Wine and Dine 2015

I wish I had that possibility. But being a teacher means I can't just take the 20 minutes whenever I need it. :(

I totally understand that. :( I will say that I think you'll likely have time to get in like Ariel484 said. I want to say that W&D last year sold out in a few hours and that was for an anniversary year that typically goes faster, so hopefully you'll have at least until the end of the day. Hopefully you can get a free moment in that amount of time to get registered. It's just hard not to get freaked out when you are waiting. I totally get that! :goodvibes

It made me fill out all my info instead of logging in to my active account. Other than that, went smooth for me. In for both the ½ and the 5K.

Still no update on host resorts. Perhaps once general registration opens.

Next step, waiting to submit proof of time on the site.

Then waiting for Southwest to open their booking window for the race.

I was going to ask if host resorts are usually the same from year to year. I've already got a reservation at CBR based on last year's information and I'd rather not change it...obviously I will if I have to since I don't have a car and am not willing to pay for taxi service when bus service is provided.

I think that you are on to something. I know a few people who prefer the ToT but are running the W&D because the ToT is not available this year.

Ugg. I hadn't thought about that. I had managed to calm myself down, but now I'm back to nervous again. LOL. :scared:

Really? Is rD supposed to put a cap on the number of their races a person is allowed to run? If a race is really and truly important, people will find a way to enter. If it's not, they'll take their money elsewhere.

Right?

Honestly, Disney is basically encouraging people to run multiple races with the advent of Coast-to-Coast and the addition of the pink Coast-to-Coast.

But if you can't get in through registration, there are other ways that don't involve fundraising. Heck, Acclaim still has bibs for the Pixie Dust Challenge in May that I'm trying to tell myself I don't need to sign up for ...

I totally understand that. :( I will say that I think you'll likely have time to get in like Ariel484 said. I want to say that W&D last year sold out in a few hours and that was for an anniversary year that typically goes faster, so hopefully you'll have at least until the end of the day. Hopefully you can get a free moment in that amount of time to get registered. It's just hard not to get freaked out when you are waiting. I totally get that! :goodvibes

Excellent point.

And didn't the DL Half (not Dumbo..."just" the half) take longer than the past couple of years to sell out?

I'm nervous about getting my friends in in two weeks,its frustrating knowing you're in but the people you want to run with are going to have to deal with this and they're not knowledgeable in registering for Run Disney races.I already requested the day off to register them if I have to.With no ToT this year this race is going to be even more of a draw.I've always done ToT and this is my first time doing Wine and Dine,Disney seriously needs to bring back ToT as soon as possible as well as add another major half weekend (Star Wars) to replace the Everest challenge.

I think there are a few factors besides the popularity of runDisney races that contributed to the rapid filling of the registration spots.

1) ToT is on hiatus. Folks who like to pair a run-cation with the autumn offerings of WDW now have only W&D.
2) Some people want a do over from 2014's Splash & Dash. This time last year, my BFF said he would do one race with me in Disney. As we drove back to the resort after the finish, dripping wet, teeth chattering, he stated: "That shouldn't count as my Disney race. I want to enjoy it, not feel like I am swimming standing up."
3) The International Food & Wine Festival concludes the weekend after the race. To me, this is a big one. If I had the vacation time, I could now enjoy my snacking and sipping around World Showcase instead of being concerned about how the added food with non-standard flavors and such are going to settle with me and effect me. I like to eat, especially if its tasty food. I hate limiting it because its gonna make me even slower come race day.

Excellent point.

And didn't the DL Half (not Dumbo..."just" the half) take longer than the past couple of years to sell out?
It did. Dumbo (which I'm thinking may be runDisney's most popular event?) sold out in 30 minutes or something. I think the half was still open the next day. Stunning considering it's the 10th half AND the 60th at DLR.

It did. Dumbo (which I'm thinking may be runDisney's most popular event?) sold out in 30 minutes or something. I think the half was still open the next day. Stunning considering it's the 10th half AND the 60th at DLR.

I think they might have found a way to add spots anticipating a popular race. Sort of kicking myself for not finding a way into that one...

Yeah - Dumbo was done in like 26 minutes, while the Half lasted until roughly lunchtime the following day.

Challenges are always going to go first, just because of the bling and novelty associated with them. But there are a bunch of factors - many that have been mentioned above - that makes me think that W&D will go quickly (probably by the end of the day on the 17th).

Plus, doesn't W&D have the smallest field of all the rD Halfs? Or am I just making that up?

No probs!

One thing I noticed - it specifically says you don't have to have an Active.com account to register. I know we had to have one for DLH - is this a new change? Does this possibly mean RunDisney will be eventually going away from using Active altogether??

My DD25 and I just got home from WDW late, late last night and forgot it was early registration this morning! I was ready to sign up but my DD25 was still asleep, a few states away from me, so I couldn't wake her up. And since it was going on her CC, now we will wait for regular registration. How important is it to be able to print when you finish registering? My work computer, which is on our network, constantly blocks pages randomly. Some days I can get on and some days I can't. I don't want to chance it that it will be an "off" day on the 17th! I have a "back-up" computer (on a private modem) that I use to order on when I can't get websites to load on our network (I'm in purchasing for a nursing home), but it can NOT be hooked up to a printer.... Will I be able to register if I can't print?

Yeah - Dumbo was done in like 26 minutes, while the Half lasted until roughly lunchtime the following day.

Challenges are always going to go first, just because of the bling and novelty associated with them. But there are a bunch of factors - many that have been mentioned above - that makes me think that W&D will go quickly (probably by the end of the day on the 17th).

Plus, doesn't W&D have the smallest field of all the rD Halfs? Or am I just making that up?
Smallest at WDW, yes. I think there are something like 14,000 runners compared to ~22,000 at the WDW and Princess Half. I'm sure I don't have the exact right numbers but it's something like that.
No probs!

One thing I noticed - it specifically says you don't have to have an Active.com account to register. I know we had to have one for DLH - is this a new change? Does this possibly mean RunDisney will be eventually going away from using Active altogether??
I don't think an Active.com account is NEEDED...it wasn't when I signed up. There's some option to check out as a guest.

My DD25 and I just got home from WDW late, late last night and forgot it was early registration this morning! I was ready to sign up but my DD25 was still asleep, a few states away from me, so I couldn't wake her up. And since it was going on her CC, now we will wait for regular registration. How important is it to be able to print when you finish registering? My work computer, which is on our network, constantly blocks pages randomly. Some days I can get on and some days I can't. I don't want to chance it that it will be an "off" day on the 17th! I have a "back-up" computer (on a private modem) that I use to order on when I can't get websites to load on our network (I'm in purchasing for a nursing home), but it can NOT be hooked up to a printer.... Will I be able to register if I can't print?

I've never printed anything after registration. It gets emailed to me and if I feel the need, I print the receipt and confirmation from my email.

No probs!

I noticed that too. Maybe RunDisney just told them they couldn't require it or something. I'll still use my Active account just because then it tracks it for me.

Yes, you can register without being able to print, I think. You should be prompted to enter an email and you'll get email confirmation of your registration. If you have an Active account as well, then I think you can even go in later and print the confirmation.

Gotcha. I just don't even see the need for an account. I registered for DLH under my Active account, and of course, it says that I don't have permission to view my registration. Whatever. I've got my email and it comes up when I check for registration on RunDisney.

It just seems like they'd be better off building their own registration tool, but hey - that's just me. :)

I printed the receipt you get after you register but honestly its not needed,when you register it also asks for an email so you will get an email confirmation you can print later on to have some paper confirmation for yourself.But even when you go pick up your bib at the expo all you really need is your ID and the waiver with your bib number that doesn't appear until like a month before the race,and even those can be printed at the expo.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter