Wine and Dine 2015

Why not go to the expo and then Uber it straight to AK? That'll save you all kinds of time.

great job 5150! That is a great feeling. Hope your training is going well. I did a leisurely half today at disneyland and all my splits went up!....too many character stops and my running buddy wasn't ready ,so we walked a lot. I just used it as a training run. Actually I race against myself more in training more than in a disney race since there are more things at disney races that can slow your time ( photo ops, congestion, smelling of the roses)

Good Morning! Hope you all have your FF+ wishes granted and are pre-checked in to your W&D hotels! I'm getting very excited for my first rD event after seeing all the pictures of the DL 1/2 this weekend!!

I do need some help from you guys though. I've combed through last year's program and all the threads I could find but I'm still wondering about this part. My DD25 isn't running with us in the 5k, does she have to get on one of the runners buses before the last one at 5:30 to see us start and finish? or are there later buses for the spectators? Do spectators just stand around without coffee and amenities while we run through the park? I've seen the cool Cheersquad areas for some of the halfs but i didn't know if there was something similar for this 5k.

I think I know the answer but just wanted to check...

Running - heck, even run/walking - and I are not really on speaking terms right now. I *am* doing hot yoga a few times a week and Taekwondo 5-6 times per week. I walk pretty quickly and should be able to walk the half in Disney's limits - especially since I submitted a sub-2:45 time. BUT... Since Taekwondo is done barefoot, my feet are having some adjustment issues and can be really sore. So I'm undecided right now.

IF I decide to not attempt it, I could still get my stuff from the Expo and use the bib to go to the after-party to hang with friends, right?

Good Morning! Hope you all have your FF+ wishes granted and are pre-checked in to your W&D hotels! I'm getting very excited for my first rD event after seeing all the pictures of the DL 1/2 this weekend!!

I do need some help from you guys though. I've combed through last year's program and all the threads I could find but I'm still wondering about this part. My DD25 isn't running with us in the 5k, does she have to get on one of the runners buses before the last one at 5:30 to see us start and finish? or are there later buses for the spectators? Do spectators just stand around without coffee and amenities while we run through the park? I've seen the cool Cheersquad areas for some of the halfs but i didn't know if there was something similar for this 5k.

I cant say for sure there are not busses for spectators, but, I would have her take a bus with the runners. And probably even just go with you.

The 5k corrals move pretty quickly. You can all hang out in the pre race area with characters and dj's and things, then she could wait there when you go to your corral. The start and finish are in the same area for jingle jungle and the first 5k finishers will be quick, so there should not be much, if any downtime in that area. I cant remember if there were vendor stands for that race, but there have been for every other race I have done, including the princess 5k. If they had it for that 5k, I would imagine they do for the others. I actually really like hanging out in the pre and post race areas!

Just had the worse training run ever.....

Am trying a new supplement- a thermogenic (cellucor super HD extreme for anyone curious) and while I do okay with those in general; I think the increase in heart rate just did me in. This is the first time EVER that I have aborted a run. I literally was running along and struggling to run more than 45 seconds without needing to stop to catch my breath. Literally. I felt like I was never recovered. The easiest way to describe it is if any of you have ever done a heart rate test or cardio fitness kind of test where you're operating literally at your max heart rate. When that happens, no matter how much harder you push- your heart will not beat any faster. I'm not out of shape, I'm actually in great cardiac shape (thank the lord) but I think considering my heart rate not on thermogenics is typically around 175-180 when running, the addition of the supplement was just too much.

I'm so embarrassed because I made my intervals but at 3.2 miles I had to turn back. Which meant I got my distance to 6.5, but it took me about 1:30 give or take. I've never aborted a run. I've never had a long run day where my distance went negative- my long runs are up at 8-10 miles right now. I can cover those 8-10 miles in the same time it took me to do today's distance. I'm beating myself up pretty hardcore. Every step I took, my muscles felt like ropes on my skeleton. At one point, I felt like pulling to the side of the rail trail and puking. I never felt like my heart was racing persay, I just felt like with every step I'd already run a marathon (no pun intended) and was trying to sprint to the finish line. Mentally, this was a terrible outing.

*sigh*

I guess at least I know if I need to, I can still walk the race and keep less than a 16 min/mi- but that's the only positive of today's run.

Feeling pretty beat up right now :(

I hear you 100%.

You're right, better to learn that maybe on long run day I can't take my thermogenics now vs on race day. I came here to share because no one else would really understand the feeling of a bad run. Better to share with others who get it (at least that's where I'm at mentally, needing to vent to people who get it) than to vent to people who don't and can only look at me with a blank stare.

I'm telling myself that today's run still at least worked my body. I maintained my time in terms of the time I asked my body to be active. And I learned what it feels like to be at that point where I knew I shouldn't push to go 10 miles. I'm not a quitter by nature, but I felt so out of sorts that I knew I had better not push.

I think I know the answer but just wanted to check...

Running - heck, even run/walking - and I are not really on speaking terms right now. I *am* doing hot yoga a few times a week and Taekwondo 5-6 times per week. I walk pretty quickly and should be able to walk the half in Disney's limits - especially since I submitted a sub-2:45 time. BUT... Since Taekwondo is done barefoot, my feet are having some adjustment issues and can be really sore. So I'm undecided right now.

IF I decide to not attempt it, I could still get my stuff from the Expo and use the bib to go to the after-party to hang with friends, right?

Yes you could.

I cannot believe this race is finally so close. I got the email to pick my fast passes and started to panic a bit. It seemed so far away when I was signing up.

I cannot wait though. This is going to be an amazing first half marathon.

Does anyone remember from previous races how much the t-shirts run at the expo? I have just done 5k Disney races before and didn't buy any merchandise. With never having run a half marathon before I want some extra souvenirs.

Does anyone remember from previous races how much the t-shirts run at the expo? I have just done 5k Disney races before and didn't buy any merchandise. With never having run a half marathon before I want some extra souvenirs.
At Tinker Bell they were $36.95, minus 10% Disney Visa discount if you have one.

YIKES!!

That's pricey. Tell me you meant that it was $40USD for TECH tshirts, and not just for regular cotton? *thinks she may have to get a second career before the race if not*

Thanks Miranda. I need to start saving since I will be buying one for myself and my sisters!

This may have been addressed but can't find it...I know you can leave a bag at the beginning of the race with extra clothes, etc. I'm assuming they somehow transport that stuff to the end of the race for you? My DH and I definitely want dry socks, shirts and change of shoes for after party. Should we get a locker at Epcot or is it easy to use the race bag drop off? Thanks

YIKES!!

That's pricey. Tell me you meant that it was $40USD for TECH tshirts, and not just for regular cotton? *thinks she may have to get a second career before the race if not*
Oops... so, I actually bought one of the designs they released online after the race because I'm a Disney sucker. :o And I had just checked the price of that one in my email before I replied because I thought they were all the same price, and it was $36.95. It was one of the cotton ones. I just went and looked at the ones I actually bought at the expo and the cotton "I Did It!" one was $32.95 and the tech one was $39.95.

I went a little overboard on shirts... it was my first rD race. :o

Just had the worse training run ever.....

Am trying a new supplement- a thermogenic (cellucor super HD extreme for anyone curious) and while I do okay with those in general; I think the increase in heart rate just did me in. This is the first time EVER that I have aborted a run. I literally was running along and struggling to run more than 45 seconds without needing to stop to catch my breath. Literally. I felt like I was never recovered. The easiest way to describe it is if any of you have ever done a heart rate test or cardio fitness kind of test where you're operating literally at your max heart rate. When that happens, no matter how much harder you push- your heart will not beat any faster. I'm not out of shape, I'm actually in great cardiac shape (thank the lord) but I think considering my heart rate not on thermogenics is typically around 175-180 when running, the addition of the supplement was just too much.

I'm so embarrassed because I made my intervals but at 3.2 miles I had to turn back. Which meant I got my distance to 6.5, but it took me about 1:30 give or take. I've never aborted a run. I've never had a long run day where my distance went negative- my long runs are up at 8-10 miles right now. I can cover those 8-10 miles in the same time it took me to do today's distance. I'm beating myself up pretty hardcore. Every step I took, my muscles felt like ropes on my skeleton. At one point, I felt like pulling to the side of the rail trail and puking. I never felt like my heart was racing persay, I just felt like with every step I'd already run a marathon (no pun intended) and was trying to sprint to the finish line. Mentally, this was a terrible outing.

*sigh*

I guess at least I know if I need to, I can still walk the race and keep less than a 16 min/mi- but that's the only positive of today's run.

Feeling pretty beat up right now :(

I am definitely not as fast as you, but I also had a rough run on Sat. I currently do about 12 min miles for long runs. My last race was PHM in February. Since then, I took some time off and started my current training in July. Almost a month ago I was up to 5.5 miles. Then I got the flu. Felt horrible for a week and a half, then started to recover, and still kind of have a little tickle cough (at really random times, and not consistently). With the holiday I was short on time, and I had not run in 3 weeks. So I did a 3 mile run on Thursday and 7 on Saturday. The heat I am sure didnt help, but it took me 1:45 to do it. I had to walk a lot. Worst time in at least a year. I decided to finish all 7 even walking so my body could at least get the distance in. Not a great feeling. I know I will be fine having the distance down to finish, but really hoping I can build my pace back up in time for W&D. I was doing an 11 min pace back at PHM and my goal was to improve on it this time around. Looking unlikely! Cursed germs :sick:

I guess it was the weekend for tough runs. :) Mine was ok but not great. It was the longest I'd run since Tinker Bell (9.5 miles), and I was hoping to finish in under 2 hours but I only managed 2:03. Plus like 14 total minutes of stoppage (eating gels, buying water and refilling my bottle, and waiting at lights). Plus I ended the route with a very steep and long hill at about mile 8 (about 0.2 mile long and about 100 ft of elevation gain), so that was unpleasant, too. I had to walk up most of it. I guess if I hadn't planned that hill at the end I might have broken 2 hours, but I have very few choices for return paths for longer distance loops. I need to go further out in the other direction if I want to come back on the flatter road. I don't like out and backs, and the logistics of point to point are kind of annoying, since I run early in the morning before my husband is awake.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter