GF stay? 2 days of spa? tea at the GF?

Ok, I am totally behind and need to catch up!

Okay, I am not a beer drinker AT ALL…can’t stand the stuff but everyone kept insisting that even I would like a Grapefruit beer. I proudly texted a picture of me holding the beer to Mr. Grumpy at home and then of course on Facebook just to get reactions out of everyone. What I should have done was gotten a picture of my first sip and then pictures of me trying my best to choke down the stuff. Nope, this will not make me a beer drinker! As an ode to my sorority days of long ago, I chugged the thing just to say after 30 years of being legal to drink I drank an ENTIRE beer! One and done! Now to cleanse my palate of that nasty stuff I had to go with the Apple Strudel!

I so wish you would have loved it since I raved about it so much, but you are a trooper for chugging it anyways! And at least you tried and know you don't like it.

• I am sad that I missed out on so many great character opportunities (not that I am a character person). I was so focused on my mission of eats & drinks that I failed to even notice the characters.
  • I honestly do not know what people were complaining about…we never waited more than 5 minutes at any booth or attraction the entire evening. I saw lots of complaints about this and people leaving in a huff before 10 pm. Epcot officially closed after illuminations around 9:30 pm. It takes time to clear the park, so chill out people. By the time we left around 11 pm it the crowd level was extremely low.

We spent the beginning of the party waiting for Remy to come out. The lines were horrendous in France while we waited. Maybe because of people still around who didn't have party tickets? I did think a lot of lines in the first half of WS from Canada side on were pretty long, but by the time we got over to China, New Zealand, etc they had thinned out a bit. And we walked on Soarin' so that was nice. But we were done pretty early too. Next time I think I need to push the celebratory dinner to the next day or something so that I can nap longer and enjoy the booths. Since I signed up for the Challenge again this year I better start thinking about it I guess.

Tuesday: Best Day Ever

1. Everest Challenge

1.jpg
1 a.jpeg
I can’t decide if Expedition Everest is my favorite ride or not at WDW, but it is certainly the one that I have the most fun with. Cammy and I started what we call as the EE Challenge…simply how many times can you ride EE back to back, no breaks. Our record was 4 during PHM and I was determined to beat that this trip. I almost didn’t think I would because we when arrived at EE, it was down but that was not stopping me and I insisted we wait…which we did and were rewarded for our patience a short time later. Rides 1-4 were great, but ride 5 it started to hit me and at ride 6…I knew I was done (or rather my stomach did) and I tapped out at 6.

2. Flag Retreat

2  Flag Retreat.JPG

Today was Election Day and it was so nice to be trapped in the Disney bubble without caring about what was happening in the real world. We arrived for MVMCP just in time for the evening flag retreat…how totally appropriate for the day!

3. Snow

3 Snow.JPG

This trip for me was about enjoying all the little moments. While Buffy and Debra went off to meet Santy Claus I stood in the middle of Main Street and lived in the moment…nothing is more magical at Disney than snow!

4. Holiday Wishes

4 Holiday Wishes.JPG

I am a Wishes girl and you can guarantee that if I can each evening I will be right in front of the castle or somewhere close by!

5. MVMCP Parade

5 Parade.JPG

Can you believe I have never seen a Disney parade from start to finish. I checked that off my Disney bucket list this trip with the MCMCP party! I camped out on that curb for over an hour at just the right place to catch the floats as they turned onto Main Street.

6. MCMVP

6.jpeg

I am so glad that we went to the party! While I did not ride a lot or even do a lot, I enjoyed just being there in the holiday atmosphere! What a totally wonderful night way to spend the last night of our trip!

Ok, I am totally behind and need to catch up!

I so wish you would have loved it since I raved about it so much, but you are a trooper for chugging it anyways! And at least you tried and know you don't like it.

I wish I would have tried the one that Jan had...maybe I would have liked it better. I just dont like the malt taste I guess....

We spent the beginning of the party waiting for Remy to come out. The lines were horrendous in France while we waited. Maybe because of people still around who didn't have party tickets? I did think a lot of lines in the first half of WS from Canada side on were pretty long, but by the time we got over to China, New Zealand, etc they had thinned out a bit. And we walked on Soarin' so that was nice. But we were done pretty early too. Next time I think I need to push the celebratory dinner to the next day or something so that I can nap longer and enjoy the booths. Since I signed up for the Challenge again this year I better start thinking about it I guess.

So jealous of you getting to go again this year...hopefully with any luck I will be at RnR Vegas the next week.

I need that prayer for a lot of things lately. At least the set back gives us more time to save...already looking forward to some of things we are saving for...GF stay? 2 days of spa? tea at the GF?

LOL you think you are in control of your life, but someone else has other plans.

I'm all good with saving more pennies to live high on the hog while we are there.

Tuesday: Best Day Ever

1. Everest Challenge

2. Flag Retreat
3. Snow
4. Holiday Wishes
5. MVMCP Parade

6. MCMVP

Best day evah!!!! Even when I had to step away to yell at my kid over the phone. I think the best part about this trip is that the three of us had no pressure to follow each other around. You were happy as a clam on Main Street while Debra and I got to see Jack Skellington and tlk to other Nightmare nerds. It really flowed nicely. I rode Space Mountain with Debra even though I hate it and we had fun playing the new games in line and making the funny video, you got pool time, I got to chill without having mommy mommy mommy in my ear 1000 times. To me it was the perfect trip minus the stomach bug, I could have lived without that. But even with it, I had my best feeling half marathon and I came away thinking I could actually do a full.

Everest is always fun. 6 times is pretty good. I don't think I have done it more than twice back to back.

I have never seen the Flag retreat but I really need to.

6 trips on Expedition Everest ... I am impressed! My stomach never would have made it that far.

Very cool that you got to see the Flag Retreat (and on election day of all days!)! I've never seen it ... I'm never at the front of the park at that time of day, I'm usually somewhere in Fantasyland.

Sounds like you had a good time at MVMCP! Snow in Florida is definitely interesting ... but I could see why it would make the party even more magical.

Tuesday: Eats & Drinks

My pre-breakfast this morning was a little gift from Buffy…

0.JPG

Almond –crusted cheesecake leftovers! But my real breakfast was…

1.JPG

a Mickey Bar. Growing up no family vacation was complete without ice cream for breakfast at least one time. It is a tradition I carry on with my own family. My stomach was not pleased after the EE challenge so it was a Mickey bar to solve what ailed me! We had scheduled an early lunch at Yak & Yeti where I ordered the…

2.JPG

lettuce wraps. I was quite disappointed in them, while Raglan Road was under seasoned these were over seasoned with salt and soy sauce almost to the point that you could not eat them. Another place, I will scratch off my food list. Heading out the AK I picked up a….

3.JPG

Pumpkin Spiced Latte to go with my shirt of the day before heading off to a DVC tour. Dinner tonight was in the Magic Kingdom, where we planned to just graze. We all had the…

4.JPG

Sweet & Spicy Chicken Waffle at Sleepy Hollow. So yummy, I love the combination of sweet, spicy and salty together. I wish I would have ordered another one but I had planned to go to Friar’s Nook for the Pot Roast Mac & Cheese…which for some reason never happened (oh well, next trip). The rest of the evening I went on a sugar high with sampling…

6.jpg IMG_0977.PNG

all the cookies during the party. My favorite cookie of the evening was the peppermint chip with the gingersnap a close second. To end the evening…

5.JPG

the pumpkin spiced holiday waffle with ice cream.

LOL you think you are in control of your life, but someone else has other plans.

I'm all good with saving more pennies to live high on the hog while we are there.

LOL...but I want to be in control! And I want to totally have a deluxe trip next time...although this one was pretty deluxe!

Best day evah!!!! Even when I had to step away to yell at my kid over the phone. I think the best part about this trip is that the three of us had no pressure to follow each other around. You were happy as a clam on Main Street while Debra and I got to see Jack Skellington and tlk to other Nightmare nerds. It really flowed nicely. I rode Space Mountain with Debra even though I hate it and we had fun playing the new games in line and making the funny video, you got pool time, I got to chill without having mommy mommy mommy in my ear 1000 times. To me it was the perfect trip minus the stomach bug, I could have lived without that. But even with it, I had my best feeling half marathon and I came away thinking I could actually do a full.

I had totally forgotten that you had to deal with the mommy stuff that night. I was totally happy as a clam on mainstreet that night.

Nope, not that...TA stuff didn't start until Wed. Oh well, not a big deal...I was somewhere.

Maybe something star wars?

Everest is always fun. 6 times is pretty good. I don't think I have done it more than twice back to back.

I have never seen the Flag retreat but I really need to.

The flag retreat is a must see! I loved every minute of it.

6 trips on Expedition Everest ... I am impressed! My stomach never would have made it that far.

Very cool that you got to see the Flag Retreat (and on election day of all days!)! I've never seen it ... I'm never at the front of the park at that time of day, I'm usually somewhere in Fantasyland.

Sounds like you had a good time at MVMCP! Snow in Florida is definitely interesting ... but I could see why it would make the party even more magical.

Secretly I was not sure that I was not going to lose it during the 6th ride...I was getting pretty green. We just happened to walk in to the MVMCP right at the time the flag retreat was about to happen.

A Mickey Bar is a perfect breakfast in Disney!

I've never had any kind of chicken and waffles...

I've discovered that Mickey Bars are the solution to all ride-related issues at Disney (and all other issues too). The first time I rode EE I got really dizzy and lightheaded afterwards (it hasn't happened since ... I must have been sick or something that day), and a Mickey Bar solved the problem instantly!

Wednesday: Worst Day Ever

The day you go home from WDW is never a the Best Day Ever. That morning Buffy & I said our goodbyes to Debra and headed back to Epcot until the Tragic Express would arrive to take us home. It was my goal to finished what I started and get to all of the Food & Wine Booths…which is a good thing and will be reserved for Eats & Drinks, but here is what made this day the WORST DAY EVER!

1. Lost my Disney Gift Card-Remember all the hard work I had done the last year of with my Disney Pennie earning with all those crazy apps and websites that I put on a gift card to use for this trip…well by this time the card still had around $400 of the $700 that was on it. Somewhere between Poland and Brazil, I lost my card. Thankfully, I had the Disney gift card app on my phone and Buffy had a Disney gift card and we immediately transferred my balance to that card…thankfully I may have only lost a few dollars instead of hundreds!

images.jpg tada-mickey-2-0.1x.jpg IMG_3735.jpg

2. Failed Mission-I have to say I gave it a great effort, but I failed in my quest to visit all of the Food & Wine booths (darn Thursday not following the plan). Here is what I missed…

• The Chew-Peanut Butter & White Cholcate Moussee with a Caramel Drizzle
  • Refreshment Port-Dole Whip with Rum & Croissant Doughnut
  • Desserts & Champagne-Moet & Chandon Ice Imperial
  • Patagonia-Grilled Beef Skewer
  • Belgium-Belgian Waffle with Warm Chocolate

3. Tragic Express Ride-Worst ride in WDW, enough said.

IMG_1517.JPG IMG_1521.JPG

I enjoyed your trip report! I'm having the same issues with my ankle - I've self diagnosed it as the same thing that you have but of course, I'm getting that confirmed at my favorite sports medicine doctor next week (it's not the years, it's the mileage). Last race was the race that wasn't - aka the Disney World 1/2 Marathon that was cancelled. I have still been running until earlier this week when the pain was such that I thought Oh, maybe I should not run.

Hope yours heals quickly!

Yay! Great report. What's this gift card app? I have a bunch too and would like to make sure not to lose mine as well. LOL

Departure day really is the worst day ever ... but at least it came at the end of a great trip! Thanks for sharing the trip with us - it was great to hear about your adventures eating, drinking, and running around the world!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter