Windsor Hills experts, Help Please!

Discussion in 'Orlando Hotels and Attractions' started by catne, Dec 13, 2011.

1. catne

catne DIS Veteran

We've always stayed at Disney on-site hotels, but I think I am getting a bit jaded on the experience...we have annual passes so tickets are not an issue.And the latest round of discounts for 2012 are definitely not as good a deal as the last few years. I'm just thinking it's reached a point I'm not so sure the total-Disney-experience is worth it.

We like to take a lot of 2,3, or 4-night stays. Started searching for condo/villa rentals, and really liking what I see at Windsor Hills ( accomodations, amenities and proximity to Disney World.) I see a lot of homes that seem to have 1 week minimums. So I am wondering if anyone knows: are there any pool/spa homes there that rent for less than a week?

2. Avatar

Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide this advert.
  3. Jo*Mama

Jo*Mama Earning My Ears

I found a townhome in WH on www.vrbo.com for 5 nights and that was even during spring break. I did have to look through LOTS of listings and email the owners. Wish I could send you a link to that specific one but I don't have it now.....they were listed with Oasis homes though.

4. mareed

mareed DIS Veteran

Some, but not all will rent for less than a week, but you'll usually have to pay the cleaning fee yourself (where it's usually included in most rentals of at least a week). Because of that, you'll likely find that when you pay the cleaning fee (around $100) the cost savings won't be huge on a 2 night stay.

The easiest way to check with many homeowners at once is to enter a general inquiry at http://www.windsorhillsrent.com/. As mentioned earlier, you can also go through VRBO and make individual inquiries but that can take a lot more time.

5. kidd_freeper

kidd_freeper DIS Veteran

Check out this site:
    http://www.magicalvacationhomes.com/

Easy to use site. Lots of accurate pictures.
    Yes, most (if not all) of the units are offered for less than a week (although most seem to have a 4 night minimum). However, most (if not all) will charge a cleaning fee for stays less than 7 days.

Its a good site to look at because it gives up-to-the-date availability information for each unit in a nice calendar format, so you can play around with it without having to call anyone. And if you can find a 2-3 day gap between other renter's plans, I would bet that they would let you have it for less than a 4 night stay.

6. mikkiwikki

mikkiwikki DIS Veteran

Well I guess that depends.

Like the condo we got rents Saturday to saturday -
    (vacationcentralflorida.com)
    We are leaving before the end of the week...you still pay the weekly rate.
    But the rate is so low I dont care.

7. 4forMe

4forMe DIS Veteran

We book through Florida Sun Vacation Homes. They require a 3 night minimum (5 nights for holiday weeks). We use them since they offer a 15% discount on 7 nights or more (we usually stay 8-9 nights), and are often cheaper than similar homes on vrbo.

Good luck with your search!