windsor-palms vs. cypress pt. GV

dbal

Mouseketeer
Hi- we are planning on travelling the week after Thanksgiving or the following wk with a family of 6. Budget is our biggest enemy this time.

Does anyone have any opinions on either Cypress pointe GV vs. Windsor-palms 2-3 bdrm homes. ? The prices on hotelkingdom.com for the grand villas almost sound too good to pass up. Any opinions would be helpful.

Thanks

Bumping for you.

Havne't been to either place. I would like to know too as I am very interested in both places.

herc.

We have stayed at Windsor Palms. We rented a 3-bedroom condo in November. We booked through this website:

http://www.windsor-palms-resort.com/

WP is a gated community of rental homes - 2 and 3 bed condos, 3 bed townhomes and 3-6 bed pool homes. There is a clubhouse with game room, exercise room, theater, store and community pool.

The homes are beautiful and the complex is well maintained. They also have a playground and tennis/basketball courts I believe.

It is conveniently located about 10 mintues from Disney and very close to shopping and dining.

Really nothing bad to say about the place. I'm sure we'll stay there again.

2 bed condos start at about $65/nite. 3 bed houses start under $100/nite.

I've never been to Cypress Point so I can't compare.

Steve

Another thumbs up for Windsor Palms! We were there From Feb. 18 to March 3 and had a wonderful time!

since budget is a main concern for you, keep in mind that CP does not charge the cleaning fee that I found basically all the rentals in Windsor Palms do if you stay less than 'x' amont of days.

I stayed at Cypress Pointe this past weekend for 3 days & made my reservations there since I would have had to pay the cleaning fee at Windsor Palms (which was basically like paying for an additional night to me since the cleaning fees were around $55, close to the nightly rental rates.) Although from all the wonderful comments about Windsor Palms, I would also like to try them out!

When we stayed at Windsor Palms there was no mention of a cleaning fee. It was included in the price.

As far as I can tell there is no cleaning fee for stays of more than a week. Looks like you were there for 2 weeks, they didn't need to mention it as you were covered :)....Glad you enjoyed your trip, we can't wait to go next month!

Stayed at cypress pt gv and love it. I have not stayed at windsor palms. CP GV was 5 minutes to disney .very easy to get to anything you want to do. Spacious rooms .we had 2 br was perfect for my family (2&7) loved coming back to jacuzzi after the parks. Conveniant store in the middle of the complexes mad it very easy. friendly staff miniature golf, i think there are 3 or 4 pools. the main was crowded ebcause of the pool slides but we always went to the one out side our room. never crowded. Would stay there agin in heart beat. you can;t beat the value. there is cleaning service which is optional. (although high for the 2br it was better value on 1 bed)

I've stayed at both. We liked both. We were able to get a better deal at Windsor Palms but I think that if they were the same price I'd choose cypress pointe, at least for a condo/townhome.

If you don't need a large place, CP has some advantages. There are more TVs (at WP it depends on the owners), there is a large whirlpool tub in the master bath (WP condos and townhouses don't have this). The 3 BR CP GV units are really big! 3 bathrooms, kitchen & kitchenette, a bunch of TVs, 2 screened patios.

I like the consistency of furnishings and supplies with a place like CP over WP with its individual owners. It's more of a pain to figure out exactly what you're getting.

Both are good as far as location. We had a car. I like the area by CP a little better as far as the stores go.

Just curious. If Cypress Pointe does not a have a cleaning fee, are we expected to clean up before we leave?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter